Hello Everyone

I am new to this forum. I am a fan of this site for all the information it provides. Helps people like me.
    I love my Blackberry....

Recently got my Z10 and love it. Even though it needs some improvements and I hope that they will come soon. I have always appreciated the constant updates Blackberry has provided in the past. I am hoping that continues and there will be improvements.

Now the main point of my thread...I have been experiencing problems with the Voice control. When I press the button the screen comes up but I cannot hear anything. So it forces me to look at my phone. I do not know if anyone else has experienced this and is it just a bug that an update will fix. I have been trying to look for an answer and did not find any. Also, how do I cancel my last command and change it to something else without exiting completely?

I love my Blackberry Traffic and the alternate routes etc.. as options. The maps are basic and do not even give options to look for alternate routes...would this change?

I hope to get some feedback. Thanks in advance
    02-20-13 03:42 PM
    Now the main point of my thread...I have been experiencing problems with the Voice control. When I press the button the screen comes up but I cannot hear anything. So it forces me to look at my phone. I do not know if anyone else has experienced this and is it just a bug that an update will fix. I have been trying to look for an answer and did not find any. Also, how do I cancel my last command and change it to something else without exiting completely?
    It's your volume. Just make sure your volume is turned up when you launch the voice app.
    anthonydsouza likes this.
    02-20-13 03:54 PM
    Hello Everyone

I am new to this forum. I am a fan of this site for all the information it provides. Helps people like me.
    I love my Blackberry....

Recently got my Z10 and love it. Even though it needs some improvements and I hope that they will come soon. I have always appreciated the constant updates Blackberry has provided in the past. I am hoping that continues and there will be improvements.

I love my Blackberry Traffic and the alternate routes etc.. as options. The maps are basic and do not even give options to look for alternate routes...would this change?

I hope to get some feedback. Thanks in advance
    If you cancel a voice command by saying cancel it closes voice control. It really doesn't take any longer to reopen it than it would for a command saying "start fresh voice command", if that were a feature. It is instantaneous and I think the idea of reopening it seems time consuming and cumbersome from experience with previous OSs, but really it is instant. Swipe up, it closes without an active frame, hold down voice control key. It happens instantly.
    02-20-13 04:45 PM
    Yes, the BlackBerry Maps will change with future updates. Many more improvements on the way.

When you press the period button or mute button to bring up voice control, you will not hear anything. Just talk and wait for an audible response. Not sure how to cancel mistakes yet?

Posted via CB10
    anthonydsouza likes this.
    02-20-13 04:47 PM
    i experienced this today where I was in phone calls only profile and when I got out of it, the phone still remained silent (except camera). I had to open up music and play a song before any sound was coming through again. volume was on medium.
    02-20-13 06:07 PM
    Made sure the volume was up and I think that may have been a problem. There seems to be a lag though. Don't know if anyone else notices a lag too.
    Around the same time while using the phone the screen rotated to landscape and then froze. I had to shut it off. The it did not start...tried many times and it did not start. I had to remove the battery and then it did.
    02-20-13 06:51 PM
    Does anyone know how to use dictation and start the sentence with a capital letter?
    02-20-13 06:52 PM