09-24-16 10:26 AM
75 123
tools
    Hi Guys,
    please help - I have had Blackberry's for the past 9 years, I live and breathe Blackberry and was super excited about the Z10 when it was announced so I got one as soon as I could.
    For the past 10 months it has been amazing and then on Saturday (literally 1 year since it was released it switched off with still 1/2 battery charge and it will not give me anything. I have tried so many times in the past few days to revive it but nothing at all except once and only once the red light flashed quickly twice. Completely black screen, completely dead.
    Quick questions - is there anyway to retrieve contact information as I didn't sync for the past 6 months?
    Can it be repaired?
    If not, I am thinking of getting the Z30 - anything I should know?
    thanks
    Ciro
    02-03-14 09:06 AM
    You might have a battery that is completely shot.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 09:11 AM
    Battery is a possibility.
    Did you used to plug your phone in charger for long hours? If yes, you may want to see if you can get another battery.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 09:15 AM
    thanks for the quick replies....
    sorry forgot to mention that - I have two batteries, tried charging both at separate times in the Z10 for at least 8 hours and still nothing....
    Quite distraught that the BB that I rave about so much to iphone followers has done this - thought it was flawless until this happened and for one moment I have even considered an iphone...using one right now and it is awful by comparison - the BB Hub alone obliterates this pos!
    02-03-14 09:17 AM
    It has something to do with your battery. Try replacing your battery.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 09:18 AM
    Have tried another charger or a laptop connection. Trust me wires are a big problem toom

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 09:19 AM
    I think he already answered whether or not it was his battery...

I've never had that whole "using a different charger" thing happen to me. I use my phones with different chargers all the time and never had one die.

Your phone could be dead, or it could just be shut down. When was the last time the red notification light came on? And how? What does it give you when you connect it to the computer and try to bootload it?
    jpvj likes this.
    02-03-14 09:24 AM
    Appreciate all the replies - i've got 3 different chargers and two different batteries - I do leave phone to charge overnight and usually through extensive work/personal use (self-employed) need to charge it again by 4pm...
    last time double red light flash was yesterday morning, nothing since. Keep trying holding power button down for 10 secs, 20 secs, do it quickly...nada...absolutely nada...

I have tried to connect it to the computer and still nothing happens on the handset and I've tried to switch it on at the power button..blackberry link doesn't recognise my device as it is off...
    02-03-14 09:32 AM
    Try to do a restore to factory settings using link. It should work... the only issue is that you should forget about your information

http://www.change.org/petitions/t-mo...-amazing-phone !!!!!spread the word!!!! http://www.petitions24.com/attz30
    02-03-14 09:41 AM
    You may want to read another thread where we have similar (I guess) problems : http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ailure-900719/

Let us know
    Cheers
    SF

Side note :
    About chargers, etc.
    Please note that even if you can charge your device with an aftermarket charger, if you drain your battery 100% these will NOT work properly. I'm not sure about you ciro_campi but if you've not tried just plug a BlackBerry genuine charger into your device for 1hr or so and be patient.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 02-03-14 at 10:08 AM.
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    02-03-14 09:58 AM
    had that problem with my Q10 a few months ago. it literally did NOTHING. no red flashes, no beep no boop no glimpse of life. chargers, batteries and bb-link could do nothing. sent it back and they had to replace it. no reason found.
    02-03-14 10:03 AM
    As a side note, the term SIDS (from "sudden infant death syndrome") as been appropriated by Apple users as "Sudden iPhone Death Syndrome". It can happen to any phone. Have you plugged it into your computer and/or charger with the battery OUT.
    undone likes this.
    02-03-14 10:16 AM
    I would try the reload option on BlackBerry Link for sure. Has saved me before, when nothing else would, short of taking it back to the store for repairs. Of course you will loose any previous data on your phone. Saving data on link from time to time is a must.
    02-03-14 10:52 AM
    Does anyone know where Blackberry's can be repaired? Willing to pay but I don't even know where I can send it. My z30 has a similar problem and won't power on

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 10:54 AM
    I would try BlackBerry Link reload option first. Might solve your problem (it did mine). As for where to repair? Sorry, would depend where you are located I imagine.
    02-03-14 10:58 AM
    Why not try and run a leak autoloader when you see the red light? It should work.

