I�ve had my BB Z10 for almost a week now, one week tomorrow, and I can truly say I am pleased overall, there is the odd quirk here & there but for the most part nothing of any real concern; for the most part I would consider them to be subjective, personal preference that sort of thing. Battery life, so far, has improved, since initial charge, bordering, by times, on almost two days. Word of qualification here is that my company has yet to switch to BES 10, and I am unable to connect via active sync due to restrictions on our server, established by our IT guru, not the Z10, so battery life, in the end, may not be all that wonderful, time will tell.

I have three main dislikes, complaints, whatever word you would prefer. I�m not keen on the notification set-up; yes I can set individual tones for email vs. text, but not for different emails for example. I can still establish specific contact based tones, but sound volume is set across the board for all profiles. I really hope this is fixed in the update that is surely due to come, hopefully soon. No holster with the device, big issue for me, that may have been a Blackberry (RIM) decision, may have been a carrier�s decision; either way was not pleased with that.

In truth my biggest complaint is the way my carrier handled the release, simply stated they could have done much better, but in all honesty they could have done much worse. My carrier sent out an email, c/w courier tracking number, to inform me that my reserved Z10 was shipped, and, by means of the supplied tracking number, advising me that it was at the store. While I expected that the Z10 would not be released to me until the 5th, the email did not indicate this; rather it clearly informed me that as soon as the store had it they would call. When no call came I called the store to have my expectations confirmed. Was this a huge issue, no, rather it was puzzling to me, I couldn�t figure out the logic of telling a customer, essentially, your phone is where you asked it to be, but you can�t have it for a few days. We�re not actually going to tell you that clearly, however, you have to figure that out for yourself. Then I get a call on Monday evening telling me my phone is at the store, come get it Tuesday. In my opinion, if you�re not releasing product to your customer until a certain day, you tell them the day before, at the earliest; not half a week before, at least not without clear information. As I indicated it could have been handled better.

But all in all I like the Z10, so far it works considerably better than the myriad of Bold 9900�s I had to suffer through all because my company is set up for BB. The 9900�s that I had were so bad I considered dropping BB altogether and going to a Samsung S3, even bought one and played with it for a few days. But the security issues with the Android platform, which I had read about, coupled with the inability to connect to the company server, same reason as with Z10, stopped me.

All that for this I am happy with my Z10 so far, pleased with the OS, save for the update I�m hoping for, it is doing everything I need and doing it well; Bold 9900 issues notwithstanding I�m happy I waited.
    b320 likes this.
    02-11-13 09:45 PM
    Welcome....
    Last edited by SDTRMG; 02-13-13 at 08:59 PM.
    AbsoluteT23 likes this.
    02-11-13 10:57 PM
    All that for this I am happy with my Z10 so far, pleased with the OS, save for the update I�m hoping for, it is doing everything I need and doing it well; Bold 9900 issues notwithstanding I�m happy I waited.
    Hi, thanks for stopping by and welcome to CrackBerry!

About your three issue areas: Carriers don't tend to help BlackBerry these days and they haven't for a long time. About the holster: it was probably your carrier cheaping out but holsters are available on Amazon and ShopCrackBerry for about $25 and I'm sure that that's worth it to you for the convenience. BlackBerry did it's part by designing them and keeping the "magnet" part (that for example shuts off the screen as you slide your device into a holster). This is probably where there's best news: more refined notifications are rumored to be on the way in a future OS update (which are now delivered better than ever) and will certainly be possible with third-party apps sooner or later.

Again, it's great that some stumbling blocks didn't deter you and it's thoroughly nice to hear that you're enjoying your BlackBerry 10 device. Please don't hesitate to post again.
    liddiepud likes this.
    02-11-13 11:28 PM
    Hello and welcome to crackberry. Thanks for posting this and looking forward to many more posts. This was a good article that seems honest. I hope it gets better with time. Again thanks.
    liddiepud likes this.
    02-11-13 11:57 PM
    ShopCrackberry.com has an extremely good selection of holsters, screen protectors etc.; to my mind great pricing & service as well. I have purchased a really good, BlackBerry branded, magnet, holster, a screen protector, and screen cleaner. Received both orders very quickly, very happy with them as well. Customer service as it should be.
    02-12-13 09:13 PM
    ShopCrackberry.com has an extremely good selection of holsters, screen protectors etc.; to my mind great pricing & service as well. I have purchased a really good, BlackBerry branded, magnet, holster, a screen protector, and screen cleaner. Received both orders very quickly, very happy with them as well. Customer service as it should be.
    That's really great! Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by b320; 02-13-13 at 12:36 AM.
    02-12-13 09:36 PM
    Is your company planning on switching to BES 10? Will they be issuing Z10's to employees?
    02-12-13 09:40 PM