All I have to say is wow! My battery life has gone from 100% to 85% in 5.5 hours. This is with me occasionally checking emails, texts, weather etc. It used to go down 50% in that same time frame before the OS update.
    02-28-13 09:32 PM
    I had an issue where I would just put my BlackBerry in bedside mode and it had 82% at midnight. The next morning at 7 it was down to 54%. This was with the orange clock faintly on. It shouldn't leak that amount in 7 hours. I will see what it is like after the update.
    Miss the setting where you could turn the phone off between certain hours.
    02-28-13 09:44 PM
    Yeah I am really noticing a big improvement too. This is probably the best upgrade in overall performance I have gotten from an Os update from blackberry ever.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 09:50 PM
    Yes, I'm at work coming to the end of my shift and previously I would be getting down to the 20% warning. Sitting at 60% as I post this.
    02-28-13 09:52 PM
    I had an issue where I would just put my BlackBerry in bedside mode and it had 82% at midnight. The next morning at 7 it was down to 54%. This was with the orange clock faintly on. It shouldn't leak that amount in 7 hours. I will see what it is like after the update.
    I find that hard to believe, but if true, that is AMAZING screen on time. You do realize that it's an LCD panel, right? Meaning the back light is still on (albeit dim), even though most of it is black. How is that "Leaking" battery? How much do you suspect it should consume to run a 4.2" screen for 7 hours? 1%? Lol
    02-28-13 09:53 PM
    Man... am i eager to get this update now!
    02-28-13 09:53 PM
    U guys on LTE when u report this battery life increase or 4G

Posted via CB10
    michaelxyq likes this.
    02-28-13 09:56 PM
    Even though I don't own a Z10 yet, this is very good news. It will only get better. Go BlackBerry....
    02-28-13 09:57 PM
    Recharged at 3 and still at 85 percent at 11.

Posted via CB10
    meganVee likes this.
    02-28-13 09:57 PM
    Recharged at 3 and still at 85 percent at 11.

Posted via CB10
    Your avatar looks angry but I bet your pretty happy!
    joski, meganVee and anon(1152406) like this.
    02-28-13 11:26 PM
    Charged at 3pm now 1140, and at 75%!

Posted via CB10
    jarrodmeyer likes this.
    03-01-13 01:28 AM
    I find that hard to believe, but if true, that is AMAZING screen on time. You do realize that it's an LCD panel, right? Meaning the back light is still on (albeit dim), even though most of it is black. How is that "Leaking" battery? How much do you suspect it should consume to run a 4.2" screen for 7 hours? 1%? Lol
    Yeah, this isn't an AMOLED. I don't know why he wouldn't just have the phone plugged in overnight when using bedside mode...
    03-01-13 01:56 AM
    I had an issue where I would just put my BlackBerry in bedside mode and it had 82% at midnight. The next morning at 7 it was down to 54%. This was with the orange clock faintly on. It shouldn't leak that amount in 7 hours. .
    AFAIK, bedside mode was always designed to be used while the device was plugged-in, typically in one of their docks. You can't expect to run an LCD backlight all night without a pretty big power drain.
    03-01-13 02:58 AM
    I was worried when I went sleep with 35% battery left. Woke up this morning to 30% left... This is a huge difference. Battery life is no longer a concern of mine.

Posted via CB10
    ak_fraser1 and Jake2826 like this.
    03-01-13 06:40 AM
    Good news for us, bad news for media naysayers
    03-01-13 06:47 AM
    You're holding it wrong!!! LMAO

You do realize that bedside mode is meant to keep your screen on all the time, so of course it will drain the battery.. Wow, ok, bedside mode is supposed to be used as an alarm clock idea, but because the LCD stays on, it's meant to be plugged in and charging. Wow oh WOW!!!
    semperfi45 likes this.
    03-01-13 06:58 AM
    This sounds good! Can't wait till we get the update in the UK. Don't see why we need carrier approval, so annoying just let BlackBerry push them like the PlayBook!

Posted via CB10
    scrapmetal58 and HellasV like this.
    03-01-13 07:05 AM
    More I read I'm looking forward to it coming out on bell

Posted via CB10
    dalight13, whitbags and jsamson77 like this.
    03-01-13 07:09 AM
    U guys on LTE when u report this battery life increase or 4G

Posted via CB10
    Yes LTE. I also leave Bluetooth and NFC on (not sure why because I don't use NFC). I went to sleep for 8 hours. Battery only went down 5%.
    Last edited by Mister Sir; 03-01-13 at 08:18 AM. Reason: poor spelling
    whitbags likes this.
    03-01-13 07:17 AM
    The more I read the more I freak out.... if any canadian or Austrian or from-whatever-country is coming by to Athens Greece soon, I ll invite dinner just for a quick squeeze of their sim card in my phone to update lol!!!

Can someone please tell me if they notice how downloading attachments works on POP accounts? does it still auto download the attachments as soon as the message is received? (this happens in POP accounts only, not gmail etc). Please let me know if you can. (the dinner thing is not such a joke eh... lol).

Thanks!
    BlackQtCoder likes this.
    03-01-13 07:51 AM
    How do you get your bedside mode to stay on when not charging? Mine dims if not plugged in.

Posted via CB10
    tmaier and Superfly_FR like this.
    03-01-13 08:08 AM
    It makes sense as it's one of the Top 5 Improvements that BlackBerry listed:

BlackBerry 10 software updated to 10.0.10.85: Top 5 Improvements �Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog

Today we issued a software update for BlackBerry 10 smartphones that’s focused on your feedback. It’s already available from some carriers and we’re working closely with all our carrier partners to get it to you as soon as possible.

It’s almost been a month since we officially unveiled the new BlackBerry 10 smartphones and many of you already have a BlackBerry Z10 in hand. You’ve been using it for weeks, and we’ve been listening to your feedback, and have been working on an update just for you. Here are just a few of the improvements you can expect after updating your software.

3rd Party App Performance

We’ve improved performance for 3rd party applications, so developers can build apps that run fast and smooth for you. With this update, you might want to keep an eye out for some fresh new app launches in March, like WhatsApp.

Phone, Calendar, and Contacts

Among the top improvements and features are fixes for Gmail calendars on BlackBerry 10. You’ll also find improvements in the BlackBerry Hub for logging calls log and how conversations are handled. We’ve also made general improvements to importing contacts from online sources.

Camera

We’ve optimized the camera for better photos in low-light situations. You’ll love the difference this makes for photos where you don’t use a flash – like the Time Shift Camera feature.

Browser and Media

With more and more of you using the gorgeous screen on the BlackBerry Z10 to consume online videos and media, we’ve made a number of improvements to the software in the way the browser handles video playback to provide a fantastic experience.

Battery Life

The software team has included a number of battery life optimizations with over 60 battery saving improvements since launch to keep you moving. These combined improvements are designed so that you see improvements in battery life and heavy users especially should see a longer average usage per charge cycle.
    EsJayDee, kbz1960 and Scooby6 like this.
    03-01-13 09:07 AM
    I'm on hour 5 off the charger and I'm sitting at 90% that's an amazing boost for me. Bravo BBRY!
    03-01-13 09:32 AM
    Agreed. Battery life is now outstanding. I'm so happy about this.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 09:33 AM
    It's funny how so many people were joking on the general OS update thread about "now my battery lasts for days" and such, because it's become pretty much a meme these days, whenever an OS update or leak comes out, everyone claims "OMFG, battery life is so amazing..." when it's oftentimes more like a placebo effect.

Looks like this time the exception proved the rule.
    03-01-13 09:38 AM
365 123 ...