PS: I've seen my phone charger from 0 to 100% many times with a 3rd party charger. Don't know why people freak out about that.
    02-03-14 11:44 AM
    Sorry to hear that. The good news is that z10 are dirty cheap. I would call Blackberry and find out how much it would cost to fix it. Can't be that expensive

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    02-03-14 12:17 PM
    Not that cheap, it depends where u are. I had to pay 450 for a new one 2 months ago from Telus in Vancouver for similar reasons.

From my Z10.
    02-03-14 12:26 PM
    Don't use generic or weak chargers with your Z10. They throw off the charging circuits. To recalibrate and solve your issues follow these steps: Take out the dead battery, SIM card and SD card. Plug in the original BlackBerry charger that came with the phone. Hold the power button for 3 seconds or until you see the red light come on. Leave the phone in this state for at least 2 minutes or until it shuts off completely on it's own. You may or may not see the red battery outline or the white blackberry logo on the screen. Plug out the charger and leave everything out for 1 hour. Replace everything and allow the phone to charge. Never use weak chargers on your Z10 again.

Posted via CB10
    world saviour and Superfly_FR like this.
    02-03-14 12:40 PM
    It doesn't sound good.
    I had one do the same thing. If you plug it in without a battery in it, does the red LED blink once and then nothing?
    If so, you're SOL. I had to have mine swapped with Verizon. At the time the phone was only a few months old. BlackBerry support told me it should be replaced with a "new" phone because it had a 1-year warranty. But Verizon said "NO", we only replace them with refurbished phones -so now I have a Z10 that's been who knows where?? Talk about "ick" factor!!
    02-03-14 12:44 PM
    Don't use generic or weak chargers with your Z10. They throw off the charging circuits. To recalibrate and solve your issues follow these steps: Take out the dead battery, SIM card and SD card. Plug in the original BlackBerry charger that came with the phone. Hold the power button for 3 seconds or until you see the red light come on. Leave the phone in this state for at least 2 minutes or until it shuts off completely on it's own. You may or may not see the red battery outline or the white blackberry logo on the screen. Plug out the charger and leave everything out for 1 hour. Replace everything and allow the phone to charge. Never use weak chargers on your Z10 again.

Posted via CB10
    If confirmed, this worse a sticky !
    Did you experiment this by your own ?
    jpvj likes this.
    02-03-14 12:50 PM
    Hi,

Odd question I know, but have you tried to do a hard reset by holding in the up and down volume keys till the phone restarts. Slim chance that this might work, but hey nothing ventured.... nothing gained!

HTH

Elcuolo
    ciro_ciampi likes this.
    02-03-14 01:07 PM
    This happened to me with FOUR Z10's. I could not correlate the battery (I had a backup all charged up), or charger (one in my car and one in my office) to any of the phones. On the last Z10 I was on the phone with BB for over an hour before they conceded that the phone would not start. Then I took it to my Verizon store and they tried who knows what in the back room and could not revive it.

I then went to the Z30 about 2 months ago and so far have not had any problems.
    02-03-14 01:13 PM
    Agreed, this has helped me numerous times
    You may want to read another thread where we have similar (I guess) problems : http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ailure-900719/

Let us know
    Cheers
    SF

Side note :
    About chargers, etc.
    Please note that even if you can charge your device with an aftermarket charger, if you drain your battery 100% these will NOT work properly. I'm not sure about you ciro_campi but if you've not tried just plug a BlackBerry genuine charger into your device for 1hr or so and be patient.
    02-03-14 01:15 PM
    If you've had it for 10 months, it's still under warranty with BB! As for not syncing for months: no comment !
    jpvj likes this.
    02-03-14 02:05 PM
75 123