My wife just got a new Galaxy. Easy to use (she is not tech), Great voice control, etc. I know we are just in our infancy with BBOS, but heck, I want the same easy of use, control, speed, (read spec) etc.

BB has 18 months to get their act together or I will jump. Been through a Bold, Storm 1 & 2, Playbook, and Z10.
    08-02-13 10:34 AM
    18 months? Why? Don't want it, don't use it.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    08-02-13 10:45 AM
    There are points to envy from all platforms. Just have to pick on that works for you. Does she envy your security, ease of typing and messaging?
    08-02-13 11:04 AM
    typing and messaging are easier. She voice messages and texts a lot. No need for security. After the upgrade to Verizon 10.1, texting is unreliable, lost wireless connectivity, Bluetooth became jumbled.

Cannot change as it costs money
    08-02-13 11:09 AM
    My wife just got a new Galaxy. Easy to use (she is not tech), Great voice control, etc. I know we are just in our infancy with BBOS, but heck, I want the same easy of use, control, speed, (read spec) etc.

BB has 18 months to get their act together or I will jump. Been through a Bold, Storm 1 & 2, Playbook, and Z10.
    Ease of use? Control? Spec? What? It really sounds like you just want the latter, spec, so you can feel more manly. The first two points you listed all go to BB10 OS hands down. For you I would suggest to go get an SG4 then, but keep in mind that you will get SG5 envy in another 6 months.

Posted via CB10
    Undbiter65 likes this.
    08-02-13 11:11 AM
    i came from the gs4 and im now on a z10. im happy with my choice every day but if android is right for you then go for it. texting on my z10 is so mind blowingly easy i could never use something else but i will admit i think my z10 it miles smoother than my gs4 was. to each his own
    BB-04 likes this.
    08-02-13 11:31 AM
    18 months? Why? Don't want it, don't use it.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    my guess is being locked into a contract. theres normally a penalty for ending your contract, so to say don't use it is overly simplistic
    08-02-13 11:37 AM
    i came from the gs4 and im now on a z10. im happy with my choice every day but if android is right for you then go for it. texting on my z10 is so mind blowingly easy i could never use something else but i will admit i think my z10 it miles smoother than my gs4 was. to each his own
    I keep telling people my Z10 is smoother than friends GS4 but know one believes me.
    08-02-13 11:38 AM
    As I type I am on BB support for the last 50 min trying to resolve wireless and Bluetooth issues. I own alot of BB stock, so want it to succeed. Mostly my frustration with BB is over promise and under perform.

Bad week at work, too many government bureaucrats, desperately need vacation.
    Last edited by Powdah; 08-02-13 at 01:49 PM.
    08-02-13 11:52 AM
    It's beyond pointless to question whether or not the OP is sincere: take the post at face value.

In my experience, the 'new shiny' feeling wears off pretty quickly: trust me I have no fewer than SIX Android devices and they're all "OOOooooh! New toy!" for about literally a few hours then I'm back to my main device which has been a BB9810 or Z10.

OP, you have to ask yourself what exactly IS it about BB10 / Z10 that you love about it, and whether or not you can be happy with an Android tablet or something as a way to get your Android fix and still use your Z10 for your main communications device. If it's the COMMUNICATIONS capabilities of the Galaxy that you're pining for, well... you can bribe your wife with "dining out" if you know what I mean if she'll let you borrow her Galaxy for a few days to shake down whether or not you love it.

Do a backup of the Galaxy then do a security wipe and set it up for yourself... then use it for a couple of days. At the end of those days you might decide that you would prefer the Galaxy over the Z10.

Likewise, back up your Z10, do a security wipe, then let your wife set it up and use it for a few days. She may be making quite a sacrifice but she ALSO might discover that she likes the Z10, too.

After you've both had a chance to try each others' devices, you can back them up again and security wipe and restore from your old backups and carry on.

You're both lucky to have the chance to try another device "risk free" and your wife will enjoy your linguistic skills.
    ubizmo likes this.
    08-02-13 11:59 AM
    In my own experience, Samsung Galaxy is a bit confusing to use. I had a chance to play with my friend's Note 2 and I thought it'll be easy for me because I have a Nexus 7.

What I found, though, is that there are way lots of differences:

You activate Google Now differently (she didn't know how to so I have to google how).

Google Now looks a bit different.

You delete apps differently (have to go to apps manager).

Her Hello Kitty background app keeps on getting the 'Forcing close' (whatever) error.

Found out that it's still on JB 4.1.2 (made some research after that and seems like only GS4 is on 4.2.2).

Had trouble downloading the Minion Rush update (26 MB) despite being on H+ with 3 bars. Keeps getting 'unable to download' 'check your connection'. While my other friend on iPhone 5 was playing with hers.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 12:06 PM
    The S4 is not a bad phone at all. Has some interesting features. And if it means anything to you, some of my friends with S4s are envious on some of the features on my Z10. All phones have something that other smartphones don't have.

