Thought I'd go for the new leak. Love the device monitor, but 16hrs in a Z10?! Did make me laugh...
    Battery life chuckle-img_00002116.png

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 05:38 PM
    I can tell you after the z10 get settle down with the changes, i get surprise of the battery porcentaje that I�m receiving, better than expect it, hope to keep like that, remember also depends on how far you will take your device
    11-20-13 05:41 PM
    Battery has been a disappointment for me. I carry 3 spares and go through usually 2 spares per day.

Posted by Dr. Emmett Brown from my Google iBerry Cranial Implant
    Stwutter likes this.
    11-20-13 05:59 PM
    I can tell you after the z10 get settle down with the changes, i get surprise of the battery porcentaje that I�m receiving, better than expect it, hope to keep like that, remember also depends on how far you will take your device
    Well, I've been using the Z since February, and have never got even close to 16hrs. I carry 4 spares (admittedly that's a touch overkill!). I think with light usage, the most I've got was about 11hrs, and that was once when I literally looked at my phone about 3 times and made 2 short calls. If I charged it and let in untouched, 16 hours would be a struggle. I guess that's what the device monitor assumes tho - an absolute maximum. No idea.

Having said all of that, I'd still have a swappable rubbish battery over the brilliant ones in the Q or the Z30... just like the option and peace of mind.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 05:59 PM
    I'd be dissapointed with only 16 hours remaining as well. I can't remember getting that little - granted I've only had the phone for about 3 weeks. I've been hammering it pretty hard today - lots of calls/emails, and a friend at work wants to get one, so I showed him the Z at lunch (web/music/camera/videos/games etc). Only been off the charger 8 hours and its already down to 61% (at the current rate that should be about 16hrs to 20%).

Oh well, still better than the iDevices the other guys have here - they need to charge through the day
    11-20-13 09:49 PM
    Battery has been a disappointment for me. I carry 3 spares and go through usually 2 spares per day.

I had the same issue with 2 different 9900's, always carried two extra batteries and went thru all 3 by the end of the day. The Q10 is the complete opposite! Cant drain one battery in a full day and I am a power user! Wasted my money on the battery bundle as I never had an emergency since May. Sorry to hijack a Z thread but even with all the leaks, battery life is great now with my Q! Highly recommend the Q10

Q10 running10.2.1.1055 leak and loving it!
    11-20-13 09:54 PM
    This is one of the reasons why I held off on the Z10 and got the Q10 instead.

I got sick and tired of having to carry around a spare with my 9900.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    11-20-13 11:10 PM
    These bad battery stories are so surprising to me. Do you people talk care of your battery health? Let it fully charge, don't take it off the charger after 20 minutes, etc.

My battery lasts me about 24 hours on normal usage, however I'd love for it to be longer

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 11:19 PM
    I don't miss my z10 as this was one of my primary problem. My battery life extended from 8 hours to close to 16-17 hours with my z30.

Proud owner of Q10, Z10 and Z30
    11-20-13 11:39 PM
    No spare battery for me. My Z10 is always plugged in at the office.
    11-20-13 11:43 PM
    In all seriousness, if you look at lab tests of battery life (eg. gsmarena) you get the following:

Z30: talk 23:19, web 7:34, video 10:35 rating: 52 hours
    Z10: talk 8:20, web 6:27, video 8:44 rating 46 hours

Now the talk time is just crazy on the Z30, but when you are using the thing (web/video) it is a different story

the battery is 2880mAh in the 30, and 1800 in the 10. This is an increase of 60%. You get 17% more web browsing and 21% more video watching. This says that the 10 is more efficient. The hourly rating is based on very light use - 1 hour call, 1 hour web, 1 hour video. You should last almost 2 days on a 10, and just over 2 on a 30. Anyone claiming 6-8 hours life is constantly on the net, or watching something. 16 hours should be the norm, not an exception (assuming you put the phone down sometimes
    11-21-13 12:16 AM
    In all seriousness, if you look at lab tests of battery life (eg. gsmarena) you get the following:

Now the talk time is just crazy on the Z30, but when you are using the thing (web/video) it is a different story

the battery is 2880mAh in the 30, and 1800 in the 10. This is an increase of 60%. You get 17% more web browsing and 21% more video watching. This says that the 10 is more efficient. The hourly rating is based on very light use - 1 hour call, 1 hour web, 1 hour video. You should last almost 2 days on a 10, and just over 2 on a 30. Anyone claiming 6-8 hours life is constantly on the net, or watching something. 16 hours should be the norm, not an exception (assuming you put the phone down sometimes
    I'll be the first to admit that I've been running my life on blackberry since big blue, the cutting edge in its day. I'd say that the 9700 and then the 9780 for me were both legendary battery wise. I had spares but never really needed them. I am a power user. It really isn't about Web or video. It's about when the screen is active. Believe me if your pushing out emails constantly and the screen is live, you're blowing through the power. Anyway I carry a pocket full of batteries and I plug in when driving and when in the office. I'm very often conferencing on it while answering texts and emails during the calls. I tend to use all of the technology that's in my pocket. It is what it is. I have negative things to say about the Z10 and positive things as well.

11-21-13 12:32 AM

When I'm in a conference call while running Web in the back, and opening recipient files and sending files for a hour or 2, my battery is at least half way dead. Z30 still has good 75% left still.

