Just upgraded my BB link and amazingly BB is listening to us.

If you open settings, there is now a 1-way sync option for contacts and calendar. at the bottom, it's saying a 2-way sync is coming very soon via USB.

It's a start, and shows they are listening to us.
    03-19-13 08:07 AM
    they should listen more and work faster...

i'm so disappointed... i was so happy when i saw the update available.. then i realised.. i can't transfer contacts from my z10 to outlook or to any other phone or service.

i guess i'll have to wait...

i love bb.. but this is getting silly.
    Bartleby001 likes this.
    03-19-13 08:25 AM
    they should listen more and work faster...

i'm so disappointed... i was so happy when i saw the update available.. then i realised.. i can't transfer contacts from my z10 to outlook or to any other phone or service.

i guess i'll have to wait...

i love bb.. but this is getting silly.
    What's getting silly?? They are clearly working on it, give it time!

Posted from my Z10. via CB10
    03-19-13 08:28 AM
    The reason why they are not doing two way sync right now is for the business side security.

I think they need to figure it out first before releasing it to the public realm.

Batberry Z10
    03-19-13 08:34 AM
    Hopefully Soon as im missing half my contacts from the switchover
    03-19-13 08:40 AM
    getting silly is the..

1. releasing a phone that cannot transfer contacts properly. i've tried nfc, email, bluetooth, active sync, and all sorts of hacks.. everything short of transferring to sim card and trying to re-import again...(different phones different sim card sizes + copying to sim cuts off all my customers extra details.. addresses, order preferences, any history with my company etc.)

2. releasing a "fix" that only imports addresses... again... this is silly because there are many other ways i found online that can import contacts externally into the z10..but never out... all attempts seemed to fail.. and at best i got a single contact at once.. i have about 2,000 important customers i need on my other devices...

i guess i'm in a pickle now.. because. i've only trusted my bold 9900 with work contacts.. before that it was the 9790, 9780, torches and 9000...

i always consolidate and keep my contacts up to date.. and backup with desktop manager and blackberry protect...

in all fairness.. the backup was flawless...did via micro sd card.. and copied over when i put it in the z10...

i could go on about this.. but really. hoping for the next update soon!!!

in the meantime.. i refer to my z10 phonebook whenever my other business lines get a call.. frantic at times.. but i'll survive..

anyways... i'm sure i'm not the only one affected by this problem..

just sharing my experience with contacts on the z10 so far.

cheerios.
    Bartleby001 likes this.
    03-19-13 08:42 AM
    The wait is over. Two-way USB sync of BB10 Contacts, Calendar, and Remember apps with Microsoft Outlook is here. Our indie team has put together a small PC application that syncs with Z10 and PlayBook. Hopefully, it also works with the upcoming Q10 as well.

Check it out:
    www.bb10toutlooksync.com
    04-22-13 02:48 PM
    Its work!!! someone can confirme this work?
    Last edited by blue. shark; 04-22-13 at 04:23 PM.
    04-22-13 03:06 PM
    Anyone hard of that BB10outlook sync before? Their website says it does exactly what everyone is been dying for. I think the correct link is no www fyi. I saw them posting that link over at the main BB site a few minutes ago.
    04-22-13 03:09 PM
    They are referencing some sort of a tie in with companion link. How would a person test this to make sure it's not a scam to steal all your contacts?
    04-22-13 03:12 PM
    I found this press release on them, obviously it's self promotion. I want to try it so bad, but I do want to be the guy who found out it was all a scam.

Their mission statement:

About Our Mission: Restore PC Outlook Sync on BB10

We want to restore Outlook USB Sync functionality that shipped with classic BlackBerry devices. Many people don't use Exchange or Cloud services to manage their busienss agenda and client list. We want to deliver two-way USB synchronization of Outlook contacts, calendars, tasks, and notes to BB10 native apps.

Makes me want to wet myself......someone has to know something about these guys.
    04-22-13 03:39 PM
    In OS6 you could sync calendar & contacts for free using Onemediahub. I used it suucessfully to keep my Blackberry, desktop & laptop synced.
    Today I requested an Android compatible converted app from Goodreader.com and they got back to me right away.
    Here is the link for the side loaded app:
    OneMediaHub for Blackberry 10 - New Apps – Playbook and BB10 | Android APP Store - Blackberry Playbook & Z10 and Q10 Apps
    04-22-13 05:31 PM
    Onemediahub, that is cloud based what most of us are trying to avoid.
    04-22-13 08:37 PM
    For those of you dying to sync their contacts and calendar, I have tried the indie solution and it does work. Sync BlackBerry with Outlook

Took me a while to figure it all out though - installation steps where easy and quick. Reboot both the device and your PC and connect the Z10 with USB to the PC. Tap on your Z10 the app and start syncing. Halfway through you think it has all stopped, don't panic, just disconnect the cable and the action will be completed.

Problems with contact duplicates appear when you have sim contacts and outlook contacts more than once. Keep outlook and you'll be fine. Calendar entries all synced seamlessly.

The app cost $24.95 but there is the two week trial. For my part, unless BB gets this done natively quick, I'll pony up.
    04-23-13 03:32 AM
    For those of you dying to sync their contacts and calendar, I have tried the indie solution and it does work. Sync BlackBerry with Outlook

Took me a while to figure it all out though - installation steps where easy and quick. Reboot both the device and your PC and connect the Z10 with USB to the PC. Tap on your Z10 the app and start syncing. Halfway through you think it has all stopped, don't panic, just disconnect the cable and the action will be completed.

Problems with contact duplicates appear when you have sim contacts and outlook contacts more than once. Keep outlook and you'll be fine. Calendar entries all synced seamlessly.

The app cost $24.95 but there is the two week trial. For my part, unless BB gets this done natively quick, I'll pony up.
    No offense but I'd like to see someone with more than a 1 post count opinion on the software. Anyone else tried it? I guess I may have to be a test subject /shutter.
    04-23-13 10:08 AM