It's so impractical. In now using BlackBerry native apps and they still drain like a *****.

For example I'm now using BlackBerry maps instead of Google maps....no difference.

Taken out memory card, no improvement. If I had money I may go iPhone 5s. It's not practical to go about my business running it with no signal or airport mode.

Please tell me I am not the only one struggling.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 01:06 PM
    It's so impractical. In now using BlackBerry native apps and they still drain like a *****.

For example I'm now using BlackBerry maps instead of Google maps....no difference.

Taken out memory card, no improvement. If I had money I may go iPhone 5s. It's not practical to go about my business running it with no signal or airport mode.

Please tell me I am not the only one struggling.

Posted via CB10
    You on 10.2?
    10-08-13 01:06 PM
    So many variables involved. Do you use your phone mainly as a communication device. For myself if I sit down just to play games I can kill off the battery in 4 hours but if I use it solely for calls, emails and BBM with the odd picture here and there 12-16 hours is no problem. You mention GPS, are you using your phone primarily as a map device? If so I highly doubt you will find any phone last throughout the day using constantly as such. Let us know more details as to how you are using your phone.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1725 Winnipeg
    10-08-13 01:23 PM
    +1 for yamahammer. I'm getting the same experience. Battery life is fine
    10-08-13 01:32 PM
    Go ahead and switch to an iPhone if you believe that apples batteries last any longer than a Z10. I have a laugh at work as I watch all the Isheep search high and low for an available power outlet all day long lol

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    10-08-13 01:35 PM
    Like Yamahammer said, if your using it mainly for mapping etc, I doubt very much that even an iPhone will give you any better battery life.
    Do a little research and I think you'll find that the iPhone and driod's all complain about battery life. My bother-in-law has the iPhone5 and he doesn't even use it for mapping etc but he's on it all day for business and phone calls and such. It doesn't last him even half the day. He uses a battery pack add-on and some days even that's isn't enough. He also has a remote charger as a back-up to be able to make it through some days.
    So I don't think going elsewhere is your magic solution, if you truly like your Z10. The truth is on most smartphones battery life sucks!
    You may want to investigate getting a charger pack that can be attached to your Z10 or a battery back door to augment your battery.
    10-08-13 01:38 PM
    I use mine constantly for browsing, emails bbm and a few phone calls. Im getting 10+ hours of use a day. Usually have to charge around 6pm after being off the charger at 6 am.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 01:40 PM
    Yeah smartphones need a battery revolution. If you came from the old BlackBerry phones the battery life difference is huge, i would get a day and a half from my old bold

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 01:43 PM
    Gps, plug it in. Simple and effective.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 01:48 PM
    The Z30 might be a good option. What I have is a 3000 mAh charging pack which allows me to charge 2 us devices (iPhone) and the battery pack. With 10.2 and the faster boot, I just swap the batteries and my phone is never on a leash (I charge the battery pack with the other pack).

If you are using your phone a lot such an option will be very nifty and you can last a whole day easy, doing everything you want without the need for additional power....

Lately I am carrying my laptop and an additional screen with me as well in my back pack, so the other items are easily stashed away.

There is no magic bullet for battery life as it is a small computer in the pm of your hand.

All you can do is get one with a massive battery or just swap it or charge it on the go....

However you will be in agony when you leave your home with 30% battery, just to realise that the other sources of power have been drained by a windows phone (battery pack) an iPhone (charging pack) and USB powered speakers the night before.... Then you struggle through the day with just your laptop as power source and realize that the 11 hours are meant in office use without having an additional screen and a phone plugged in.... Then it's just like the Z10 battery life...

Yeah.... not having access to power is a terrible thing... No wonder MacGuyver has been cancelled then way before laptops and smartphones came to existence....

He would have his Swiss army app, some chewing gum a shoe lace and a piece of glass to eavesdrop on conversations, plot a map of the whole area to 10cm accuracy and hack himself into the hostiles drone network and use one to escape....

Hmmm sounds kinda cool!

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 01:57 PM
    I've got an iPhone 4 and a Z10.