I find the battery difference huge from z10 and z30

Proud owner of Q10, Z10 and Z30
    11-21-13 12:34 AM
    Anyone claiming 6-8 hours life is constantly on the net, or watching something. 16 hours should be the norm, not an exception (assuming you put the phone down sometimes
    A nice thorough post, but you can't claim this as fact. The many threads and postd about the Z10 battery life suggest otherwise, regardless of lab tests.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 12:39 AM
    I'd be dissapointed with only 16 hours remaining as well. I can't remember getting that little - granted I've only had the phone for about 3 weeks. I've been hammering it pretty hard today - lots of calls/emails, and a friend at work wants to get one, so I showed him the Z at lunch (web/music/camera/videos/games etc). Only been off the charger 8 hours and its already down to 61% (at the current rate that should be about 16hrs to 20%).

Oh well, still better than the iDevices the other guys have here - they need to charge through the day
    Boom boom.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 12:39 AM
    I'll be the first to admit that I've been running my life on blackberry since big blue, the cutting edge in its day. I'd say that the 9700 and then the 9780 for me were both legendary battery wise. I had spares but never really needed them. I am a power user. It really isn't about Web or video. It's about when the screen is active. Believe me if your pushing out emails constantly and the screen is live, you're blowing through the power. Anyway I carry a pocket full of batteries and I plug in when driving and when in the office. I'm very often conferencing on it while answering texts and emails during the calls. I tend to use all of the technology that's in my pocket. It is what it is. I have negative things to say about the Z10 and positive things as well.

I can push out messages all day without worrying about battery life. It's the entertainment side trips that do my battery in. Two shots below - you can easily see where Candy Crush takes a toll.

Edit: today probably isn't the best example, it was beyond slow.

Battery life chuckle-img_00001091.png
    Battery life chuckle-img_00001092.png

Posted from CB10 Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1055
    11-21-13 12:48 AM
    Anyone claiming 6-8 hours life is constantly on the net, or watching something. 16 hours should be the norm, not an exception (assuming you put the phone down sometimes
    I do not get a working day out of my battery with very little use.
    Today is better than usual but I have 4 hours 40 mins left [49%] at 1.43 in the afternoon, Today I have had a 65 minute BBM chat and received 2 emails, it is saddening that I can not use my Z10 as my major communication device it is such a shame because its a good phone.
    11-21-13 12:57 AM
    10.2 made the Z10 totally different, big positive efficiency increase. I understand Z30 is better as it has got more power in the battery, but now it's super with Z10 as well, unbelievable
    11-21-13 03:38 AM
    10.2 made the Z10 totally different, big positive efficiency increase.
    Pity about the problems that came with it though especially with the camera.

ON THE BATTERY

Having conducted a totally unscientific experiment it apears signal strength and wifi are big factors in this, I have at this location terrible signal but have been to a area of good signal etc and battery deteriation has been a lot less.

Purely out of personal interest I am going to makes some observations about this because I will be in a different country on each of the next 3 weeks.
    Not that it will do any good because I will invariably loose the data.
    11-21-13 04:16 AM
    Today is better than usual but I have 4 hours 40 mins left [49%] at 1.43 in the afternoon, Today I have had a 65 minute BBM chat and received 2 emails, it is saddening that I can not use my Z10 as my major communication device it is such a shame because its a good phone.
    True, but you can with spare batteries...
    11-21-13 05:29 AM
    These bad battery stories are so surprising to me. Do you people talk care of your battery health? Let it fully charge, don't take it off the charger after 20 minutes, etc.

My battery lasts me about 24 hours on normal usage, however I'd love for it to be longer

Posted via CB10
    I take care of it, yes. I also make sure my screen brightness is not too high, I don't leave un-used apps open, wifi is off when not required, etc etc blah blah. At the end of the day, smart phones are there to be used. I'm not for one moment knocking anyone who finds their Z10 battery life to be spectacularly better than mine - good luck to them - but this whole 'don't do this', and 'mustn't use that' idea with a phone is madness in 2013. It's not unreasonable to use a phone to a reasonable level, and expect to see most of the working day thru on one charge if required.
    11-21-13 05:33 AM
    were you connected to mobile network or wifi during the 65 min BBM call?
    12-04-13 01:53 PM
    Were you connected to wifi or mobile network during the 65 min BBM call? Mobile network is far more expensive than wifi. Also, display has a big impact on battery too. So, 1+ hour with screen on using radio is expected to drain your battery quite a lot.
    12-04-13 01:56 PM
    Pity about the problems that came with it though especially with the camera.

ON THE BATTERY

Having conducted a totally unscientific experiment it apears signal strength and wifi are big factors in this, I have at this location terrible signal but have been to a area of good signal etc and battery deteriation has been a lot less.

Purely out of personal interest I am going to makes some observations about this because I will be in a different country on each of the next 3 weeks.
    Not that it will do any good because I will invariably loose the data.
    An area with bad coverage will surely drain your battery faster because the modem will be performing cell reselections. Unfortunately there is not much you can do about it.
    12-04-13 01:59 PM
    Yea when I'm in bad coverage the phone gets quite warm. Wonder if BlackBerry could fix it with a sw update or an option to poll for network less often if it's lost that you can enable.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 02:04 PM
48 12