Juz a thoughts...

Loves diz new Z10, but d battery drains off drastically!!! Pffttt...

The Z10 functionality to accommodate the battery capacity; OR the battery capacity to accommodate the Z10 functionality?

Which is which?? Sighhh...

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 11:22 PM
    Juz a thoughts...

The Z10 functionality to accommodate the battery capacity; OR the battery capacity to accommodate the Z10 functionality?

Posted via CB10
    Buy a spare battery, call it a wrap. Easy.
    05-27-13 11:39 PM
    Bla1ze!!!!!! Puff, puff, give........stop babysitting
    05-27-13 11:42 PM
    battery charger bundle... best bet!
    05-27-13 11:43 PM
    Just give it a few days to condition the battery too. It'll be much better..

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 11:44 PM
    Users shouldn't have to incur the extra expense of purchasing a spare battery in order to get a days worth of "average" use on a single charge of the Z10 battery. The battery shortcomings are something that should of been addressed in the design phase, and properly tested, so that the vast majority of users would be able to get a full days use on a full charge AT THE VERY MINIMUM.

If someone is suffering from chronic migraine headaches, you don't just pass it off like it's nothing, and tell the person to just carry around some extra Tylenol, and they'll be fine. You find the root of what is causing the migraine headache, and you seek to fix that.

Let's hope Blackberry releases an update that resolves a lot of the issues users are experiencing in regards to less than ideal battery performance. If they brush the battery shortcomings under the rug, and suggest people resolve the issue by purchasing a spare battery, and keeping that on hand at all times, I ensure you that would not bode well for Blackberry, who touts that their high end Z10 phone is a perfect compliment for business professionals.
    Last edited by Rudee66; 05-28-13 at 12:11 AM.
    05-27-13 11:48 PM
    Yeah but I guess there are many factors which come into play too. Such as network strength etc.. those really affects the battery.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 11:49 PM
    Shouldn't have to buy a spare battery. The battery shortcomings are something that should of been addressed in the design phase, and properly tested, so that the vast majority of users would be able to get a full days use on a full charge at the very minimum. Easy.
    Not sure what OS you guys are on, but mine has gotten significantly better with each new leak. I mean, it's noticeable
    05-27-13 11:50 PM
    Yeah but I guess there are many factors which come into play too. Such as network strength etc.. those really affects the battery.

Posted via CB10
    The most significant factor in my opinion is the consumers desire for a cool/thin phone. If the consumer was willing to carry around a 1 cm to 1.25 cm thick phone, no one would be crying about battery life. Weight is also another factor when a phone has a battery that large.
    yvpan1, Bobcat665 and Carl Estes like this.
    05-27-13 11:57 PM
    Hi. I used to have battery problem too. First I thought that it is normal, that z10 does consume battery like that. My battery used to last for 3-4 hours.

Anyway, my z10 had a dead pixel, so I return to the distributor for repair, to check the battery also.
    After almost a month, I got my z10 back, same device, same pin, no dead pixel, OS upgraded to 10.1 (was 10.0), and behold, battery last for 8 hours easily.

Screenshot:
    Battery!!!! Ohh Battery!!!-uploadfromtaptalk1369716993036.jpg

I did not condition the battery at all. Since most article I read says conditioning lithium battery actually hurt the battery.

Regards,
    cuek80
    05-28-13 12:01 AM
    The most significant factor in my opinion is the consumers desire for a cool/thin phone. If the consumer was willing to carry around a 1 cm to 1.25 cm thick phone, no one would be crying about battery life. Weight is also another factor when a phone has a battery that large.
    Don't forget that screen!
    05-28-13 12:02 AM
    You need to use the phone for at least a month. Then make your decision. Like all new things, the new toy gets used a lot which does not accurately reflect the usage under normal circumstances.

A new phone gets touched and used so much more than say a phone that is 4 months old.

So I say, come back and tell me about your battery issues in 3 months. Safe to say half of you will say it's been 'conditioned'

Black is best Z10!
    05-28-13 12:04 AM
    Battery!!!! Ohh Battery!!!-img_00000191.png

No one has complained about battery life more than me. Device replacement, OS 10.1, a few battery conditioning sessions and about two weeks of use.

This is a shot of an average day, text/BBM, Facebook, Twitter, news apps, etc.

Drain really normalized when I stopped using it for FOUR HOURS STRAIGHT. But honestly 10.1 has been a life saver.

My two cents.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 12:15 AM
    You need to use the phone for at least a month. Then make your decision.
    The majority of people who purchase a new phone only have a 14 day period to evaluate the phone. They don't have a month. And if somebody bought a Z10 recently, this issue with the sub par battery is going to be a major considering factor in whether to keep the phone or return it.
    05-28-13 12:18 AM
    Battery conditioning (draining to dead) causes permanent damage to lithium ion batteries and shouldn't be done. Two minutes with a good search engine will point it out in spades.
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    05-28-13 12:21 AM
    Users shouldn't have to incur the extra expense of purchasing a spare battery in order to get a days worth of "average" use on a single charge of the Z10 battery. The battery shortcomings are something that should of been addressed in the design phase, and properly tested, so that the vast majority of users would be able to get a full days use on a full charge AT THE VERY MINIMUM.

