That drain is severe even for the initial week...

Posted on my sexy Zee10 via the CB app
    03-29-13 11:32 AM
    I recently purchased mine through T-mobile and have sort of the same issue with OS being 10.0.10.85. Isn't there a newer OS available that addresses battery optimization and can it be pushed using blackberry link?
    03-29-13 11:33 AM
    PC recipe box app and Blackberry travel are problematic. Although travel just got an update so that might be fixed now. I was having battery problems and it was suggested that I backup, reload the OS, and then restore my backup. Whatever this did worked and my battery is incredible now. I use my phone heavily at work streaming music all day pretty much and it got to the point where it was dying in 2 hrs. Yesterday after reloading I finished the work day at 60%.

If you just got the phone I would give it a few days as suggested though.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 11:38 AM
    Welcome to the club. Got mine yesterday, charged it as much as I could through the day (never got about 50% I don't believe) but found it dead an hour before I left work. I hadn't even been using it. VZW has let us down and even though I LOVE 4G LTE speeds they aren't worth the battery drain in areas there is no coverage. I really want to love the Z10 but VZW is making it extremely difficult.
    With all of the battery problems that people have been reporting I encourage you to be attentive to the recommended charging advice for the first week at the very least with this device. I'm referring to your charging only 50%. I think you are usually cautioned to fully charge.
    03-29-13 11:41 AM
    Hey guys.. got my new Z10 last night! LOVE IT so far.. only prob i notice right now is that fact that it gets a little warm on the back. i plugged it in last night when i went to bed, unplugged at 6:22am. at 9:30am i had 50% batt.. WHA???

i only have 3 email account, and only the live acct doe push.. the others are set to 15m intervals. facebook doesnt send/get notifations unless im in the app. same with other accts.

screen at ~40% brightness

wifi is not connected to anything, but it on.

nfc, bluetooth, off.

ideas?!?

blackberry z10 on Verizon, says i have latest OS 10.0.9.422
    Remove ebay app and reboot.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 11:43 AM
    Remove ebay app and reboot.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, the ebay app causes issues!

03-29-13 11:46 AM
    I'm going to att in a couple of days to exchange my phone, this is second battery I'm testing, and after following the suggestions I am still experiencing about 2% drain per minute, this is with crackberrry app, BBM and battery guru running, nothing else.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 12:33 PM
    I had this problem when I first got my phone in February. I did what is known as "Battery Conditioning" in which for the first 3-5 battery cycles, you let the battery complete die and then fully charge it. Also, don't forget that for at least the first week, you can't even put the device down because you're constantly wanting to discover everything about the device and the phone is doing a lot of syncing in the background. The keyboard is learning your style of typing and you're going to be doing a lot of downloading from BlackBerry World. Also, 4G LTE is completely useless unless you're downloading or browsing a lot of websites., Otherwise it's just killing your battery. I find the H+ network selection to be more than adequate for standard browsing.

All these things will chew away at your battery but by the second week or so, you should notice your phone getting about 12-16 hours of moderate to heavy use.
    03-29-13 12:40 PM
    Unfortunately AT&T and Verizon is forcing LTE on us :/

03-29-13 01:10 PM
    Please, every new owner...resist the temptation to start using the phone once you get it. Turn it off and give it a full charge.

Last night, I experienced the same. But using it today after a full overnight (turned off) charge, my battery is doing well and the back isn't warm.

Again, I suggest giving it a full charge before going download crazy and stuff.
    03-29-13 02:13 PM
    the battery needs to be break in in my experience. i always turn wifi off when i'm not connecting as it constantly scans for wifi networks you save on the list, therefore the battery drain.
    03-29-13 02:13 PM
    Mines always very warm😄 Maybe because its always on. Lol. I max mine out to the fullest potential. Gotta put good use to my chargers some how 😄
    03-29-13 02:15 PM
    solution, remove ebay app.. YES guys, the ebay app is the problem.. tried it twice. w/ the ebay app, gets pretty warm, quick, and battery drains to 50% in literally 2 hrs. ebay app gone, used my z10 all day yesterday, and went to 10% at about 8pm.. used the phone heavy from 2p to about 4p. non stop w/ bbm video, forum browings, instagram (web) fb, etc... so remove ebay and enjoy your battery life.
    04-01-13 10:25 AM
  14. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I had that problem and used blackberry Link to do a full backup then a full restore. Worked!!

Seems adding some apps causes unusual battery drain.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 10:33 AM
    Please, every new owner...resist the temptation to start using the phone once you get it. Turn it off and give it a full charge.

Last night, I experienced the same. But using it today after a full overnight (turned off) charge, my battery is doing well and the back isn't warm.

Again, I suggest giving it a full charge before going download crazy and stuff.
    Great suggestion, turned off, full charge last night, today my battery is doing very well.
    Found out that days before my battery wasn't really full charged although displayed 100% in setting. It's only really full charge when the green led stopped blinking.
    Many thanks.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 11:19 PM
40 12