I've got a new problem that has cropped up earlier today and bugging me all evening.

Have been two-way syncing via USB cable for a while now, and was working well with no prior issues. This evening, whilst it was syncing contacts and calendar, it reported that:

"Sync was unsuccessful" - with a yellow Asterisk in the BB Link tab for the Z10 appeared for the first time.

I discovered that if you click on the message, a dialogue window pops up with the actual error / problem and it described it thus:

"The following recurring event could not be synced:

17/9/2013 - xxxxx - xxxxxxx

Remove the event and sync again"

and you get a "clear all" and "close" button at the bottom.

I checked Outlook on my PC, and there was nothing on the calendar for this day at all. I then checked the calendar on the Z10, and sure enough there was an old calendar entry (exactly as the error message described it as being), on this date. I figured all that was needed was for me to manually delete this calendar entry from my handset (which I did), and attempt the sync again?

Sadly not. Despite there being no sign of any event at all now, on either PC or handset calendar, this same error pops up everytime I attempt a sync and it now won't allow any calendar changes to be amended on the handset as a result. I've now rebooted both BB Link software and the handset, hoping that this might clear something - but it made no difference at all and the error continues to report at every attempted sync.

Am I missing something really fundamental here? At the moment, I can't amend/sync my calendar at all until whatever is causing the BB Link error window to pop has been cleared.... Any guidance is very much appreciated.
    09-25-13 08:22 PM
    There's an app called PIM Backup and Restore found on BlackBerry World. You can use it to "backup" your calendar on your Z10. It actually will export it into a yourcalendarname.ics file. You can then use Outlook to import the file to Outlook.

-aBBuser
    09-25-13 09:02 PM
    if you use outlook 365 and 2010 Office. MS is urging everyone to make sure service pack 2 for office is installed.
    09-25-13 09:05 PM
    if you use outlook 365 and 2010 Office. MS is urging everyone to make sure service pack 2 for office is installed.
    Thanks, but I'm using Outlook 2007 on a PC, connected to the Z10 via USB cable. All o/s and software are completely uptodate from MS.
    09-26-13 10:13 AM
    There's an app called PIM Backup and Restore found on BlackBerry World. You can use it to "backup" your calendar on your Z10. It actually will export it into a yourcalendarname.ics file. You can then use Outlook to import the file to Outlook.

-aBBuser
    Thanks for the suggestion - but this isn't quite what I'm after doing. The Outlook calendar is the master calendar, but your suggestion did prompt me into an idea that I thought would cure it. I remembered that prior to the most recent edition of BB Link coming out, you needed to "CLEAR LOCAL CALENDAR" (and contacts) before re-syncing the calendar, otherwise it would simply re-write the new data, and you'd have two (or more) sets of data on different days as things changed.

I've just tried clearing the local calendar on the device, but herein appears to lie the problem, as it won't clear. There are no messages on the handset indicating that it hasn't occurred, but even after I leave it for 20 minutes to clear the calendar after I've executed the command - all of the calendar items are still very much there!

If I can get the handset calendar blank, all I need to do is re-sync with Outlook and all will be restored as I want it to be - any ideas how I can clear out the calendar when it's not responding to the command to do it?

Many thanks...
    09-26-13 10:50 AM
    Ok, I've now worked out that it's not quite that simple!

Having looked in the "MANAGE" element of the calendar app, have discovered that there are in fact three calendars potentially running within in. LOCAL / FACEBOOK and BB LINK (which is the calendar I want and is the data that I sync with the PC).

Therefore, clearing LOCAL CALENDAR actually did clear the local calendar, but I could still see all of the BB LINK calendar entries that have previously been sync'd with my PC and there must be an issue with one of the items (even though the one being reported as the problem has been deleted on both handset and PC!) and I can't work out what to do next?
    09-26-13 10:59 AM
    I've got outlook 2007 and 2013 so I'm curious what solutions this thread finds.

If you're trying to remove all calendar entries on the handset, have you tried going into account settings and deleting the Facebook Calendar sync, and BBlink account.. I believe that's where they are coming from.

-aBBuser
    09-26-13 11:31 AM
    I've got outlook 2007 and 2013 so I'm curious what solutions this thread finds.

If you're trying to remove all calendar entries on the handset, have you tried going into account settings and deleting the Facebook Calendar sync, and BBlink account.. I believe that's where they are coming from.

-aBBuser
    Thanks - that's exactly what I did next, so that now Facebook doesn't even show as an option in the MANAGE section of the calendar app. I've also deleted the BBLINK from the ACCOUNTS part of SETTINGS. This removed the BBLINK calendar as an option also from the MANAGE part of the calendar app.

Reconnected the handset to the PC via USB, and it spent quite a long time "preparing" the handset prior to syncing etc... Ended up in exactly the same place yet again, with exactly the same error message showing after the sync failed.

