No, currently there are no release dates for the first BB10 phones. Most of us assume it'll appear sometime around october. Whether it's on a specific carrier, or on all carriers at once remains to be seen.
    06-06-12 11:12 AM
    Sorry, this may have been answered somewhere else, but do we have any idea when the London is being released? Specifically for Verizon? Thanks.
    I have heard of a mid august launch, then last week of september they will be available.
    06-06-12 06:09 PM
    I tried the galaxy s 2 for about a month last year. At first it was great! Big large beautiful screen, great web browser, and a camera leagues ahead of my 9930. The draw back was the battery died halfway through the day with wimax on. And barely would make a work day with it off. Also if I turned it to its side to type it would sometime hang for a few seconds before it would rotate. Many apps would also hang only after a month. So android in my opinion is still in the beta that they were when they were launched. Buggy, slow, and terrible battery life.

Just my. 02
    I don't know how Sprints version was, but ah....you know, I think the SGS2 overall sold the most last year, so I think millions disagree with this statement.

I think Android takes a while to get use to you as you do it. I had it on ATT, so 3G was fine...Wiimax is going away so who cares, but it was blazes faster than any BB phone I've used.
    06-06-12 07:36 PM
    Just because something that gets hyped sells millions doesn't mean everyone is happy with it. If all of those upgrade in what, 2 years, then you have a point.
    06-06-12 07:41 PM
    Just pre-ordered the Samsung Galaxy S3 from AT&T on June 6th. Giving the Android OS a try. Still have a 9900 and a PB. Apple's lawsuit may delay its release. Also still have my 9810 in the mean time.
    06-08-12 09:04 PM
    After years of going back to Blackberry, I got a Samsung Galaxy Nexus the second week of May to replace my 9th Blackberry Torch. I loved BB, but their last couple releases have been very poor in quality. I'm loving the Galaxy Nexus, but I am waiting anxiously for the release of the new BB10 phone. Android definitely gives you a lot of options as far as apps and what you can do with the phone. However, those options don't really add up to what comes standard in a Blackberry. The Torch was a nice phone, but it just wasn't 100% Blackberry. I felt like it was an interim device to keep the public at peace for the time being while RIM develops the next breakthrough. I'm really hoping that RIM will wow us with the new BB10. (Not only for my sake, but I think for RIM's sake as well, I think this device will either make or break them). As much as this Android phone is nice, it's still not a Blackberry. And I KNOW RIM will come through like when they grabbed a hold of the market with the original Blackberry Curve...
    06-09-12 02:25 AM
    Android OS is laggy, I hate the limitation when you want to change the orientation from landscape to portrait and vise versa.
    06-09-12 05:23 AM
    Having had six berries and while we wait to see how RIM answers with BB10 OS, I decided to try a different OS. The Android ICS OS with the Samsung Touchwiz runs very well from what we have seen of the international version with 1 GB RAM and 1.5 mHz quadcore processor. The US version will have 2GB RAM with 1.4 mHz dualcore Snapdragon S4 processor. The GS3 also has customization in the form of expandable memory, LED indicator, 8MP rear-facing/2MP front-facing camera, 4.8 in SUPERAMOLED screen and noise-cancelling microphones at the earspeaker and the microphone. The browser has all the expected gestures with none of the lag. There are numerous options to totally customize the user experience. I was pretty skeptical about Android as well until I did a little research and tested the HOX. I still have my 9900 and PB so I won't totally be gone from CB nation. Regardless of the OS, it is all personal preference but it is important to keep an open mind and not be a fanboy. After all, CB Kevin is doing an Android rotation.
    06-09-12 08:08 PM
    Honestly you'd have to try it yourself.
    It's cool to ask advice to see whats good & bad about it but in the end your gonna have to try it for yourself & make a decision.

Androids aren't horrible devices. Their fun & all but that wears off after awhile (for me at least).
    I just got bored with it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-13-12 01:06 AM
    I recently stopped using my BlackBerry in favor of the Galaxy S3. Its an awesome phone with a battery that last a full day even with heavy use. But honestly I am stuck and being mocked by family and friends because i am not on blackberry messenger and miss out on the family updates via bbm groups. So the social pressure is on for me to switch back to a blackberry. I cant wait for the bb10 devices, but from my last conversation with RIM guys, they havent even started doing carrier acceptance tests for bb10 so it might be a while. I wish we had bbm for android, i would totally pay for that service. But for now im just hoping bb10 will deliver.

