Just gotta have the right battery

Attachment 249049
    It's a Z30. We are talking about Z10

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 11:26 AM
    My brother is getting 3 days out of his Z10 only becausehe doesn't use anything and I mean nothing, just a few phone calls a day, maybe a couple of texts. no BBM, emails, wifi or apps. he is on the last update.
    02-19-14 11:28 AM
    Ok... so i just had him send me screen shots.....

He is running LTE and data connection with email

It was fully charged this morning (status shows since last charge) and i told him to not charge it until he lets me know... he has NO REASON to BS me or trick me..... there has to be a reason this is going on that has to do with settings.

Here are screen shots of his screen, pic of battery in the device and screen shots of his status

He will be sending a new screen shot each morning until the battery needs charging again
    Looks like normal drain to me. Tell him to use it and then send a screen shot

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 11:28 AM
    My brother is getting 3 days out of his Z10 only becausehe doesn't use anything and I mean nothing, just a few phone calls a day, maybe a couple of texts. no BBM, emails, wifi or apps. he is on the last update.
    Have to wonder why he doesn't save money and get a flip phone.
    02-19-14 11:46 AM
    To all the naysayers..... trust me... i get how this is hard to understand... that is why i am posting about this cause i can not figure it out
    Check out the status now.... yesterday it said 23 hours remaining at 73% and today...... 3 days remaining!!!
    I really think it is a Z30... not a Z10?
    02-19-14 11:49 AM
    It's a Z30. We are talking about Z10

Posted via CB10
    The Z30 has dark theme, chaps. He has am extended battery for his Z10.

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    02-19-14 11:51 AM
    Ok... so i just had him send me screen shots.....

He is running LTE and data connection with email

It was fully charged this morning (status shows since last charge) and i told him to not charge it until he lets me know... he has NO REASON to BS me or trick me..... there has to be a reason this is going on that has to do with settings.

Here are screen shots of his screen, pic of battery in the device and screen shots of his status

He will be sending a new screen shot each morning until the battery needs charging again
    It's not a Z30... Look at the photos that have been posted before... Z10 with its standard battery!

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.537
    02-19-14 12:06 PM
    He got it as a gift on release and doesn't care much for it. but I do agree, can't remember how many plans I made to convince him to take my legacy device and give me the Z10.
    02-19-14 12:22 PM
    So i have a friend that i consulted to buy a z10 last year..... He had many battery issues. He is a very light user and was finding his battery would not last him a full day at work. When i say light user i mean he did not even have email attached to his device to keep data usage as low as possible.

I have always had to plug my device in at night/overnight to have a full charge for the next day. I, on the other hand, am a very heavy user of my device.

Here is the very interesting part (annoying for me). After the last update, 10.2.1.537 , he now has his battery last him for 5 DAYS!!!!!! No joke!!! Now when i say last... i mean that is when his battery life shows below 30% so he charges it!!!

For the LIFE OF ME i can not figure out what setting he has that makes it last so damn long!!!

I have searched online everywhere trying to see if anyone else has had that same experience and so far i have not found anything that matches his battery life.

If ANYONE has a similar experience please reply to this post and maybe we can all figure out together how to make them all last that long??????

Here is HOPIN'!!!!!!!!!!!

Strange, after last update my battery life reduced.. I am thinking of going up to latest leak.
    02-19-14 12:23 PM
    Have to wonder why he doesn't save money and get a flip phone.
    He got it as a gift on release and doesn't care much for it. but I do agree, can't remember how many plans I made to convince him to take my legacy device and give me the Z10.
    02-19-14 12:24 PM
    To be clear... the device i am talking about is a z10!
    I hope i did not mislead anyone
    Z10
    02-19-14 12:34 PM
    33 emails, 10 phone calls, 1 sms, some Internet, reading pdfs

Battery lasts for DAYS!!! Seriously!!!-img_20140219_212936.png
    yvpan1 likes this.
    02-19-14 02:35 PM
    He has a power supply in his pocket
    02-19-14 02:56 PM
    There are a few things that effect battery life.

Make sure you do a factory reset on the phone, so no apps are draining batteries (not required apps)
    Make sure you don't connect to WIFI, or any GPS features
    Make sure you always have signal, if you are in a basement all day where it is hard for your phone to reach a signal you will suffer alot of battery life.
    02-19-14 04:19 PM
    Easily getting over 24 hours .... and I use it!!!! I do not have Facebook updates going off all day and I don't use twitter or watch movies....

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 04:30 PM
    Thanks for the response. I think I wasn't completely clear about the question - I was wondering which was better for battery-saving purposes. I don't want to do manual sync, but would, say, a 15/30 minute sync use more or less battery than having Push turned on? I have three Exchange ActiveSync accounts on the phone which are set to 15 minutes sync each, but I also have a couple of IMAP accounts and for these I can change the settings for sync intervals, but it also has the Push on/off toggle - what difference would this make to battery life?
    Sorry, I didn't make myself clear

If you get emails less regularly than your sync time, then sync is wasteful. Say you check every 15 minutes - you need to talk to the server (uses battery) and get a response saying you have, or have not got mail (uses battery). The downloading is the same for both (ie. getting the mail).

