There is no such thing as battery conditioning for lithium ion batteries. It's a myth.

The only "Conditioning" that exists is to fully charge your battery before first use.

Beyond on that, there is no such thing as condition. Never was.

Posted via CB10
    Sadly it's not, we deal with lithium ion batteries every day only on a way larger scale. They will develop memory and cells become unbalanced thus losing charge or the ability to accept a full charge. Some if let to die right off will not be able to come back to life with out a special charger and cell balancer to equally charge the battery.

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    06-02-13 08:14 AM
    The battery improves after a few days use. I get 10-12 hours with a heavy use which is great

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 08:16 AM
    I've had similar problems with my own battery since getting my phone only 6 days ago... but finally it appears to be to be improving...here's what I did...worth a try...
    - disable all notifications as well as disable all notifications in individual programs
    - turn screen brightness to the lowest setting
    -disable BlackBerry Hub
    -disable diagnostics
    -disable gesture at start up
    - set phone to 3g or 2g
    -let the phone battery run out til the phone shuts down then connect to BlackBerry charger

after 4hrs I'm down to 71%....before this I was lucky to get 5-6hrs...

Posted via CB10
    You shouldn't cripple the phone to get longer battery life.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 08:38 AM
    Just dropped in to say that the thread title is too exaggerated.

Posted via my sexy Z10.
    06-02-13 08:45 AM
    as mentioned by someone else everyone uses the phone differently...I consider myself a medium user...it suits my purpose..rather than carry a spare battery..you can extend the life of your battery by switching off those features you are not using...believe me it works....yes it defies the purpose of a smart phone but helps if your travelling n don't have access a power point or usb....you can get better performance with wi-fi switchedoff as well...only switch it on if u need it .....

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 11:26 PM
    Every phone with wifi I ever ever have owned I turn off wifi when not using it. Wifi always seems like a big battery drain when not in in use.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 11:45 PM
    I am on T Mobile and they do not have LTE in my area yet. Will I get noticeably better battery life by turning off the LTE? It presently connects on 4G, which I pretty fast.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 11:57 PM
    The majority of people who purchase a new phone only have a 14 day period to evaluate the phone. They don't have a month. And if somebody bought a Z10 recently, this issue with the sub par battery is going to be a major considering factor in whether to keep the phone or return it.
    I was hoping someone was FINALLY going to say that!
    ...I would NOT ride out ( squander ) my window to return a device.
    ...On the possibility it might get better 2 weeks on the wrong side of when I could have returned the phone.

Thanks Rudee, I'm glad you said that.
    06-03-13 01:21 AM
    Why not try 11000 mah power bank? U can easily go on with 2 full days of super heavy use. Haha

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 01:36 AM
    Low Battery???
    Battery!!!! Ohh Battery!!!-2013-06-02-21.50.24.png
    Lol buy the BlackBerry Z10 Charger Bundle, best thing ever!!!

Posted By Doofenschrmitz
    bp3dots and E-FlowElLobo like this.
    06-03-13 01:44 AM
    day 2..with all my settings n apps that I don't need switched off... I have improved my battery life from 6 to 10hrs that's based on a medium user...its just enough to get me through the day...but if u are a power user there r high capacity batteries avail on ebay...2300 or 2630...I might try these next to see if they r any better....

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 04:28 AM
    I have used pretty much every OS out there so far and with regard to battery life the Z10 is at present substantially worse than my Galaxy S3, HTC Sensation and Blackberry 9700 I got from my employer.

The problem for me is located with the Radio. As soon as the Z10 is operating with wifi the phone definitely feels cooler when idle and it seems i can get more than double battery life, i.e. 20 hours+

I have bought a spare battery but this battery life at present is simply not acceptable and I don't want to turn my Z10 into a dumbphone just for the sake of battery life. I hope this will be fixed soon.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 07:21 AM
    My z10 has been up and running for just under 2 hours. I've sent approx 8 to 10 txts & bbm's and my battery is at a staggering 46% already.
    Battery life on this phone has considerably dropped since the recent software update it would appear!

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 08:14 AM
    Since I wrote my last thread it's down to 39% with no apps running.?

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 08:19 AM
    I think for me the biggest contributor is whether I'm using wifi or cellular data.
    Been home the whole day and was using wifi. Unplugged at 8am, and it's now 4pm, with 65% battery remaining. Been using WhatsApp and sending some emails.

Posted via CB10
    sparkaction likes this.
    06-04-13 12:53 AM
    One hell of a battery drainer

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 12:11 AM
    Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 12:12 AM
    My z10 has been up and running for just under 2 hours. I've sent approx 8 to 10 txts & bbm's and my battery is at a staggering 46% already.
    Battery life on this phone has considerably dropped since the recent software update it would appear!

Posted via CB10
    Since I wrote my last thread it's down to 39% with no apps running.?

Posted via CB10
    Oh yes you do You do have something running to cause such battery drain, or alternatively have a faulty device. It is not normal behaviour....

And generally I agree there is no need whatsoever to switch off all those features, I mean what is the point...But then again I don't and get easily over a day in most place where I am...

However these threads are always a bit useless as many factors aren't taken into account, firstly there are some serious battery draining applications out there. Blackberry need to step up their quality control before approving apps. If you have drains like violator101 that would be my first part to look at....Great examples were Blackberry's own travel app and eBay...Even when not running in the active frame they just zapped battery live. Uninstall and all was well again, so be alert to that...

But I think another common culprit but unfortunately anything but common is the network provide cells. There are a few locations in London where I do some work where signal is great...However it isn't, its switching a lot between E G H...Same at a location near Heathrow, although Vodafone seems to have fixed that one and my battery life is notable better. At home I've got my own femtocell providing a stable signal....So I can understand the comments from some to switch of LTE or 3G and go to the lowest stable speed as the radio doesn't have to reconfigure/connect all the time...
    06-10-13 01:42 AM
    I have made changes to my Permissions on the downloaded apps- took off the internet and BBM for most of them, and now I notice that the battery life is fantastic. 20+ hours with medium to heavy use. Can anyone else give this a try and see if its just my imagination or if this really does affect battery?
    06-10-13 01:16 PM
    Battery!!!! Ohh Battery!!!-img_00000329.png
    Three batteries from 6 am-10 pm. 16 hours.....

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 07:15 PM
    I have showed that BlackBerry Games burn my battery.....retro of my device is burned...
    And the battery dried fast.
    Why?
    Also when i use GPS and BlackBerry Maps it succeed the same thing.
    Why?

Fortunally i use this things sometimes, but i hope i don't have any problems about my device.

Fabio Aliprandi, BlackBerry Z10 .
    01-09-14 11:36 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000329.png 
Views:	1019 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	170533
    Three batteries from 6 am-10 pm. 16 hours.....

Posted via CB10
    Which is the name of this app?
    is there in BlackBerry World?

01-09-14 11:37 AM
    Which is the name of this app?
    is there in BlackBerry World?

Battery Guru.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 11:46 AM
    Thank u mate.

01-09-14 12:21 PM
    Battery Guru.

Posted via CB10
    Is there another similar app free?
    With details of battery and other details...

01-09-14 12:27 PM
156 ... 4567