Dikirim dari GT-I9300 mengunakan Tapatalk 2
    06-16-12 09:27 AM
    Check on Android central. There has to be an Android app that will perform the same function as BBM. Fortunately, I still have a work 9900 and my 64GB Playbook.
    06-16-12 03:57 PM
    I recently stopped using my BlackBerry in favor of the Galaxy S3. Its an awesome phone with a battery that last a full day even with heavy use. But honestly I am stuck and being mocked by family and friends because i am not on blackberry messenger and miss out on the family updates via bbm groups. So the social pressure is on for me to switch back to a blackberry. I cant wait for the bb10 devices, but from my last conversation with RIM guys, they havent even started doing carrier acceptance tests for bb10 so it might be a while. I wish we had bbm for android, i would totally pay for that service. But for now im just hoping bb10 will deliver.

Don't think you'll be seeing it on Android soon, but a lot of folks would probably pay for it like you.
    06-16-12 05:58 PM
    Android OS is laggy, I hate the limitation when you want to change the orientation from landscape to portrait and vise versa.
    Between high-end Gingerbread phones and Ice Cream Sandwich in general, Android hasn't been laggy for a while...
    06-16-12 11:32 PM
    Based upon what I have seen, the ICS in conjunction with the TouchWiz UXI overlay by Samsung is blazingly fast with the dualcore 1.5 GHz Snappy S4 processor with 2GB of RAM. I am still very interested in seeing what BB10 has to offer. Just trying to expand my palate a bit.
    06-17-12 08:45 AM
    ive been a fan of android since the 2.1 days. ive gotta say its great and has basically unlimited customization if youre willing to do some tinkering around. now, im ready to take a break from android and i think that in the future it may not be as good as it was with 2.3. call me crazy but i think the reason why it was so good was because it was so nerdy and was fun to play with. the problem is, the customization and OS is demanding more and more from the battery. 2gigs of ram will not help this, really. it will no doubt be fast but after downloading more and more apps and adding more and more customizations, the phone will get slower and the battery more thirsty, eventually. if you keep it clean, then no problem.

I am ready to leave android because i would like to expand my smartphone repertoire and would like to use something ive never used before. Also, as a Canadian, I sort of feel like i have a duty to support an amazing national brand that has done a lot for our native land. not going to get any more patriotic, but i think that BB10 could be sticking its foot in the door at the best time yet and could really gain more traction.

hope this helped. the choice is yours!
    06-21-12 06:33 PM

Just get whatsapp and have them all join, it's like BBM for all
    06-23-12 12:40 PM
    All I can say is watch the session videos

and app will always have lag on android because they are java
    It's possible to use C(++) for apps, and most games do. But yea, my phone lags like crazy. Mostly because it's a cheap piece of junk, the newer ones seem way better.

I have a few issues with my phone though (keep in mind its OS 2.3 and some of them might be fixed):

- I hate texting with it. It has some issues that make it a major pain.
    - A lot of apps are horribly built.
    - The browser sucks. Don't ask.

Just my experience.

