Most annoying thing If your media volume isn't completely off and you mistakenly unplug the headphone jack it plays music outloud. Also, if your media volume isn't off, again your apps will make sound. This happens when notifications are Silent. Like, other phones there should be the option to completely silent the phone. This is ridiculous, the fact the stupid camera makes a sound, makes it worse.

I love the HUB by all means but somethings really need to be re-evaluated by BB.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 07:57 PM
    Why would the sound notifications being off affect the the volume of the Z10 as media player, particulary when it gets unplugged from headphones and the volume is up? If a media player is playing and the headphones are unplugged on any media device, the media will be heard on the speakers.

Why would you want phone which can't even be heard on a call or as player on silent mode? Silent on affects notifications..
    cjcampbell likes this.
    05-02-13 08:04 PM
    The point of putting the phone on silent is so that you don't disturb others or if you don't wanna be disturbed. So, if I am in the library, I would obviously put my phone on silent so I don't disturb others and there should be an option just like every other platform to completely silent? Like com'on, it's a basic feature. It's not rocket science.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 08:10 PM
    Why would the sound notifications being off affect the the volume of the Z10 as media player, particulary when it gets unplugged from headphones and the volume is up? If a media player is playing and the headphones are unplugged on any media device, the media will be heard on the speakers.

Why would you want phone which can't even be heard on a call or as player on silent mode? Silent on affects notifications..
    Go try an android/iPhone on silent and playing music and when the headphones are unplugged, it STOPS playing music!

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 08:12 PM
    Sounds like a good option, but I think the default is, or has been, that when a person unplugs headphones from a media player, that person wants to listen directly from the device. Those are the people that likely would complain why the device stops the music, when unplugged from the headphones.

I dunno. Different strokes for different strokes. Might try submitting a request to add such feature to BB,
    05-02-13 08:16 PM
    I know when I unplug my headphones it stops playing

Posted via CB10
    pttptppt and Mjackson38 like this.
    05-02-13 08:18 PM
    I know when I unplug my headphones it stops playing

Posted via CB10
    Are you sure? Like is your media volume up?

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 08:24 PM
    Every phone and ipod I've used automatically pauses the song that's playing if you unplug the headphones while it's playing, including my z10. Not sure why yours doesnt

Posted with my z10, God of phones
    05-02-13 08:31 PM
    My Z10 also pauses the music if I unplug headphones or external speakers. Every phone I've had worked the same way.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 09:02 PM
    Another point to consider are you on the leaked OS. Some of my functionalities got screwed up when I used the leaked OS. I'm on 1627 btw. For instance my audio navigation has decided to make itself scarce. And even when my phone is on silent and I've got media volume all the way down, certain notifications still sound like the one when BlackBerry protect goes off.

For now I'm attributing them to the leaked OS.
    05-02-13 09:12 PM
    Are you sure? Like is your media volume up?

Posted via CB10
    Yes I'm sure every day after I'm done at the gym i pull the headphones out in the change room and the music stops

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 08:49 AM
    Go try an android/iPhone on silent and playing music and when the headphones are unplugged, it STOPS playing music!

Posted via CB10
    You know you don't have to unmute the phone to play music again though right?

Silence, silences notifications like it should. Your media etc doesn't because, well, why would you go into your music/video/etc player when your phone is on silent expecting it to be silent?

Sent from Amber via CB10.
    05-03-13 12:26 PM
    Haha. It's called putting notifications on silent and turning down your volume. I know it sounds difficult.
    05-03-13 12:42 PM