If an experiment is conducted amongst various users doing the same things within a particular period, if the results come out different in terms of the capacity of the device wouldn't it mean that something is wrong somewhere.

Some people claim they get 22hrs battery life, others claim 10hrs etc. Am currently on 5hrs at 0% battery life.

Is it that the batteries where manufactured with different materials making it render widely different performance results and in some cases crazy results.

How do you explain 5hrs and counting on 0%.......

Posted via CB10
    I would point to reception/radio as the main cause of the huge difference in battery life
    Last edited by Gotwake424; 05-28-13 at 09:36 PM.
    05-28-13 01:45 PM
    I don't know about you all, but battery has been solid since 10.0.85. Then again, I'm on Rogers, and I haven't even experienced a random reboot. Battery life is great given my usage, and get more than a full days worth of use out of it. I doubt my experience is the exception.
    05-28-13 02:41 PM
    - disable LTE (best battery life on fixed 2G - enough for email and text, and you could only enable on demand)
    - disable NFC
    - Wifi can be always on
    - disable gestures on locked screen
    - set Crackberry App to update only manually (it sucks a lot battery with 15 min update interval)
    - set other Apps to manual update if you have those
    - Facebook, Twitter, Evernote can be used just normal
    - screen timeout 30 sec
    - disable diagnose data
    - location settings: on. location based ads: off
    - BB Protect: on

And: the device needs some chargy cycles to learn.

Seems like u want me to disable everything on this phone do your really think i should have to disable so many things just to get good battery life for a so called flag ship phone do your really think as a consumer i should have to be wroking so hard to get through the day on a phone come on seems like im working harder than the phone
    05-28-13 02:58 PM
    Delete the eBay app if you happened to have installed it. It's a huge battery drain

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. Whenever I experience battery drains it has always been an app. Without it and decent signal strength I can easily get two days.

EBAY is still such an app that drains badly and I wouldn't be surprised if there are others.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 03:00 PM
    I have the only z10 in my family - the rest are on iPhone and I am the only one who doesn't carry a charger every where. 8 hours with heavy use us entirely reasonable. And if your not getting that spend some time to read the twenty or so threads here that will help. Finally the fact you can by a battery bundle for thirty bucks is amazing. With the second battery a long day us required to kill both batteries. I will be ready for bed before my phone.

Posted via CB10
    All those threads recycle the same info.
    1. 'Condition' the battery, which has been proven conclusively to be BS
    2. Turn off LTE/3G and run on 2G. This isn't really helpful, dropping data speeds to EDGE.

I solved my battery issues by discarding my Z10 and buying a Q10. At least now I can go from 6am to 4pm.
    05-28-13 05:24 PM
    Users shouldn't have to incur the extra expense of purchasing a spare battery in order to get a days worth of "average" use on a single charge of the Z10 battery. The battery shortcomings are something that should of been addressed in the design phase, and properly tested, so that the vast majority of users would be able to get a full days use on a full charge AT THE VERY MINIMUM.

If someone is suffering from chronic migraine headaches, you don't just pass it off like it's nothing, and tell the person to just carry around some extra Tylenol, and they'll be fine. You find the root of what is causing the migraine headache, and you seek to fix that.

Let's hope Blackberry releases an update that resolves a lot of the issues users are experiencing in regards to less than ideal battery performance. If they brush the battery shortcomings under the rug, and suggest people resolve the issue by purchasing a spare battery, and keeping that on hand at all times, I ensure you that would not bode well for Blackberry, who touts that their high end Z10 phone is a perfect compliment for business professionals.
    Honestly, you're carrying around a phone that pretty much has the power of desktop computers less than 2 years ago, if a spare battery isn't accounted for in your budget already, then maybe you need to consider what you're buying and whether or not your finances are aligned for it.

Yes, I realize that's not the nicest answer in the world but it's the reality of the situation at this point if one has already bought the device. If you're waiting for BlackBerry to release some magical update to vastly revamp the battery life, it's simply not going to happen. There is only so much that can be done at this point and they've already done a fair bit of optimizing. Should it have been addressed during design and testing? Absolutely. But all variables aside, it is what is at this point and buying a spare battery is the easiest solution to the problem.