If someone is suffering from chronic migraine headaches, you don't just pass it off like it's nothing, and tell the person to just carry around some extra Tylenol, and they'll be fine. You find the root of what is causing the migraine headache, and you seek to fix that.

Let's hope Blackberry releases an update that resolves a lot of the issues users are experiencing in regards to less than ideal battery performance. If they brush the battery shortcomings under the rug, and suggest people resolve the issue by purchasing a spare battery, and keeping that on hand at all times, I ensure you that would not bode well for Blackberry, who touts that their high end Z10 phone is a perfect compliment for business professionals.

"Ideal battery performance"

Lol. Each has their own "ideal." Battery performance for me is on par with any LTE-capable phone I've come across.

Besides, having an extra battery is always a decent idea anyways.

The issue is being addressed. If you can't be bothered to keep your phone up to date, don't be surprised or upset if it isn't performing it's best.
    quangtran1 likes this.
    05-28-13 12:24 AM
    Juz a thoughts...

Posted via CB10
    Latest 10.1 releases DRASTICALLY improve battery life and eliminate random phone heating (which drains the battery).

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 12:26 AM
    @stu_dg - what is the application that you're using to capture the battery stats, please?
    Thanks!
    05-28-13 12:28 AM
    @stu_dg - what is the application that you're using to capture the battery stats, please?
    Thanks!
    Its battery guru. Paid app, u can buy it from blackberry world. Too bad its not free, most app like this (with more feature, like task killer, and reports what app drain the battery, etc) are free for android.
    WArcher likes this.
    05-28-13 12:46 AM
    The problem with average use is that it desn't exist. Too many variables.

Motorola Razr Maxx HD: 131.9 x 67.9 x 9.3 mm (5.19 x 2.67 x 0.37 in) Battery, 3300Mah

BB Z10: 130 x 65.6 x 9 mm (5.12 x 2.58 x 0.35 in) Battery 1800Mah

For .3mm, that's a good trade off IMO.
    Djlatino likes this.
    05-28-13 01:01 AM
    The problem with average use is that it desn't exist. Too many variables.
    It most definitely does exist. You first obtain the demographic data. You then distribute the devices in close proportion to the demographic that are testing the devices. You then obtain the data. You will get the mean, median, and mode rather easily. The variables are accounted for. It doesn't matter what each user does with his phone, the statistical data will still be plotted and available to determine a value for "average" use.

I'm an Analyst with a background in Mechanical Engineering. Trust me when I tell you that just because there are many variables, it doesn't mean you cannot derive data from it. Because you most definitely can. There is always data.
    anon(4021844) likes this.
    05-28-13 01:19 AM
    Battery life on the Z10 has been erratic at best. Everyone's circumstances and real world use is different so their experience is subjective, I get that, but there are legitimate concerns with the performance.

I can't seem to get a good read on mine. Friday I got almost 22 hours out of it and today I got 6. It's fluctuated like that since I got the phone on release day. Granted use age was different but that type of variance is excessive.

FWIW my wife has the Moto RAZR HD and she is on the thing all day and all night (new baby at home). She can get 36 hours out of the phone full use with LTE, WiFi, and BT on all the time. Add to that side by side the RAZR and Z10 are not noticeably different in size. I love my berry but the performance of the RAZR is almost enough to give it a test drive.

Final note, bedtime here and I have 75% left after a full recharge at 4pm (phone died after 6 hours). Wife's phone, 68% off charger at 430AM.

Posted via CB10
    madx80h likes this.
    05-28-13 01:22 AM
    Delete the eBay app if you happened to have installed it. It's a huge battery drain

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 01:57 AM
    05-28-13 02:14 AM

Except that your battery problem isn't painful. Annoying... maybe. Not too many smartphones have superb battery life so it's not just BBRY's problem. It's the designs that don't allow for a bigger battery. Here is a good analogy for you. People want speed out of there car, but the manufacturer can only put a certain amount of power into the engine for many reasons (cost, design, etc.). If you want more speed you'll invest some money into the engine.

Same applies to smartphones, they are limited to what they can put in the phone due to budget and market calling for thinner phones. So if you would like some extra juice, get an extended battery or a spare.

BBRY telling you to get a spare battery isn't as bad as Steve Jobs telling iPhone users that they are all holding there phones wrong. Lmao

Via CB 10 on my T-Mobile Z10
    Bobcat665 and saint613 like this.
    05-28-13 02:17 AM
156 123 ...