Has anyone else getting only an hour or 2 of battery life? That with texting internet and pic taking. Seems like just to unplug it makes the battery go down. Am i doing something wrong here?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by axleberry; 05-07-13 at 10:56 AM.
    05-07-13 10:44 AM
    no problems for me

I would do a backup and try a security wipe maybe. Sucks i know but sometimes starting fresh is the only solution
    05-07-13 10:52 AM
    Damn I need to get better at typing on this phone haha that and proof reading before sending.
    I have wiped the phone and started from scratch and still have the draining battery issue

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 10:55 AM
    That sounds very wrong - unless you are currently synchronising new emails and draining at around 2W...

Get battery guru to obtain an idea of the drain speed and i would second the idea of wiping - reload the OS as well maybe.

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 likes this.
    05-07-13 10:58 AM
    Yeah for the Toronto Blue Jays batter life on the plate is about 4 pitches...

Posted via CB10
    axleberry likes this.
    05-07-13 11:05 AM
    Are you restoring from Link after the security wipe/did you start using Google phone from a backup of the legacy os phone's? If you did that may be the problem. After a security wipe, don't restore anything and try to start fresh with just all your email accounts and bbm.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 11:36 AM
    Sorry i don't know how the world Google got there. I meant "Your" phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 11:38 AM
    How don't I get my contacts back if I wipe and start new? I'd have to restore them right?

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 05:24 PM
    How do i*

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 05:25 PM
    Has anyone else getting only an hour or 2 of battery life? That with texting internet and pic taking. Seems like just to unplug it makes the battery go down. Am i doing something wrong here?

Posted via CB10
    First thing I ask when I hear battery issues.... what OS version you on? They are like a hundred threads about this.

Not trying to be an *** but this app has a search feature!

Posted Via CB10 Z10
    05-07-13 05:41 PM
    First thing I ask when I hear battery issues.... what OS version you on? They are like a hundred threads about this.

Not trying to be an *** but this app has a search feature!

Posted Via CB10 Z10

Posted Via CB10 Z10
    05-07-13 05:42 PM
    2 hours? That seems way too short to be rectified by optional optimizations.

When did you get your phone? And what is your signal strength like (Wifi or mobile network)?
    05-07-13 05:58 PM
    Save your contacts to your sim. You may lose email addresses but not everything. If you wipe restore and are still having the drain issue then it's likely a soft ware issue. If after an os reinstall without restore nothing changes then it may be hardware. Buy battery guru - it will make solving your battery drain issue much simpler.

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 likes this.
    05-07-13 06:02 PM
    My battery life was about five hours when I first got my Zed... first leak gave me five after a fresh install and a fresh install after the last leak has made it four hours with nothing running and maybe a five minute call. I just went ahead and had T-Mobile send me a new battery. Hopefully that will fix mine as I've adjusted setting tried just having it in airplane mode all to no avail...

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 06:18 PM
    After doing a full over night charge, as soon as I took it off charge battery was at 95% already? How can that be?

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 12:28 AM
    After doing a full over night charge, as soon as I took it off charge battery was at 95% already? How can that be?

Posted via CB10
    the os value in settings>about>hardware doesn't show 1% increments. but yes, it's normal. it will discharge a bit even though the charger is plugged in. on my old android it would go through a discharge and charge cycle once it reached full to preserve the battery life and prevent overcharging.
    05-09-13 01:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    I often get 2-4 hrs per battery... I have the charger pack thankfully!

I'm almost exclusively in one wifi zone 24 hrs a day & find it super frustrating sometimes! Probably never got more than 8ish hours... Def use the phone lots, but their must be something amiss, because it's extremely bad.

I still love the phone though... & just assume it will correct with 10.1... I hope!

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 01:35 AM
    I often get 2-4 hrs per battery... I have the charger pack thankfully!

I'm almost exclusively in one wifi zone 24 hrs a day & find it super frustrating sometimes! Probably never got more than 8ish hours... Def use the phone lots, but their must be something amiss, because it's extremely bad.

I still love the phone though... & just assume it will correct with 10.1... I hope!

Posted via CB10
    Yes, something is definitely a miss there.
    Unless you Ar el laying a game for two hours.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 04:01 AM
    There is nothing amiss, bb have put a small 1800 mah battery in the z10 , they should have put at least a 2300 mah battery in . I feel they have done this to keep the device slim and stylish .they have put design first and functionality has taken a back seat . Maybe they didn't do enough research of battery life .
    I am sick of being told by smug crackberry forum members to ....turn off wifi,,,,security wipe device ,uninstall apps , turn down screen brightness ,the list goes on ,...
    THIS IS A HIGH END DEVICE ,COST 450 or $500 , I EXPECT BETTER .......
    05-09-13 07:12 AM
    Sorry i don't know how the world Google got there. I meant "Your" phone.

Posted via CB10
    See, google's got their tentacles everywhere ;-)
    05-09-13 07:26 AM
    There is nothing amiss, bb have put a small 1800 mah battery in the z10 , they should have put at least a 2300 mah battery in . I feel they have done this to keep the device slim and stylish .they have put design first and functionality has taken a back seat . Maybe they didn't do enough research of battery life .
    I am sick of being told by smug crackberry forum members to ....turn off wifi,,,,security wipe device ,uninstall apps , turn down screen brightness ,the list goes on ,...
    THIS IS A HIGH END DEVICE ,COST 450 or $500 , I EXPECT BETTER .......
    If you have an actual battery draining issue, wiping the phone is one attempt at resolving it besides switching the battery out. In practice one should be able to get a days worth of battery life out of the battery - but there are many aspects that influence battery life, such as a weak signal for example.

My train journey can easily siphon off 20-30% of battery power because the Z10 holds on to the signal.

Would a bigger battery be better - yes, BUT if battery life is very bad your phone has some sort of issue.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 09:52 AM