PS: 25 million people suffer from migraines, there is no specific cure for migraine headaches. The normal suggestion is to take pills. The other option is to prevent symptoms by avoiding or changing your triggers. In this case, if your battery is dying.. buy a spare. That's preventing the symptom.
    05-28-13 05:56 PM
    Buy a spare battery, call it a wrap. Easy.
    Nope. Along with tweaking BB10 in 10.2 as much as they can (Offer profiles! Profiles like 'battery saver' with constant signal hunting turned off, with no scanning for available wifi etc.)
    BB also needs to introduce a slightly higher capacity battery in the same form factor so we can get through at least a day, like with any other smartphone platform, seriously. I agree that I shouldn't but I'm still willing to pay some extra $30-40 for a, say, 2200mAh battery...
    05-28-13 06:13 PM
    Crackberrians sure are a demanding bunch. You can afford a $600 phone but can afford a $50 battery bundle.? You won't need a car charger so you'll save some money there. Best $50 I ever spent.

Black Tie Z10
    05-28-13 06:13 PM
    Honestly, you're carrying around a phone that pretty much has the power of desktop computers less than 2 years ago, if a spare battery isn't accounted for in your budget already, then maybe you need to consider what you're buying and whether or not your finances are aligned for it.

Yes, I realize that's not the nicest answer in the world but it's the reality of the situation at this point if one has already bought the device. If you're waiting for BlackBerry to release some magical update to vastly revamp the battery life, it's simply not going to happen. There is only so much that can be done at this point and they've already done a fair bit of optimizing. Should it have been addressed during design and testing? Absolutely. But all variables aside, it is what is at this point and buying a spare battery is the easiest solution to the problem.
    Honestly you are carrying even twice the power and an inch bigger screen in competing phones which are magically able to get through a day so if anything it's a laughable non-excuse. No offense but let's stop driking the Kool-Aid - Z10's battery life is miserable by default and latest leaks only make it slightly better, matching 8-12 months older designs.
    05-28-13 06:16 PM
    Crackberrians sure are a demanding bunch. You can afford a $600 phone but can afford a $50 battery bundle.? You won't need a car charger so you'll save some money there. Best $50 I ever spent.

Black Tie Z10
    No, it's the market and the level of technology in competing phones that demand BB to do something about its craptastic default battery life.
    05-28-13 06:17 PM
    Honestly you are carrying even twice the power and an inch bigger screen in competing phones which are magically able to get through a day so if anything it's a laughable non-excuse. No offense but let's stop driking the Kool-Aid - Z10's battery life is miserable by default and latest leaks only make it slightly better, matching 8-12 months older designs.
    Get over your Kool Aid comments. What are you, 12? Smh. I never once said it wasn't an issue for some folks. There is a problem with the battery life, I offered a solution that's the easiest fix. I have a Galaxy Note II, I have an iPhone 5.. neither of which last a full day either on LTE in my use case. The iPhone 5 being the worst offender, I can literally watch the % drop as I use it and I have unsaturated Rogers LTE coverage.
    TgeekB likes this.
    05-28-13 06:19 PM
    I understand what you are trying to say. However, I stand by my claim that this is about shoddy design engineering and poor requirements analysis, not about number of spare batteries you need to get through your day. Purchasing an extra battery, although a good idea, does not resolve Blackberry of their duty to put a decent performing battery in a flagship phone designed for business professionals, who are well know to be outspoken and much more demanding when it comes to performance from an integral piece of hardware, such as a business mobile phone.
    teostar likes this.
    05-28-13 06:19 PM
    Latest 10.1 releases DRASTICALLY improve battery life and eliminate random phone heating (which drains the battery).

Posted via CB10
    What? I've been using 10.1.0.2342 and with minimal use (maybe 10 emails, max 15mins browsing, and a few bbms) I'm down to 27% now at 6:20pm coming off charge at 7am. I don't call that good battery life at all.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 06:21 PM
    What? I've been using 10.1.0.2342 and with minimal use (maybe 10 emails, max 15mins browsing, and a few bbms) I'm down to 27% now at 6:20pm coming off charge at 7am. I don't call that good battery life at all.

Posted via CB10
    I had the same issue when I upgraded OS to 2342. 6 hours at work with it trying to grab a wi-fi signal and the battery was dead. I flashed it with the 2009 radio file (1917) and today the same situation left me with 60%. I also checked Internet speed at home and it was much faster than native radio file in 2342.

The radio file upgrade info is available here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-3-4-a-811099/
    05-28-13 06:36 PM
    Get over your Kool Aid comments. What are you, 12? Smh. I never once said it wasn't an issue for some folks. There is a problem with the battery life, I offered a solution that's the easiest fix. I have a Galaxy Note II, I have an iPhone 5.. neither of which last a full day either on LTE in my use case. The iPhone 5 being the worst offender, I can literally watch the % drop as I use it and I have unsaturated Rogers LTE coverage.
    You didn't offer any fix, just a silly comment about walking around with extra batteries in our pockets... "What are you, 12? Smh" FWIW it's barely even a workaround because most people won't put up with a phone that's still buggy AND cannot even get through us a day of normal use.
    It's better to knock the mfr early on for serious issues like this and have them fix it ASAP then let it go like this for months, only to lose the credibility and fail,
    Last edited by szlevi; 05-28-13 at 06:51 PM.
    05-28-13 06:38 PM
    I had the same issue when I upgraded OS to 2342. 6 hours at work with it trying to grab a wi-fi signal and the battery was dead. I flashed it with the 2009 radio file (1917) and today the same situation left me with 60%. I also checked Internet speed at home and it was much faster than native radio file in 2342.

The radio file upgrade info is available here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-3-4-a-811099/
    SImilar story here, check the 2342 thread, I'm ******** there for 2 days now but since I've downgraded the radio to 1721 and with light use I'm approaching the 12th hour since ~8AM when I took it off the charger today morning.

Here:
    05-28-13 06:50 PM
    You didn't offer any fix, just a silly comment about walking around with extra batteries in our pockets... "What are you, 12? Smh" FWIW it's barely even a workaround because most people won't put up with a phone that's still buggy AND cannot even get through us a day of normal use.
    It's better to knock the mfr early on for serious issues like this and have them fix it ASAP then let it go like this for months, only to lose the credibility and fail,
    Dude, if it's such a problem, complain to BBRY. An extra battery is the fix for a full days use right now. Point blank. Have a nice day.

Via CB 10 on my T-Mobile Z10
    05-28-13 06:56 PM
    I've had the phone for a few months now (purchased a few weeks after release) and the battery life seems to have improved after a few weeks of settling in operation. I initially got maybe 6 hours the first few weeks. It got better and now pretty good. I can get over 12 hours, no problems, with moderate phone usage, emails on, in vibrate mode, with display at 50%.

I unplugged today at 7:30 & it's now 5 and I'm still at 77%!
    05-28-13 07:04 PM
    Dude, if it's such a problem, complain to BBRY.
    "Dude", newsflash: that's what we're doing here.

An extra battery is the fix for a full days use right now. Point blank. Have a nice day.

Err no, it's not. It's a workaround for people willing to carry them in their pocket, let alone taking it silently from BB... speak up or at least stop attacking us, people willing to speak up.
    05-28-13 07:09 PM
    I've had the phone for a few months now (purchased a few weeks after release) and the battery life seems to have improved after a few weeks of settling in operation. I initially got maybe 6 hours the first few weeks. It got better and now pretty good. I can get over 12 hours, no problems, with moderate phone usage, emails on, in vibrate mode, with display at 50%.

I unplugged today at 7:30 & it's now 5 and I'm still at 77%!
    Which OS, which radio, may I ask?
    05-28-13 07:10 PM
    14-19 hrs on a regular basis here.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 07:55 PM
    "Dude", newsflash: that's what we're doing here.

Err no, it's not. It's a workaround for people willing to carry them in their pocket, let alone taking it silently from BB... speak up or at least stop attacking us, people willing to speak up.
    Newsflash, you're complaining to CrackBerry, not BlackBerry.

Be grateful. iPhone users are stuck with one battery. At least we have the option of a spare. If they didn't put a bigger battery there is a reason behind that decision. So you're speaking up about something that's not gonna change. You would either have to buy a spare battery, extended battery or a whole new device with the battery improvements. So at the end of the day you're spending money.

Signhere likes this.
    05-28-13 08:43 PM
    Hi there! I just bought this: BlackBerry Leather Pocket Pouch for Z10 | BlackBerry Leather Cases | ShopCrackBerry

It helped the battery for about 25%! really good! although the battery bundle I also ordered. Always ready for the go!
    05-28-13 10:51 PM
    It most definitely does exist. You first obtain the demographic data. You then distribute the devices in close proportion to the demographic that are testing the devices. You then obtain the data. You will get the mean, median, and mode rather easily. The variables are accounted for. It doesn't matter what each user does with his phone, the statistical data will still be plotted and available to determine a value for "average" use.

I'm an Analyst with a background in Mechanical Engineering. Trust me when I tell you that just because there are many variables, it doesn't mean you cannot derive data from it. Because you most definitely can. There is always data.
    Considering the things that affect battery drain, you'd need a sample size of basically every smartphone user on the planet to get a decent data set. You should know the difference between being theoretically able to get what you need and being able to do so practically.

I'll concede that in theory it's possible, but in the real world, getting that much data from enough users is highly unlikely.
    05-28-13 11:12 PM
    At the end of the day BlackBerry makes other products (cases, battery bundles, etc.). It's strategy. The case offers better battery life. Battery bundles for power users. It's business.

quangtran1 likes this.
    05-28-13 11:36 PM
156 12345 ...