What on earth is going wrong???? I can't see that there's anything else I can in addition to deleting the actual BBLINK account and setting it up again from scratch?

Any help - MASSIVELY appreciated.
    09-26-13 02:29 PM
    Ok, this time I completely removed my handset from BB Link and rebooted the entire computer.

Again, I deleted the BB Link account from the handset and completely shut down the handset. Rebooted them both, and spent 45 minutes "re-introducing" the handset to my PC and BB Link and going through the association and setup sequence. You'd think that that would have cleared whatever the problem is?

Wrong. After a very long sync'ing session - yet again, the same problem cropped up once again! Same curious outlook entry is being reported as causing a problem, and the software wants it deleted and then to re-sync. What next?

It seems like the only cure, is to essentially do a factory reset of the handset via the BB Link software just to fix this calendar glitch? Surely not.... Oh, but of course it is a BlackBerry - I forgot...

Is there a file I can delete from within File Manager on the handset to delete the calendar or something like that to avoid going the whole-hog of a factory reset of the handset?
    09-26-13 04:19 PM
    Have you tried updating link to the most current version? Or try the sync on another computer to determine if the issue is your handset or the computer.

-aBBuser
    09-26-13 05:17 PM
    Have you tried updating link to the most current version? Or try the sync on another computer to determine if the issue is your handset or the computer.

-aBBuser
    It is defo the most recent version of BB Link.... however, have eventually managed to find a fix (of sorts).

In the end, I simply opened up the entire series of calendar sessions (of which the glitchy / error one related) within Outlook on the PC, and deleted the entire lot as a series. Tried a re-sync, and it appears to have worked. I'll keep an eye on it, but as far as I can tell, it is sync'ing again properly - I do not know, and cannot even begin to wonder what it was about the series that it didn't like - but there you go.
    09-26-13 07:24 PM
    Glad to hear you finally got it sorted out. It is frustrating when a seemingly small glitch just can't seem to be fixed.

I had that happen to me last winter when my daughter's BlackBerry couldn't get thru a backup - always getting hung up on "Social Feeds". Finally got it to work but god the time wasted scratching my head and reading online posts...

I'm also using Link & MS Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 and I have to say since the new version of Link came down a few weeks ago, it is finally running smoothly.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 07:55 PM
    Glad to hear you finally got it sorted out. It is frustrating when a seemingly small glitch just can't seem to be fixed.

I had that happen to me last winter when my daughter's BlackBerry couldn't get thru a backup - always getting hung up on "Social Feeds". Finally got it to work but god the time wasted scratching my head and reading online posts...

I'm also using Link & MS Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 and I have to say since the new version of Link came down a few weeks ago, it is finally running smoothly.

Posted via CB10
    I thought that I was going to have to take the handset back to factory default settings to cure it!

The newer version of BB Link is better - yes, running smoothly - no!

Compared to the old Desktop Manager that we used to use with BB 6 and 7 devices, it is a rather amateurish piece of software, and they would have been far better updating DM to accommodate BB10 instead of this rushed tat that we're forced to use - it can't even handle upgrading from a BB7 phone to BB10! Don't even get me started on the loss of function between BB10 and the Playbook - what a complete foul up. No wonder they're in such financial difficulty at the moment...

For an O/S that was over a year late in actually getting to market with the new devices - BB10 really isn't anywhere near as good as it should be.....
    09-26-13 09:52 PM
    I agree. Link has potential. As a "pro-sumer" I could care less about pictures, music, documents, and video features being featured a real Pro-sumer and BlackBerry user would actually demand ability to organize and import/export calendar, contacts, reminders, emails, messages, etc. Over simple things like backing up my pictures and music. That stuff is on the micro SDcard and very easy to copy to a computer to backup...but contacts and calendar...cross your fingers and celebrate if it even syncs to Microsoft outlook.. woo-hoo.
    I'm glad you sorted out your issues.

-aBBuser
    09-27-13 12:53 AM
    A real Pro-sumer and BlackBerry user would actually demand ability to organize and import/export calendar, contacts, reminders, emails, messages, etc.
    -aBBuser
    Too damn right. I think BB have completely forgotten who their core userbase is, or was - they started to grab "da yoof" attention with BBM being completely free across their BIS network, so could, if they had got the rest of their hardware offering spot on - easily have grabbed a massive march on Apple and Samsung who couldn't have competed with WhatsApp alone. Sadly they didn't, and they can't even rely on their former corporate base anymore either...

Still aggravated that I lost a good 4-6 hours of pissing around with this glitch - but hopefully, it will assist someone else in the future!
    09-27-13 09:34 AM
    Fire Chest Backup. It's free. Problem solved
    10-02-13 10:08 AM