Has anyone that uses this featured noticed that the voice part of it does not always work and is very inconsistent? The only way I can get it to work for awhile is by doing a hard reset, but if I don't use it for awhile and then go back to it the voice never seems to work. I get my answers but without voice

Thanks
    07-15-15 11:33 AM
    It's still a work in progress.... (very little progress over the last year).
    07-15-15 11:38 AM
    Thanks!
    Have had 100% accuracy when asking a question or asking anything so it seems like the overall functionality is there. If only I could get the voice to work ALL of the time is be pretty happy

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 11:49 AM
    Thanks!
    Have had 100% accuracy when asking a question or asking anything so it seems like the overall functionality is there. If only I could get the voice to work ALL of the time is be pretty happy

Posted via CB10
    I'm glad someone else noticed this. Mine will not respond by voice ever. And yes it is about 100% accurate with written responses and tasks. Also full voice assistance is turned on in settings. Hard reset makes no difference

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    07-17-15 04:58 AM
    Ok, so after finally deciding to do a complete reinstall without wiping etc, I have not gotten the voice to work again at all. To me still a work in progress as stated by another member on here just isn't going to cut it for me. I can see if it was inconsistent or the sending of a text or email did not work, or certain commands would be spotty, but to have the voice portion of an assistance NOT work at all is just plain inexcusable and unacceptable to me, weather or not it's seen very little progress in the last year.

I know someone else has to be encountering this as well. There is not just two of us. I am running Verizon's latest release
    07-17-15 05:27 AM
    In my opinion this voice thingy is just a joke. There are plenty apps for this kind of operations and BlackBerry 10 Os phones are blazing fast. In my opinion BlackBerry should remove this garbage.

Z10 10.3.2.2339
    Last edited by Paul94; 07-17-15 at 07:01 AM.
    07-17-15 05:35 AM
    I personally find something as this to be very practical and there are more of these voice assistants popping up all over. Facebook is now working on one as its been in he headlines the past few days. This is part of the future of communications! While this may not be the thing for you and even considered "garbage" don't speak on everyone else's behalf just because you choose not to use it. Many do use it
    07-17-15 06:02 AM
    My BlackBerry Assistant 's voice did not work until I went into its settings, changed from English US to English UK, closed app, then went back in and changed back to English US. Works fine ever since, very accurate.

MDZ
    07-17-15 08:08 AM
    Oh, I'm on Z10STL100-4/10.3.2.858

MDZ
    07-17-15 08:09 AM
    The general setting or setting within the app itself?

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 08:14 AM
    The voice assistant works the majority of the time for me. What types of questions are not working for you?

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 08:20 AM
    I am getting results when I ask anything and it's very accurate but I'm not getting any kind of voice response to go along with it. My questions are displayed accordingly without voice

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 09:15 AM
    Setting within the assistant.... both for Language and to turn Voice Responses on and off.

Trychanging these, exit the app and then change them back to what you want. But the voice interaction is pretty basic.

We went on a car trip over the 4th.... on the way back everyone was bored and I had my wife check Siri for a restaurant up ahead. We then spent an hour with the kids "playing" with Siri, you get a couple of four year old laughing and you'll end up laugh too. Seems like "what does a fox say" is something she knows a bunch of different answers for... among other kid like questions.
    07-17-15 11:29 AM
    Setting within the assistant.... both for Language and to turn Voice Responses on and off.

Trychanging these, exit the app and then change them back to what you want. But the voice interaction is pretty basic.

We went on a car trip over the 4th.... on the way back everyone was bored and I had my wife check Siri for a restaurant up ahead. We then spent an hour with the kids "playing" with Siri, you get a couple of four year old laughing and you'll end up laugh too. Seems like "what does a fox say" is something she knows a bunch of different answers for... among other kid like questions.
    That didn't work for me. Still no voice reply from the assistant. I can type in a request or speak it and the result will come up in writing and accurate, but it will not speak to me. Nothing wrong with my phone speakers.

07-17-15 12:57 PM
    That didn't work for me. Still no voice reply from the assistant. I can type in a request or speak it and the result will come up in writing and accurate, but it will not speak to me. Nothing wrong with my phone speakers.

I'm on 10.3.2.2339, did a clean install.... changed the settings and mine started working.

