I may be dreaming, but is there a way to set up the Hub so that it defaults back to the Inbox when not in use (or hasn't been used in some time)??

For example, if you open an email and read it, it will remain open until it's closed or you navigate back to the inbox. So if you're on your phone and get a alert about a new message, and try to use the Peek gesture to see what it is / who it's from, you will instead see the email / text / BBM / whatever that was left open the last time you went into the hub.

If you had been looking at an attachment that was sent with an email, for example, and you have your email set up to display in "conversation" style, you might have to go back several times to get to the inbox to see what the new message is.

I realize there is a "shortcut" in that you can press and hold the back button, and then drag it to the right and the hub inbox appears. However, that is still not perfect because you still won't immediately see the new message. If an attachment was open, you'd see the attachment, or the email, or whatever. Then, when you do the holding and dragging of the back button you do get back to the hub, but only to wherever in your inbox the message you were looking at happens to be (not at the top).

If you're using the hub for calls / emails / texts / BBM / LinkedIn and whatever else you have connected to it, it's very unlikely that you will see the new message.

It's even worse if you had been last using the search feature in your email, as then the back doesn't even work. You have to go into the search screen, cancel it, and then continue going back to the inbox.

Unless I'm missing something, this is a big issue (at least to me) as it pretty much defeats the whole point of the "peek" gesture (which is an awesome idea in theory) as it only works if you left your hub in the inbox state (which is rarely, at least for me).
    03-07-13 10:50 AM
    This is the only issue I have with the z10. Hopefully this is resolved in a software update.
    03-21-13 10:52 PM
    Wow, exactly what I had on my wish list.
    What I want is for Hub to stay on the same page when I switch elsewhere. I mean, you can always move the page back, but sometimes to get to a page takes upward of 4 steps...
    BTW, while they are at it, maybe they
    can update the APIs as well to give apps a similar functionality...

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 11:26 PM