Edit: Oops, didn't read the whole thread and find out you already ordered. Hope you enjoy your new phone! For messaging, you can give LiveProfile a try. I have friends on Android, iPhone, and BB who all use it.
    Last edited by MasterOfBinary; 06-23-12 at 09:49 PM.
    06-23-12 09:45 PM
    Well, I've personally always gone back to Blackberry after using an android phone. The niftiness of the Android OS always wore off after a couple months because you have to do rooting just to bring out enhanced features, and while the specs on most newer Androids may be amazing, that still doesn't change the fact that the battery on these devices always sucks, thus making the phone unusable. With Blackberry I could always have a few apps running in the background all day and still not run out of battery, but thats not the case with any android phone I've ever tried. But i hope the galaxy s III turns out well for you! I personally hate touch screen bricks and prefer a keyboard. Also, the ads inside most android apps are extremely irritating. Sometimes they'll randomly take up the whole screen and play audio right when you're in the middle of trying to do something. There is probably something you could do like rooting the phone to stop it, but for people who don't do that its quite annoying.
    06-24-12 02:52 PM
    I was BB for years and now have a GS3. I love it. If BB stepped up their game, I'd be back, but for now I'm all Android. the UI isn't that hard to get used to. Any experienced phone user would be up to snuff in a few days of using it. And yes the battery does need to be charged every day, but you're also doing a TON more than a BB does.
    09-04-12 12:05 AM
    I have an SG3 and I find even with all that power it is still not even as fluid as my Bold 9900 - There is definite lag going into things like email, contact lists etc. Even a simple task of returning to the home screen you can see the jerkiness of the weather widget unless you restart the phone every day. I thought it might have been one of my apps causing this so I wiped the phone clean but it still lags unless you reboot the phone. Apps like Groupon are extremely jerky compared to even my iPhone 4s which is silky smooth. I know my Bold starts to lag too if I don't restart it on a regular basis but hey it's a year old phone now so I can cut it some slack. I think the iphone is still the most fluid O/S despite it being dated.
    10-17-12 01:50 AM
    To me the 1750mA battery is a turn off. The official expected up time is 7-8 hours and thats the non LTE version.
    10-19-12 01:22 AM
    To me the 1750mA battery is a turn off. The official expected up time is 7-8 hours and thats the non LTE version.
    are you speaking of the new BB10 device? or the S3? cause neither of your assumptions are correct..

BB10 is built on QNX which is a very power efficient OS..it utlizes it's cores to maximize battery power... so it'll last a day on LTE np..

the S3 has 2100mA battery it has trouble lasting a day for me on LOWEST screen brightness, and a custom rom
    10-19-12 12:41 PM
    Late to the party again but being a relative newbie I think I can be excused.

There are many things that keep me in the BB camp but one of the most important is reliability. As with all tech I've had the occasional hiccup along the way but nothing to disuade me from the brand. This applies equally as much to software as hardware, although OS6 had me doubting for a couple of months.

Owing to "grass greener" syndrome I went Android for 3 or 4 weeks with a Nexus S and regretted the decision almost immediately. To be honest I didn't give the phone a decent chance in terms of usage because I had a whole litany of issues. The worst being spontaneous shut downs, severe over heating and extreme battery drain. I thought I'd exchange the phone but after nosing around the Web over a couple of weeks I discovered I was by far not the only one with the same issues, in fact, it was shocking to see how many were complaining on forum after forum after forum. The phone was retired and I went back to my 9700. As tedious as the issues with OS6 were/are, at least the phone was completely usable only requiring some maintenance every now and then.

That's not to say that Android hasn't got it's act together by now, but OS7.1 has served me very well and my 9790 & 9900 have both been very reliable with the exception of a corrupt MP3 file on my 9790 causing it to do some pretty weird things for a couple of days until it was discovered and deleted (was a self rip not a download, so how it was corrupted I'll never know). Besides, once bitten, twice shy.
    10-20-12 09:14 AM
    If you want a product that will be great for the first few months, then get slow as fhuck from all the 3rd party BS that you'll download (malware, adware, etc) then go ahead and get an Android device. As a BB user, I would think that the "hourglass of death" would be something you weren't interested in anymore.....so why buy a product that will be giving you the same thing once again?

Also, I don't understand why they've decided to push the whole NFC thing on the commercials.....there's hardly any use for it as it stands today, meaning, it's not very practical or usable yet.

Don't forget that Android is THE SLOWEST OS at pushing updates. The majority of Android devices aren't even on the 2 most current OS versions. You're just a number to Android, remember that. You won't be treated the same way with RIM.
    10-22-12 12:06 PM
    If you have the money I recommend just just buying one to see if you like it or not eh. I did, I bought a note out right, which cost me over $700. It's no blackberry, unfortunately I don't see the hype of it eh. What makes android so good?? I'm sooo confused eh.
    10-25-12 11:32 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD