Can those of you using an unlocked RFF91LW Z10 on the Wind Mobile network comment on the battery life you're getting? I'm only getting about 6 hours battery life with two different batteries, so I'm wondering if this might be due to the conflicting bands used by my Koodo-purchased Z10, or if I have a defective unit. I'm in Peterborough, ON and the speed options I'm offered are 4G + 3G or 4G + 3G + 2G, I'm currently using the first option but have tried both.
    03-08-13 11:49 AM
    What else are you using? Do you have nfc on, blue tooth and wifi all on at the same time?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 11:51 AM
    No, I've gone through all the battery maximizing steps, I have everything off except for the cellular network and I'm not running apps yet still only getting 6-7 hours.
    03-08-13 12:03 PM
    Let me know how you fair. I'm in Peterborough as well but using a Rogers Z10 on Rogers.

I do have a Wind SIM that I was doing some testing with in January but I haven't unlocked this Z10 yet so I have not tried Wind on it.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 08:23 PM
    did you just get the phone? First week is horrid, allow at least a week for it to settle down
    03-08-13 08:26 PM
    i got a rogers ver 91 using on wind 4G. had it 2 weeks now...no way u should be getting 6 or 7 hours.

I take my phone off the charger at 5am..music for 30min...use it for 45min(mix ofemail,apps, text,bbm, few min of video or on lunch),etc) between 6am-2pm......music 30min .

The from there might be a few calls....bbm text. might stream some gamecenter, use it for vlc remote. or play a few games for a bit.

im not a super heavy use by all means. but if I use it moderately on one day....by 8,9 10 lets say id prolly have 30% battery left or in that range

all depends what your doing really and how long

maybe you have a weak signal and its always searching?? that kills the batt fast
    03-08-13 08:45 PM
    Hi there I have the same model as yours (RFF91LW) and it was factory unlocked and yes I'm on Wind as well. Back then the battery lasted me about 5-6 hrs too but I used my brother's Fido SIM card and got the update. With moderate use from 8am to 10pm with low brightness, the phone still has about 20% of juice left when I get home. A full 8 hours at work with little usage still leaves me with around 80% remaining. So if you have a friend who uses Rogers Telus or Bell (I think they've already rolled out the update), borrow their SIM card and get the update otherwise I think it'll take Wind forever to push out the update

Most importantly try to turn off data services when wifi is available because that's going to save you a lot of juice on the battery. Gosh I didn't like to write so many words on a full touch device but it's a different feeling with the Z10 lol.

Like the reply above said, it depends on the area too so if an area has really weak signal it will drain the battery fast because it's always trying to pull the connection.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by nhanken; 03-08-13 at 09:30 PM.
    03-08-13 09:07 PM
    After doing a complete wipe of my device, my phone now seems to be essentially losing no power while idle, so I'm hoping I've resolved the problem. I'll keep updating this thread with my results.
    03-08-13 10:14 PM
    Well after wiping it and starting anew and more cautious of what uses power, my phone has been on a single charge for more than 48 hours now, it's just now at 0% but not even shutting off yet. Granted this is with only one ActiveSync account and Twitter enabled, and with limited usage, mostly just a few phone calls and texts. Still, I had the Wifi and Bluetooth on for much of this time, the power usage when idle is awesome. I'm impressed, now let's see how it fares when I add LinkedIn and more email accounts.
    03-11-13 11:29 AM
    Winds already pushed the update quite a few days ago. I have it running on mine

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 12:12 PM
    You sure it's the latest one? I'm getting mine tomorrow and I'm really hoping they have the latest update available.
    03-14-13 03:56 PM