Which OS, which radio, may I ask?
    My phone has VZ official 10.0.9.422.

It's now 1:27 am and the phone is now at 40%. Roughly 18 hours strong, it would seem.
    05-29-13 03:29 AM
    SImilar story here, check the 2342 thread, I'm ******** there for 2 days now but since I've downgraded the radio to 1721 and with light use I'm approaching the 12th hour since ~8AM when I took it off the charger today morning.

Here: http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...g_00000132.png
    Thanks for the info. Will load up when I get a break today. Btw, which app is that u take the screen shot from?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 06:29 AM
    I turned off LTE on a recent business trip and battery life was drastically increased and for everything I use my phone for there was no discernible difference in performance.
    05-29-13 09:00 AM
    Thanks for the info. Will load up when I get a break today. Btw, which app is that u take the screen shot from?

Posted via CB10
    Press the two volume buttons at the same time. The screen shot will save to your device memory in the cmara folder. No app needed

Via CB 10 on my T-Mobile Z10
    05-29-13 09:02 AM

Posted via CB10
    Battery Guru, for $1.99, IIRC.

Posted via CB10
    teostar likes this.
    05-29-13 09:53 AM
    At the end of the day BlackBerry makes other products (cases, battery bundles, etc.). It's strategy. The case offers better battery life. Battery bundles for power users. It's business.

'Case offers better battery life' is not a good enough excuse for often poor battery life on the stock battery. The battery charger bundle makes carrying a spare battery easier, but it's still a hassle most users should not have to put up with. This has nothing with being a 'power user' or 'road warrior'. Receiving and replying email and IMing friends isn't anything out of the ordinary on other platforms.
    05-29-13 01:19 PM
    Honestly, you're carrying around a phone that pretty much has the power of desktop computers less than 2 years ago
    Very hard to take you serious when you compare the processing power of a Snapdragon S4 with even a Core 2 Duo from 2009. Seriously?!
    05-29-13 01:25 PM
    'Case offers better battery life' is not a good enough excuse for often poor battery life on the stock battery. The battery charger bundle makes carrying a spare battery easier, but it's still a hassle most users should not have to put up with. This has nothing with being a 'power user' or 'road warrior'. Receiving and replying email and IMing friends isn't anything out of the ordinary on other platforms.
    You can't make everyone happy. It's either a thin phone, or a better battery. If the phone was thicker, I can guarantee that some people would complain. There are a lot more factors to take into account than just making the phone bigger to accommodate for a bigger battery. No one will ever release the perfect product so take what you have and enjoy it. If not, sell it and go to another forum to complain about your next phones battery life. Or get a standard flip phone, those things have crazy battery life.

05-29-13 02:29 PM
    I had some really bad battery problems, aven after putting all the settings of the radio just to 2G, wifi off most of the time and I burned trough after 5-6 hours. I made some researches on the forum and read trough the 10 tips article Ten tips and tricks to extend your BlackBerry Z10 battery life | CrackBerry.com,, I found out that deactivting the Facebook notification, and the gestures when the Z10 is locked (basically it means you have to first push the activation button on the top and then swipe) this function drains the battery life because it has to maintain a static field over the screen at all times to allow you to unlock it with the swipe gesture. I reduced also the screen brigtheness from 100 to 60 and this saved a lot of batterylife since then I don't fear to leave home without a charger on me ! So hope this can help you in some way
    05-29-13 03:33 PM
    I have noticed that running it on wifi lasts waaaaaay longer than 4g/lte
    Prince Radebe likes this.
    05-29-13 03:33 PM
    I have noticed that running it on wifi lasts waaaaaay longer than 4g/lte
    I noticed the same thing, over weekends i get much better battery because I am always on wifi.
    05-29-13 03:41 PM
    On leak. 2342 and battery life is worse .

Battery!!!! Ohh Battery!!!-img_00000126.png

ZED-10 For the person on the move!
    05-29-13 04:19 PM
    You can't make everyone happy. It's either a thin phone, or a better battery. If the phone was thicker, I can guarantee that some people would complain. There are a lot more factors to take into account than just making the phone bigger to accommodate for a bigger battery. No one will ever release the perfect product so take what you have and enjoy it. If not, sell it and go to another forum to complain about your next phones battery life. Or get a standard flip phone, those things have crazy battery life.

How many people would complain if the phone was 2mm thicker?
    No matter, though. I've 'solved' my battery issues by swapping my Z10 for a Q10.
    05-29-13 04:23 PM
    Attachment 166068

No one has complained about battery life more than me. Device replacement, OS 10.1, a few battery conditioning sessions and about two weeks of use.

This is a shot of an average day, text/BBM, Facebook, Twitter, news apps, etc.

Drain really normalized when I stopped using it for FOUR HOURS STRAIGHT. But honestly 10.1 has been a life saver.

My two cents.

Posted via CB10
    constant drain rate? 3 possible senarios:
    1. your standby drain rate = usage drain rate
    2. you're hardly using the phone
    3. you're using the phone almost throughout, non-stop

i'm sorry but I call bs. it would be even sadder to experience such a pattern if it were no. 2
    05-29-13 04:31 PM
    Users shouldn't have to incur the extra expense of purchasing a spare battery in order to get a days worth of "average" use on a single charge of the Z10 battery. The battery shortcomings are something that should of been addressed in the design phase, and properly tested, so that the vast majority of users would be able to get a full days use on a full charge AT THE VERY MINIMUM.

If someone is suffering from chronic migraine headaches, you don't just pass it off like it's nothing, and tell the person to just carry around some extra Tylenol, and they'll be fine. You find the root of what is causing the migraine headache, and you seek to fix that.