If you really need it, I'd suggest installing the Leak Verizon version of 10.3.2.2339.
    07-17-15 01:28 PM
    I'm on 10.3.2.2339, did a clean install.... changed the settings and mine started working.

If you really need it, I'd suggest installing the Leak Verizon version of 10.3.2.2339.
    My signature is wrong. I have updated to the latest Verizon official 10.3.2.858. Just haven't changed my signature in here yet sorry.

07-17-15 02:06 PM
    My signature is wrong. I have updated to the latest Verizon official 10.3.2.858. Just haven't changed my signature in here yet sorry.

There is an unofficial Verizon version of 10.3.2.2339... if installing a Leak is something you want or are allowed (corporate device?) to do.
    I haven't seen too many issues with the Assistant since the Verizon Update was release a few weeks ago... so manybe its a random bug. Or it cold be there aren't that many people that bother using the Assistant.

You could also try a security wipe or a Factory Reset using LINK, if it's that important too you. Just backup first and then test the Assistant before you do a restore.
    07-17-15 02:22 PM
    There is an unofficial Verizon version of 10.3.2.2339... if installing a Leak is something you want or are allowed (corporate device?) to do.
    I haven't seen too many issues with the Assistant since the Verizon Update was release a few weeks ago... so manybe its a random bug. Or it cold be there aren't that many people that bother using the Assistant.

You could also try a security wipe or a Factory Reset using LINK, if it's that important too you. Just backup first and then test the Assistant before you do a restore.
    Nah. I'm not going to go through all that. I can get along just fine looking at the screen to get my answers instead of listening. It's not a big deal. Just reporting the issue.

07-17-15 04:38 PM
    My audible reply was not working either. I believe the phone and the new OS needed to just settle in. It just started working for me yesterday. This was one week plus since the OS update.
    07-18-15 10:29 AM
    My BlackBerry Assistant 's voice did not work until I went into its settings, changed from English US to English UK, closed app, then went back in and changed back to English US. Works fine ever since, very accurate.

MDZ
    I did that as well and it worked for a while. Last night when I needed it, it quit working again.
    07-18-15 10:39 AM
    Sounds to me as if it could be a bug maybe limited to those on Verizon? So far, everything just seems like a quick temporary fix with nothing that eliminates the problem entirely.

It's kind of too bad as its taken everything I've thrown at it with the exception of voice. I find this to be extremely helpful as if when I'm driving and if I receive an emergency email or text I have to reply to and in no position to pull off in a parking lot or off to the side to reply.

A lot don't require or have any use for apps like this but lately they have been all over the news and all of the platforms are kind of competing to have the best one.

Even Amazon has a device that will play songs at requests and utilize a lot of voice activated command, so it seems as if it's heading in this direction. I feel that in time this could be a good one bit only if working properly

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 12:11 PM
    Sounds to me as if it could be a bug maybe limited to those on Verizon? So far, everything just seems like a quick temporary fix with nothing that eliminates the problem entirely.

I
    Posted via CB10
    Nope, not just Verizon. I'm on AT&T.
    07-19-15 11:32 AM
    Ok so then it's an issue for various carriers. Maybe some attention will be given or a maintainance update will correct it whenever that is but I won't count on it for a long time, if it does happen

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 11:39 AM
    It's definitely a bit buggy. I'm in Canada and on Virgin Mobile. Sometimes it works flawlessly and other times not. I usually just hope for the best. Turning it to UK English and then back to US seems to work but it also seems to correct itself.
    Sometimes I occasionally get an error that says "unable to connect to voice server" so this sounds to me like it could be something that isn't actually part of the OS?
    ...I agree that it is a work in progress and it has improved since it's original implementation. One thing that it is in desperate need of are some options regarding how it responds. Everyone who uses it to call numbers knows how painfully redundant it is. If I am calling a number that is saved in my contacts, there is no reason that I need it to read me the phone number before it calls.
    07-19-15 11:52 AM
    BB assistant has no voice. That's what this thread is about.
    The purpose plain and simple is that when you are driving and you need to send a message to someone, you don't have to look at your phone and touch the tiny letters in a moving vehicle.

It is clear in my situation that this happened when I downloaded the Mandatory OS 10.3.2.440.

Why isn't there help from Blackberry on this? All we get here in Crackberry Land is conjecture. I appreciate that Crackberry exists, really I do. But the underlying company needs to support its products and users.
    07-19-15 01:09 PM
28 12