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    08-02-13 12:26 PM
    Pow did you ever look into running a higher but leak version of blackberry os it may fix your problem and you may also benefit in the process seeing how slow Verizon can be when it comes to rolling out updates never hurts to try something that may improve said situation

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 12:27 PM
    I have never been willing to try leaked versions. I have often thought about it though. One of my primary reasons is the time it takes to backup, restore, etc. I am now close to 3 hrs. of time wiping, restoring, resetting up, to see if my wireless and blue tooth issues are solved. That is 3 hrs of not being able to work, therefore out of a fair amount of billable hrs as I run my business out of my phone.
    08-02-13 01:54 PM
    In my own experience, Samsung Galaxy is a bit confusing to use.
    This is my experience as well. Love the screen. Love the thinness, love the camera but I can't stand the OS. From that irritating Z password screen to the random things flying at me to options buried under options buried under options, I always found this phone to be a cluttered mess.

If someone said, "You can have an iPhone 5, a Lumia 920 or a Z10 or a Galaxy ... which is the first you'd drop", I assure you it would be the Galaxy. Just can't stand it relative to the others. And it's because I find Android to be a cluttered, disorganized mess.

Your mileage may vary.
    08-02-13 01:58 PM
    strange peek and flowing is so much "easier" then pressing a home button bb10 is on par with ios for ease of use for me obviously ios wins out of the box but once use to it it beats it down to the ground its more intutive for me to swipe across the screen to go back through apps aswel not press a back button thats just my opinon tho ive had no problems with 10.1 and 10.2 is amazing but if you cant handle it whats the point in waiting 18 months sell up and find a phone thats right for you
    08-06-13 12:34 PM
    My friends and I constantly show off our phones. Some are iPhone users and some use Android (Samsung, HTC One and so on). I've had my fair twinges of jealousy at features on the other phones. I won't lie. But overall I prefer my Z10. But I understand you OP. There are some good phones out there!

Last edited by Undbiter65; 08-06-13 at 01:19 PM.
    08-06-13 12:53 PM
    Go ahead and jump ship. Life is too short to dwell on a phone you do not like. My phone has worked perfectly for me, i love it. But if I didn't I would get one I do like. I am ditching my PlayBook for a nexus 7 though.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 01:10 PM
    When I get home I will upload a picture of me giving the middle finger to my galaxy s4. Received it in a trade and I could not be less impressed with it. They hype it up like it is the end be all of phones. But it's just another android device, but this time with mass marketing and useless gimmicks. I'll wave my hand over the phone to answer it never. Watching a video and want to look away? Get ready for buffering. Wanna listen to a song on YouTube. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 01:55 PM
    I thought about dropping BlackBerry and going for the HTC One back at the end of March, but ended up getting the Z10 because the HTC One was delayed. I'm glad I did. My dad bought a One and it is a great piece of hardware, but I still think the Sense UI is annoying. Once the HTC One GPe was announced, I decided I would get it. I like stock Android. I like the ability to customize my home screen. I've been using my One for almost 2 weeks and there are things I love about both phones. I like the size of the Z10 and the rubberized door. The Z10 is my workout phone. I can easily use it with one hand thanks to the size and gestures and I never worry about dropping it because it's so easy to grip. The Hub is the other thing I love. I like having all my messages and notifications in one place. I like the materials and build quality on the One. It's just a beautiful phone. I love Google Now. I didn't realize how much I would use it. I've never minded converting .apk to .bar and sideloading, especially with xsacha's method and the chrome extension, but it is nice to have access to all the apps instead of a few. What I really want to do is take all the great things from BB 10 and mash them together with Androids customization, app catalog, and Google services. That would be ideal for me.

I'm definitely not giving up either phone. It's nice to have the extra battery for the Z10, but I also use the charging bundle to charge my One on the go. If the One needs to be plugged in, then I just pop my Sim into my Z10 and continue on with another phone that I love. I understand the feeling that Android is a disorganized mess whenever I see TouchWiz or Sense, but vanilla Android has really become a great user experience.
    08-06-13 03:36 PM
    There are points to envy from all platforms. Just have to pick on that works for you. Does she envy your security, ease of typing and messaging?
    Yep. Personally, the security of BlackBerry benefits my otherwise-paranoid self.
    08-06-13 04:09 PM
    I find the z10 smoother than gs4 as well, although I love how the gs4 let's you select which app should be the default for this function. Eg using a different browser as default. Or different music player etc.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 04:59 PM
    But how can you say BlackBerry z10 isn't easy to use? And how is it not fast? I don't seem to understand lol. Unless you're saying that you think gestures are hard to remember..

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 05:15 PM
    Why is this relevant on a BlackBerry forum?

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 05:29 PM
    Why is this relevant on a BlackBerry forum?

Posted via CB10
    Because he owns a Z10. A proud owner of a Z10 is envious of another smartphone. Great phone don't get me wrong. But so are the other phones. Just shows that BlackBerry has to always keep innovating because new and more spec'ed out phones are right around the corner.

Morty2264 likes this.
    08-06-13 05:32 PM
27 12