Let's hope Blackberry releases an update that resolves a lot of the issues users are experiencing in regards to less than ideal battery performance. If they brush the battery shortcomings under the rug, and suggest people resolve the issue by purchasing a spare battery, and keeping that on hand at all times, I ensure you that would not bode well for Blackberry, who touts that their high end Z10 phone is a perfect compliment for business professionals.
    Don't think it's a problem. 14-16 hours with moderate usage, and currently getting 8-9 with fairly heavy usage. 3-4 videos, 15- 20 sites, 5-10 emails, 30 mins of talk, 20-30 text messages, light gaming. I have noticed that gaming for 30-45 mins can affect the battery by 30-40 %.

Posted via Naked BlackBerry Z10
    05-29-13 04:34 PM
    My "normal " use gives me 36 hrs of battery life on one charge. (os10.1)
    But I turn off what I don't use.
    Same as driving...the faster you go the more gas you burn.
    I have to mention though...10.1 almost doubled the life of the battery.

My two cents...

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 04:57 PM
    How many people would complain if the phone was 2mm thicker?
    No matter, though. I've 'solved' my battery issues by swapping my Z10 for a Q10.
    You could have also 'solved' it by getting a charging bundle if you wanted to keep your Z10. Just my 2 cents.

05-29-13 05:53 PM
    You could have also 'solved' it by getting a charging bundle if you wanted to keep your Z10. Just my 2 cents.

once again,. the idiotic non-answer...

...why is it so effin' hard to understand that people do not want to walk around with batteries in their pocket on a normal weekday, only to enjoy BlackBerry's "Party like it's 1999!" technology, seriously?

You're not helping, pal.
    05-29-13 10:59 PM
    The "just buy a battery charger bundle" response is akin to buying a new car, and then finding out shortly afterwards that it burns gasoline at twice the rate that you expected, just driving the kids a few blocks to school and to the grocery store a couple times a week. But when you go back to the dealership to voice your concerns about the cars poor fuel economy, the shady car salesmen who sold you the car tells you not to return the gas guzzler, but instead suggests your poor fuel economy problem can be fixed by purchasing a gas can full of gasoline, and storing in the trunk for when you run out of gas.
    Last edited by Rudee66; 05-29-13 at 11:31 PM.
    05-29-13 11:17 PM
    We are all forgetting that BB10 was just launched. Have a little respect for the hard work that went into that phone. But yes I understand where you are coming from, battery life is where they should have definitely tried harder. A greater capacity battery would have been amazing. Did a bigger battery really affect their budget or functionality of the phone that much?... I've installed every leak since 10.1.0.1762 for T-Mobile -3 in search of the most efficient and fluid 10.1 OS currently I'm using the newest one .2354 and it's the most fluid one for MY DEVICE and I'll soon know how the battery life is comparable to the other leaks and stock...
    now iPhone 5 and android on the other hand, well what's the excuse for them? And do those users complain about battery life as often as we do?
    My point is no phone is perfect but blackberry is aware of battery complaints as seen by the first ota update after launch. Give them credit for putting a modern touchscreen phone in your hand that you are proud to use. And if not well I hope you at least respect the time, hard work, and dedication that went into it. Again blackberry just got back into the game. Better late than never!

Posted via CB10
    E-FlowElLobo and sentano like this.
    05-29-13 11:47 PM

Yes, and have to remember to put one extra thing in my pockets, and then remember to charge it.
    We'll see how it goes. I find the q10 to be inferior in many ways to the Z10 so I just may switch back someday.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    05-30-13 12:42 AM
    ... wiFi can always be enabled...

At least in my office that's not true. If I enable WiFi there, the battery drains within 6hours when I don't use the Z10. When I use it even faster. When I disable wifi I get about 17 hours with medium usage and four hours of travelling (wich is a drainer).

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 12:46 AM
    STL100-1 here.

I used to have awesome battery life with no reboot or sync problems on my Z10 with 10.0 but with 10.1 I used to get constant heating, huge battery drain problems..etc. Used to be 24 hours on moderate usage, now only 8.

Now I've uninstalled all unused store Android ports I had, including Skype, and things got back to 10.0 levels. I believe there's a huge bug at this software related to Android runtime and it will probably be fixed before 10.2

I won't use any Android ports, official or not before 10.2 . I think all the problems will be solved with 4.2.2 runtime.
    05-30-13 01:26 AM
    Latest 10.1 releases DRASTICALLY improve battery life and eliminate random phone heating (which drains the battery).

Posted via CB10
    I have updated 10.1 since it came out and my phone randomly heats up to an extreme and I barely get 4-6 hours on idle.
    To actually use the phone, I have to have it plugged in at all times.

Posted via CB10
    LadyOfTheLAN likes this.
    05-30-13 02:33 AM
    once again,. the idiotic non-answer...

...why is it so effin' hard to understand that people do not want to walk around with batteries in their pocket on a normal weekday, only to enjoy BlackBerry's "Party like it's 1999!" technology, seriously?

You're not helping, pal.
    No, you're not helping. You speak for everyone when you say that an extra battery in the pocket is a problem. I'm giving a solution that's possible at the moment. BlackBerry isn't gonna ship out a z10 with a bigger battery so we're stuck with what we have. The only solutions are a battery bundle or an extended battery.

Last edited by E-FlowElLobo; 05-30-13 at 02:49 AM.
    quangtran1 likes this.
    05-30-13 02:38 AM
156 ... 23456 ...