So today was my 2nd day with the z10. I have to say it is an amazing device. I up/down graded from an HTC one. The keyboard is absolutely amazing. Nothing even comes close to it, but today, I had the phone in my pocket, and by noon, I noticed it was overheating and my battery was drained to half. I do not know what the problem is, and I don't have any accessories besides my Seidio active case. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 08:00 PM
    It will take a few days for it to get some good battery life
    My recommendation is to put the phone on airplane mode when you are sleeping because my phone makes it through a whole day of heavy use from 7 a.m to 10 p.m

Posted via CB10
    cantina4me likes this.
    10-17-13 08:04 PM
    It will take a few days for it to get some good battery life
    My recommendation is to put the phone on airplane mode when you are sleeping because my phone makes it through a whole day of heavy use from 7 a.m to 10 p.m

Posted via CB10
    Yea, but I charge my phone at night... it only overheats when it's in my pants pocket. Could it be the fact that I ported an android copy of Instagram????

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 08:08 PM
    I would suggest as a test, UNinstall the Android app and see how things go. You did not load any leaked OS - standard? Did you have good cell coverage where you were? Looking for coverage can take quite a bit of power.
    10-17-13 09:44 PM
    How many email accounts do you have on the phone?

During the first few days of operation, your phone syncronises all your email data, etc and then indexes all this information for quick reference. This indexing process can take 24 - 48 hours and can cause high drain and heat from your battery.

Give it a few days to settle down and it should improve drastically.
    10-17-13 11:20 PM
    I would suggest as a test, UNinstall the Android app and see how things go. You did not load any leaked OS - standard? Did you have good cell coverage where you were? Looking for coverage can take quite a bit of power.
    OK I will try that. And my coverage is great, 4g lte all the time here on long Island.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 05:48 AM
    How many email accounts do you have on the phone?

During the first few days of operation, your phone syncronises all your email data, etc and then indexes all this information for quick reference. This indexing process can take 24 - 48 hours and can cause high drain and heat from your battery.

Give it a few days to settle down and it should improve drastically.
    Very abnormal 2 days and this morning when I turned woke it, it just starts rapidly overheat to 102.2 Fahrenheit

And I just checked. I have 2 email accounts one Facebook
    Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 05:49 AM
    I also have a Z10 battery just shoots up to 104 degrees and drains really fast, and the phone is running really sluggish. The kicker is I haven't installed anything within the last week and have been running the same OS for a month. Also have two batteries and both do it.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 09:56 AM