No doubt the barrery on the iPhone lasts longer however, I put this to the community.

The $hit battery life on BB10 devices was highligted early. We have known about it for some time. I have simply found with my Z10 daily driver I have tsken a couple of steps to ensure I don't get hung out to dry with a dead battery.

My steps include: making sure the.car charger is in which ever csr I'm out in. Making sure there is a USB cable at both my desks. Making sure the phone goes on the charger every night.

By having a usb cable at both my desks I find that while I'm stationary, my phone is on.charge. This way when I leave a.situation where I have an outlet the Z10 is at. full charge.

Change a couple of habits and you can get along with Z10 battery life.

If this doesn't work for.you I site the advise of Bla1ze which was simply, "spare battery, never leave the outlet without one.com"

tapped using Android Runtime CBForums from my PlayBook
    10-08-13 02:01 PM
    No issues here, on 10.2 leak and battery is terrific. Easy full day with normal use. If using maps, I plug into car charger as that is a huge drain, but no different than any other platform.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    10-08-13 02:04 PM
    i am more than satisfied with my battery life although i have heavy mail inflow with good amount of calling ,having my daily dosage of games and apps,still my z10 supports me nearly 9-10 hours ,that's good enough.
    10-08-13 02:07 PM
    And with 10.2 nothing horrible has happened .
    10-08-13 02:07 PM
    Z30 even takes the game further
    10-08-13 02:11 PM
    No problems at all with my battery life, and I use it constantly all day, I only charge it at night when I sleep, has plenty of juice left at the end of the day.
    Maybe get a different battery to compare.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 02:14 PM
    If he's talking about the Z10 and not the Z30 - - I don't fkn know what the issue is. BUY A SPARE BATTERY FOR $12 ON EBAY!! Seriously - Z10 battery life thread are a solution in need of a problem. A spare battery is cheap and easy to carry. If you have a charging pod at home or in the office then most will let you charge a spare at the same time. If you are navigating - you're in a car - BUY A CAR CHARGER.

WTH - there are at least 100 things that are a real problem with the Z10 (I love mine, but all phones have issues) but battery life should never be an issue on a device with a removeable battery. Ever.

Now if you are talking about the Z30...well than that's a real issue.
    todbanner likes this.
    10-08-13 02:14 PM
    Z30 even takes the game further
    Z30 has a non-removeable battery. That is the antithesis of what a Blackberry has always been. And in my very humble opinion an abomination before the phone gods.
    10-08-13 02:16 PM
    Start was the maps drain. Just want to get 20 hours comfortably but not happening. 12-16 varied depending on the use.
    Battery will be the downfall for this great phone-img_20131137.png

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 02:24 PM
    Start was the maps drain. Just want to get 20 hours comfortably but not happening. 12-16 varied depending on the use.
    Posted via CB10
    What app is that?
    10-08-13 03:21 PM
    I too have just started charging more. As for maps I never use GPS maps with out the phone plugged into my car charger.

The battery could be better but (and my battery below 20% just popped up as I type this) I usually just charge whenever it is convenient. I forgot to plug it in while driving home from work but it is still just at 20% and I unplugged it around 7:30 this morning.

I suggest if you absolutely need better battery life and you are willing to get a new phone, try a z30 or a q10.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 03:47 PM
    Any device will discharge quickly with that much GPS usage. It is constantly seeking the tower and trying to update it's location.
    10-08-13 03:59 PM
    Z10 and iphone battery drains more or less at the same time, I see that with my business colleagues carrying iphones.
    There is a huge difference if you are connected with wifi, battery lasts even 24 h hours with moderate use, contrary with 3G or 2G networks will last no more than 10 hours, With heavy use, no more than 5-6 hours.
    I bought a spare battery and bundle to charge and don't care anymore !
    10-08-13 04:10 PM
    What app is that?

Battery will be the downfall for this great phone-img_20131139.png
    Has some handy shortcuts too

Battery will be the downfall for this great phone-img_20131140.png

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 04:47 PM
    Woke up to this holla!!!!!
    Battery will be the downfall for this great phone-img_20131141.png

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 04:47 AM