So I got my new BlackBerry Z10 from AT&T who had a pretty pisspoor display for it.

So my att.blackberry.net email address is no more. How does one setup BES with BB Z10?

If someone tells me they aren't compatible I may just go ape sh*t.

EDIT: My work has BES setup already, it's not the latest version but it has worked fine for all BB devices before the Z10 without upgrade.
    Last edited by D.Vader; 03-22-13 at 05:08 PM. Reason: add more info.
    03-22-13 04:51 PM
    Sorry if this was a duplicate post, I did search for this but BB10 BES tends to give you lots of hits on CrackBerry and I didn't see this in the how-to.
    03-22-13 04:51 PM
    Your email address has nothing to do with BES.

Are you talking about BIS and your BlackBerry hosted email?

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 04:54 PM
    Your email address has nothing to do with BES.

Are you talking about BIS and your BlackBerry hosted email?

Posted via CB10
    Nope I mean BES which is why I spelled out BlackBerry Enterprise Server. I am aware of BIS not being an option for the Z10.
    03-22-13 05:07 PM
    The Z10 requires BES10, it's not compatible with BES5. BES10 is basically a completely new product that your IT has to deploy, though they can upgrade to it for free (CAL trade-up). BES10 is designed to manage BB10/iOS/Android, and interface with the BES5 to provide one central management point for everything.

Unless your IT department has deployed BES 10 I'm afraid you're out of luck.

There may be one silver lining though, BB10 does support ActiveSync. So if your company currently offers ActiveSync for iOS/Android/Windows Phone then you can just activate through ActiveSync.
    03-22-13 05:15 PM
    The Z10 requires BES10, it's not compatible with BES5. BES10 is basically a completely new product that your IT has to deploy, though they can upgrade to it for free (CAL trade-up). BES10 is designed to manage BB10/iOS/Android, and interface with the BES5 to provide one central management point for everything.

There may be one silver lining though, BB10 does support ActiveSync. So if your company currently offers ActiveSync for iOS/Android/Windows Phone then you can just activate through ActiveSync.
    This is better news that what I thought, when I went to BlackBerry's webpage for BES ...
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Enterprise Server - BES - US

They had a link for "BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10"...
    BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 - BES 10 - Mobile Device Management - US

That was saying there is a free trial but no mention of trading up with BES5 CALs. Where did you hear about the trade-up program? I would be very interested in this. Any linkage would be greatly appreciated, if we can do this upgrade at no cost that would be awesome.
    03-22-13 05:22 PM
    Well we are using BES Express. LOL

Being a BlackBerry fan is like a trial by fire. Just for once I would like to say BlackBerry is great without saying the word "but..."

EDIT: Well the cost doesn't look that high BES10 appears to be free but the CAL's cost $99.00 per 10 pack. Unless I am reading this wrong though you can't mix and match BB with iOS/Droid CALs which is kind of nickle and diming me. We have 3-4 people on BlackBerry and 3-4 people on iOS/Droid.

https://enterprise.ecomm.webapps.bla...000000001.html
    Last edited by D.Vader; 03-22-13 at 05:38 PM. Reason: added more info
    03-22-13 05:32 PM

Hi, I have the same issue as the OP. However, just for clarification... should I see something called "Enterprise Activation" anywhere in the settings (advanced settings)? I've been trying to BES activate my phone via the "Work Account" option under the "Advanced Setup" menu under "Add Account" but I don't see any "enterprise activation" language on the form.

Is there a manual? Normally, I do RTFM, but I can't seem to find anything about a step-by-step guide to activating BES on my phone...

Thanks in advance
    03-22-13 05:37 PM
    The CALs are actually $99/device, not for a 10 pack. If you're using BES Express though, how are you handing the iOS and Android devices? That sounds to me like BES Express is for the BBs, and ActiveSync security policies are for the other devices. BB10 has native support for ActiveSync security policies, so that has replaced BES Express as the free option. BES10 is only for those that need the more advanced management features. Unless you're using something paid like Good to manage the iOS/Android devices you should be able to just use ActiveSync.

Do you have Outlook Web Access? If you've got OWA you've probably got ActiveSync.

For the CAL trade-up check out http://us.blackberry.com/business/bl...-10-ready.html . Though if you're using BESX it doesn't apply as it doesn't have CALs. There's also an offer for a free Z10 there.
    03-22-13 05:47 PM
    Hi, I have the same issue as the OP. However, just for clarification... should I see something called "Enterprise Activation" anywhere in the settings (advanced settings)? I've been trying to BES activate my phone via the "Work Account" option under the "Advanced Setup" menu under "Add Account" but I don't see any "enterprise activation" language on the form.

Is there a manual? Normally, I do RTFM, but I can't seem to find anything about a step-by-step guide to activating BES on my phone...
    If you've got BES 10 then Work Account is the correct place to activate. If your company is running BES5 (BES for BBOS devices) then the Work Account won't do you any good and you need to talk to IT about either ActiveSync or BES 10 being available. Enterprise Activation sounds like BES5 language, I'd confirm that BES10 is available.
    03-22-13 05:48 PM
    If you've got BES 10 then Work Account is the correct place to activate. If your company is running BES5 (BES for BBOS devices) then the Work Account won't do you any good and you need to talk to IT about either ActiveSync or BES 10 being available. Enterprise Activation sounds like BES5 language, I'd confirm that BES10 is available.
    Thanks Taylor,

I was using the expression "Enterprise Activation" because that's what I was accustomed to coming from the 9000, 9800, 9810, and 9900 (i.e. BES-5). Our IT department probably didn't realize that their was some server-side work needed to be done, so I think they're probably going through it now... Guess, I'll go with ActiveSync until our BES has been updated to BES-10.

In any case, it appears that BB has removed the "Enterprise Activation" language from the account setup forms... just going with the simpler "Work Account" expression. Confusing at first for some of us longtime BES users...

BR
    03-22-13 05:59 PM
    BES 10 activates differently the BES 5. It uses an email process to setup the connections. Which is really easy, but you have to have the server setup.

You can upgrade the cals free if you are under software maintenance with blackberry. I got mine up and running with some trial and error though.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 06:00 PM
    Striking my remarks from the record. Was a little aggravated. :P
    Last edited by D.Vader; 03-26-13 at 09:05 AM.
    03-25-13 12:57 PM