I am still finding my battery life is poor. This is the seond battery I have tried having taken the previous one back because it wouldn't charge at all. At the moment, I charge it from dead overnight. It is turned on around 8am. It very rarely lasts past 5pm. I use it for calls, texts and emails and little else. Maybe the occasional internet browse. I daren't even think about accessing all the other available apps etc as I rely on my phone for work and even less battery time would cause me serious problems. I as a hopeful when I completed the update as i suggested it would improve the battery life. But it hasn't. Any suggestions Should I be looking for a replacement battery. Thanks
    03-15-13 06:36 AM
    Switch of the "Use push if available" setting in your email accounts on the phone and see if it improves the battery life. Made mine a little better.
    03-15-13 06:38 AM
    I use my phone for a lot. Mostly twitter, than often clicking on links to read news and such I find on twitter. My battery has not improved after the update. I have my brightness as low as it can go. I don't use LTE. And I use a power saving case whenever I'm not on it. But I think the combination of the power and the screen size ect, battery just isn't going to be great compared to say a 9780. It will be like this on every smart phone unless it is just not used.
    03-15-13 07:50 AM
    I have read some of the members saying that a new lithium battery gets better after a few cycles of recharging. Pointer is never to let it run dry before recharging.
    03-15-13 07:54 AM
    I have read some of the members saying that a new lithium battery gets better after a few cycles of recharging. Pointer is never to let it run dry before recharging.
    It does, takes some time though, before it breaks through though

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 07:57 AM
    You could buy Battery Guru in BlackBerry World and do some self diagnosis. It would help you figure out just how close to 0 watts your phone is using when it's idle. It would also help you identify what your biggest power sucking apps/activities are.

At 9 hours of usage you aren't doing horribly, but it's not as long as most of us would like to get... especially coming from older BBOS devices.
    03-15-13 08:22 AM
    As Philip suggested, I recommend downloading Battery Guru as well.

Just a few quick questions:

Do you have wireless enabled? Bluetooth? NFC? LTE?
    You may want to consider disabling LTE if you don't need the speed boost (it sounds like you don't)
    Are you paired with a PlayBook?
    Are you using Dropbox/Box syncing?
    Do you leave apps running in the background?
    03-15-13 08:36 AM
    Do you leave apps running in the background?
    What do you mean by leave apps running in the background? As in have active frames open or can apps continue to run after you close there active frames?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 10:45 AM
    Try Charging it in a different location. I found sometimes the way it charges from a source can be the problem. The actually charger can also be problematic. If i use my Playbook charger to charge any phone, generally the phone drains faster so i avoid using that one for my phones.
    03-15-13 10:58 AM
    What do you mean by leave apps running in the background? As in have active frames open or can apps continue to run after you close there active frames?

Posted via CB10
    Active frames, sorry for not clarifying.
    03-15-13 11:02 AM