I have a STL 100-1 Z10 Running 10.2.1.537 OS.
    I tried to backup my phone using BB Link on both mac and pc, but BB Link just wont back up.
    On mac, there were no progressing bar or anything just shown that the backup was completed, but when I try to restore, there is no backup file whatsover. On PC, when I clicked backup, it didnt do anything. Both running latest BB Link.
    Any help is great apprecited! Thanks.
    02-15-14 09:03 PM
    Is the wifi on your device on? If so, turn it off.
    02-15-14 09:16 PM
    Wi-fi was off, I even switched to Airplane mode.
    I need back up before I upgrade to 2141, this is so frustrating!
    02-15-14 09:24 PM
    have you tried newer versions of link? they seem to be more reliable
    also, have you tried reboot both your device and your computers? that fixed it for me many times
    02-15-14 09:26 PM
    have you tried newer versions of link? they seem to be more reliable
    also, have you tried reboot both your device and your computers? that fixed it for me many times
    I have the latest version of Link, I even reinstalled BB Link, still no luck.
    02-15-14 09:54 PM
    Try a shorter USB cable.. Sometimes charging USB cables lack proper connections. Even if you can charge the phone. Try a different USB socket and never go from an external hub.

akawarrior..
    02-15-14 11:24 PM
    Nobody had the problem before?
    02-16-14 10:47 PM
    I had encountered this last week on my mac too. You have to get it just right in order for it to work. It took me several attempts too.

If you do a search for it on here you will see the answers when I asked the question as I do not remember the exact sequence in which I had to do things. I believe the heading was something with back up link too

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 11:02 PM
    Here's an answer: BlackBerry Link is inconsistent and a complete garbage. You'd think with all the updates that's come out BlackBerry would have patched up all the bs with this software but apparently not. Link's still the piece of s*** it was since day 1

Posted via CB10
    RRM21 likes this.
    02-16-14 11:19 PM
    i have similar problem, i did a backup on my macbook yesterday and now and a factory reset, I am trying to restore from backup and the link is not highlighted
    02-19-14 03:04 PM
    i have similar problem, i did a backup on my macbook yesterday and now and a factory reset, I am trying to restore from backup and the link is not highlighted
    Had the same, and more probs > solved by resetting the device and starting from scratch with the new OS. Beware: it seems u need a windows pc to do this.
    02-19-14 03:08 PM
    I jumped the gun. I just rebooted blackberry link and it worked. In the process of restoring from backup now

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    02-19-14 03:09 PM
    I jumped the gun. I just rebooted blackberry link and it worked. In the process of restoring from backup now

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    Nice! Hard to do it, but it works.
    02-19-14 03:12 PM
    could you please tell me what exactly did you do?
    I am facing the same issue i cannot restore my backup on my z10 using blackberry link
    my phone restarts when the restore is at 0% and BB Link sayas device detached restore not complete.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    08-15-14 02:29 PM
    ^^what the guy above me said^^

I tried going from 10.3.296 to 10.3.1154. Backed up on a previous version of link (which I can neither remember nor find) after updating to .1154 my app data won't load. Which sucks because I had a free copy of Fire Chest Backup (which I also backed up) that I can't access! Been fighting this since sunday (Tues) and I'm not winning will try reinstalling OS, finding and downgrading link, and other things as I can find the time. So although what I'm starting to find is @coldfir3 was kinda right. A lot of people have problems with link, and the resolution is often as unique as the issue?
    10-07-14 05:30 PM
    I am in the same boat. Today I did backup in BlackBerry Link it said complete so I did security wipe only to find out it didn't backup when I want to restore. This type of things remind me with my windows computer when I shift to Mac and never look back to windows. It was an expensive buy but for 5 years owning my laptop it never fail me, not a single crash even though some people have problems with theirs. I like BlackBerry but it seems like I have always a never problem with my q10(a year old) then my z10(few months old). It can get very frustrating as I just want something to work. I don't even experiment with my phone or install a lot of apps. I just have Skype.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 12:48 AM