Hi,

I have had my Z10 now for about 2 months. Totally rocks except that it reboots randomly. It especially reboots in MAPS using navigation after about 5 minutes of driving. So far I have done this:

1. removed sim and battery
    2. removed all the apps I downloaded
    3. Applied latest patches.
    4. I have now even put on the leaked 10.1.0.1627. This one is much more stable but still reboots in MAPS after 5 minutes or so of use.

Any tips before I look to RMA this device ?

Thanks.
    05-03-13 08:57 AM
    Hi, fbar
    One of the usual cause of unattended reboots is a SD card problem. Would not cost much to give a try w/o your SD card (or with another one) and see if things go better. Also, if this only happen in Maps, I believe RMA won't be relevant (you may lose time and eventually money).

I believe this has been discussed a lot already, give the search box a chance !
    This thread seems to be quite loaded : http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...starts-781237/
    (or look just at the bottom of this thread )
    BB Z10 reboot issue-capture.png

So, this is more a welcome message than a real response here
    05-03-13 01:19 PM
    I do believe this is a software problem. I can reproduce the problem in maps every time. With or without the sd card. 5 minutes of navigation and it reboots. It drives me nuts. It happened to me in another city when I was driving in traffic and had to pull over and bring out my Tom Tom.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 11:29 AM
    Is it charging at the time of reboot?, reason I ask is I've had my Z10 from launch day on VZW, I never had it reboot until a week 1/2 ago (did it twice), both times it was charging in my car and I had the phone in my hand, yesterday I was on the phone (using Bluetooth speaker) while driving (phone charging) no issue with completing call, one minute later the phone rang, i picked it up off of the seat to look at the caller ID and it started to reboot but this time I got the BSOD just like a PC, I managed to get it to shut down without pulling the battery, it started up fine, one minute later I picked it up to call back the missed call and I got the Blue screen again, this time I had to pull the battery, now It will not turn on ( have a replacement on the way) talked with VZW who forwarded me to Blackberry support who sent me back to VZW, they said they did not know the phone could do that. If the phone is charging during the reboots, try using the map when it’s not plugged in.
    05-04-13 09:29 PM
    I tried without charging. Same issue. I get random reboots. But always in maps. The phone gets hot too where the battery is. I've been thinking of trying a different battery. I believe the battery is covered for a year as well. Will post my results.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 05:41 PM
    Reload the OS

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 05:59 PM