Hi guys, I'm currently running 10.1.4537 OS with 10.1.4538 radio. The phone cannot last me a day (12 hrs ish) with little moderate usage. Lend it to my friend who works at BlackBerry to test it out, and he says it can stand by for 40 hrs with Facebook and cb10 running in active frame. He only did a security wipe. When I got it back, I did a security wipe as well, but saw no improvement. We are both using 4G but he is with Telus and I'm with Rogers. I'm sure I'm using all the battery tips (minimal brightness, blue tooth off, exit apps when not using, etc).

So my question is, why am I getting half the battery life he had using the same device? It couldn't be a carrier issue could it? I'm getting full receptions too.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 11:06 AM
    It might be he doesnt use it nearly as much as you but it could be the difference in carriers and signal quality too. I would see if you can try it on telus for a day somehow and see what difference you get.
    07-17-13 11:34 AM
    Check your sync settings (email accounts) If you have your phone set to sync each account every 30 minutes and are in a poor signal area you will eat up battery. I sync all mine except one, every 24 hours....
    LtHavoc21 likes this.
    07-17-13 12:01 PM
    Hi guys, I'm currently running 10.1.4537 OS with 10.1.4538 radio. The phone cannot last me a day (12 hrs ish) with little moderate usage. Lend it to my friend who works at BlackBerry to test it out, and he says it can stand by for 40 hrs with Facebook and cb10 running in active frame. He only did a security wipe. When I got it back, I did a security wipe as well, but saw no improvement. We are both using 4G but he is with Telus and I'm with Rogers. I'm sure I'm using all the battery tips (minimal brightness, blue tooth off, exit apps when not using, etc).

So my question is, why am I getting half the battery life he had using the same device? It couldn't be a carrier issue could it? I'm getting full receptions too.

Posted via CB10
    I am on Telus and I have the same problem. I did a security wipe which improved the battery life from @6 to @36 hours. That bliss last 1 week then back to the battery drain. It is not the battery as I have 2 and they both perform the same way. I have done additional wipes but it isn't helping anymore. I have even run the phone on airplane mode and it continues to drain so that eliminates a lot of speculations. Looking more and more like a hardware problem so it is going to Blackberry for service.
    07-17-13 02:09 PM
    Check your sync settings (email accounts) If you have your phone set to sync each account every 30 minutes and are in a poor signal area you will eat up battery. I sync all mine except one, every 24 hours....
    Trying that now. One of mine was set for 5 mins, the other at 15 and I don't have the best signal at work at times. I'll report back my findings after tomorrow's work day. Thanks

Posted with my weapon of choice, Z10.
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    07-18-13 03:56 AM
    Alright so results time. I didn't see a substantial difference in battery level yesterday in the 95 degree heat here in Chicago. The battery drained just as much but here's where it gets interesting.

Today ( Saturday), I got far less e-mails. And I have a ton more battery life. 53% left after the workday to be exact. Yesterday, I hit 20% by the end. To add to that, we peaked at a lower 83 degree heat and I know heat causes a battery to use more energy.

I guess I'll have to wait until fall to accurately gauge the usage but thanks for the tips.

Posted with my weapon of choice, Z10.
    07-20-13 04:33 PM