So if you only get 1 email a day, but check every 15 minutes, then push is much better (1 connection per day vs 96). If you get email faster than every 15 minutes, then sync will be slightly better as it can download all messages at once (slightly more efficient than individual connections, but only just).

Bottom line is if you get constant emails during the day, use sync - if you only get a few, then push or manual sync. I get maybe 30 emails a day, so If I had sync to 15 minutes, I would (on average) waste 2 out of every three syncs (nothing to download). If I set sync to hourly, then I would probably waste none, and be slightly better off. My emails could be delayed an hour, but I would have marginally better battery.

In my testing, I gained about 1-2 hours (out of 18ish) going to push with my email load (1 work, 2 personal all push). Make sure that if you use gmail, you disable contact syncing - you can't push that.
    02-19-14 04:35 PM
    Post some more battery monitor shots then, are you using a 4500MaH battery?
    02-19-14 04:40 PM
    I call fake. It's possible to trick the meter to say it will last 5 days.
    I can make my phone last 5 days with radio signal off and only wifi. But that's even pushing it.
    IF he only has it on 2G only, I guess it's possible. But even then, I would be highly suspicious
    I'm always on EDGE and its impossible even to push it more than 24 hours. With an underclock and on 2G with BBM, texts and very long calls I get 19-24 hours, that is the absolute max. I cannot push it further than that. Its bull****.
    02-19-14 06:43 PM
    I cannot really believe 5 days..

The absolute most I can get is 16ish hours of moderate use.

This is with screen brightness turned down to 25%

I have blue tooth on.
    Nfc off.
    3 email accounts with push
    Facebook notifications on.
    Wifi 90% of the time.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 07:00 PM
    With my Q10(I know OLED and all) I get 24-30 hours on a charge. The most I've gone was 32 hours before it died.
    This phone is absolutely amazing. I leave bluetooth on all day, it connects to my Pebble and my car stereo to stream music to and from school and work. I get my emails through pull every 4 hours. Screen is at the lowest setting and that's even brighter than Id like it.
    I text constantly all day. Use the browser to check random things, Twitter using Blaq, and random android apps.
    ggastaris likes this.
    02-19-14 08:41 PM
    So i have a friend that i consulted to buy a z10 last year..... He had many battery issues. He is a very light user and was finding his battery would not last him a full day at work. When i say light user i mean he did not even have email attached to his device to keep data usage as low as possible.

I have always had to plug my device in at night/overnight to have a full charge for the next day. I, on the other hand, am a very heavy user of my device.

Here is the very interesting part (annoying for me). After the last update, 10.2.1.537 , he now has his battery last him for 5 DAYS!!!!!! No joke!!! Now when i say last... i mean that is when his battery life shows below 30% so he charges it!!!

For the LIFE OF ME i can not figure out what setting he has that makes it last so damn long!!!

I have searched online everywhere trying to see if anyone else has had that same experience and so far i have not found anything that matches his battery life.

If ANYONE has a similar experience please reply to this post and maybe we can all figure out together how to make them all last that long??????

Here is HOPIN'!!!!!!!!!!!
    Does your friend happen to use the BB flip shell case with the battery saving technology?
    02-19-14 10:35 PM
    I always had good battery life on my Q10 up until recently. I could unplug it from the laptop before heading off to bed, set the alarm, and I'd have more than enough juice left to get me through the entire day. Now, if I set the alarm and put it in night mode, my battery goes flat in the matter of a few hours.

Battery lasts for DAYS!!! Seriously!!!-img_20140219_070552.png

Cheers,
    Paul
    02-19-14 11:20 PM
    I always had good battery life on my Q10 up until recently. I could unplug it from the laptop before heading off to bed, set the alarm, and I'd have more than enough juice left to get me through the entire day. Now, if I set the alarm and put it in night mode, my battery goes flat in the matter of a few hours.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140219_070552.png 
Views:	1139 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	249503

Cheers,
    Paul
    What does it say is draining it underneath the graph?

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 11:23 PM
    I have to be charging to use BBM. Battery doesn't last worth a damn after 10.2.1

BlackBerry Since 2006. Rogers Halifax, NS - Official 10.2.1
    I also find that BBM is a large
    battery drainer. I am very surprised that the #1 app on my Z10 is the second biggest drain culprit.

BlackBerry Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    BallRockReaper likes this.
    02-19-14 11:29 PM
    I also find that BBM is a large
    battery drainer. I am very surprised that the #1 app on my Z10 is the second biggest drain culprit.

BlackBerry Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    That shouldn't happen. You should just do a clean install or wipe. Start from scratch and get it over with

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 11:34 PM
183 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD