I find it is better to use push. Depends on how many emails you get. Push gives your address to the server, so when a mail arrives, it sends it directly to you. You only transfer the data for the single email. Syncing sends a message to the server which then tells you if you have emails, then downloads them. If you dont have many emails, then you will waste battery every time you sync when there are no emails.

The best is manual sync, and turn off data until you want to check your mail. One advantage of push is you get your mail instantly.

Hope I made sense.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the response. I think I wasn't completely clear about the question - I was wondering which was better for battery-saving purposes. I don't want to do manual sync, but would, say, a 15/30 minute sync use more or less battery than having Push turned on? I have three Exchange ActiveSync accounts on the phone which are set to 15 minutes sync each, but I also have a couple of IMAP accounts and for these I can change the settings for sync intervals, but it also has the Push on/off toggle - what difference would this make to battery life?
    02-19-14 05:32 AM
    To all the naysayers..... trust me... i get how this is hard to understand... that is why i am posting about this cause i can not figure it out
    Check out the status now.... yesterday it said 23 hours remaining at 73% and today...... 3 days remaining!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Battery lasts for DAYS!!! Seriously!!!-19feb2014day2.png  
    02-19-14 06:12 AM
    So i have a friend that i consulted to buy a z10 last year..... He had many battery issues. He is a very light user and was finding his battery would not last him a full day at work. When i say light user i mean he did not even have email attached to his device to keep data usage as low as possible.

I have always had to plug my device in at night/overnight to have a full charge for the next day. I, on the other hand, am a very heavy user of my device.

Here is the very interesting part (annoying for me). After the last update, 10.2.1.537 , he now has his battery last him for 5 DAYS!!!!!! No joke!!! Now when i say last... i mean that is when his battery life shows below 30% so he charges it!!!

For the LIFE OF ME i can not figure out what setting he has that makes it last so damn long!!!

I have searched online everywhere trying to see if anyone else has had that same experience and so far i have not found anything that matches his battery life.

If ANYONE has a similar experience please reply to this post and maybe we can all figure out together how to make them all last that long??????

Here is HOPIN'!!!!!!!!!!!
    5 days of usage from a Z10 with that pathetically small battery?

LMFAO.

I remember when I had my 9900 with it's horrible battery life. I'd read these wild, fantastic stories and rush to update with the leaks being referenced. All to no avail. Same merry-go-round for the awful Z10.

Look, there is no way he's getting 5 days from his Z10. I'd be extremely skeptical at 3. 5 days is false. Only way you can get something approaching that is to turn of cellular networking and use it exclusively with Wifi or something. And that isn't normal usage.
    Rello likes this.
    02-19-14 06:18 AM
    Exactly. Well said. Normal usage is using what the phone has to offer. If not, get rid of the phone. Simple.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 06:33 AM
    I have a Z10 since it came out and my battary used to drain fast "i used to charge it twice a day". i'm a moderate to heavy user.
    after the last update 10.2.1.2102; now it lasts the full day, by 11pm i would be left with 20-25% which is amazing.
    What i noticed and is most probably the reason behind that extended battary life is the network signal which is always strong since the update. to me it must be the radio version that comes with the OS. i guess.
    02-19-14 06:42 AM
    OK, I get it. Don't use it if you want to save battery.

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    02-19-14 06:44 AM
    To all the naysayers..... trust me... i get how this is hard to understand... that is why i am posting about this cause i can not figure it out
    Check out the status now.... yesterday it said 23 hours remaining at 73% and today...... 3 days remaining!!!
    Keep posting screenshots (I am a believer)... Although using a Q, I am very interested to know how he set his device up...
    Logically, he is at 55% now, so max 24h left, not?? My device ran out of power this early morning... here's my Screenshot of the last 48H... look how it went to zero;-)... I had used it for exactly 24h... But I used a web-radio running on WiFi at night to keep the test going...

Oh: And you're sure he's not using a sort of monster battery 4500mA/h or so??

Here's my screenshot, device dying after exactly 24h of moderate usage:
    Battery lasts for DAYS!!! Seriously!!!-img_20140219_134401.png

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany - Running OS 10.2.1.537
    02-19-14 06:49 AM
    I don't shut anything off and my b rightness is 100 percent. However, my battery lasts 10 hrs with about 10 percent drain. 3 emails setup. Social media....basically everything up and working cuz I bought a smart phone to use a smart phone.

Maybe he's sleeping for 5 days

Battery lasts for DAYS!!! Seriously!!!-img_20140219_065007.png

This includes the last 30 minutes I've been on the phone reading fb posts, cb, and emails

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 06:52 AM
    Keep posting screenshots (I am a believer)... Although using a Q, I am very interested to know how he set his device up...
    Logically, he is at 55% now, so max 24h left, not?? My device ran out of power this early morning... here's my Screenshot of the last 48H... look how it went to zero;-)... I had used it for exactly 24h... But I used a web-radio running on WiFi at night to keep the test going...

Oh: And you're sure he's not using a sort of monster battery 4500mA/h or so??

Here's my screenshot, device dying after exactly 24h of moderate usage:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140219_134401.png 
Views:	839 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	249261

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany - Running OS 10.2.1.537
    I included a pic of the battery in his device... not it is not a supper battery... he was initially having major issue... needing to charge it numerous times a day.. then after the last update.... it wont die..... he has shut it off a few times but not done a battery pull since the update..... we are afraid to incase it messes up his battery life before we figure this out..... Thank you for believing this... i figure if we can find out how this is happening we can get the same result for everyone??? maybe??? i know i would love it for me if i could figure out how
    02-19-14 07:29 AM
    Further... he as NO technical knowledge what so ever so it is running at default settings all the way around..... the only alteration we have made is shutting wifi off and letting be LTE only then adding his email to his device this past weekend
    02-19-14 07:31 AM
    Ok guys I will throw in my few cents or pennies whichever applies; Maybe this guy is using layman terms and calling 48 hours four days! because my Q10 was charged yesterday morning around 11 am and its running at 40% remaining battery life and I am a pretty heavy user ,bbm, txt, internet , calls, facbook and lots of crackberry on the go . Like this guy I can use layman terms and say my battery is at two days! its lasted all day yesterday and not it will all day today and I will see how far it will take me today so I am assuming this is a 48 hour 5 days!
    02-19-14 08:22 AM
    May possibly be a software problem and is miscalculating. Mine currently says 81% and 14 hours remaining and I know better. It will never last that long, never has. So forget what the device monitor "says", how long does it actually lasts?! THAT is what matters.
    Gykesdollars likes this.
    02-19-14 08:24 AM
    Had to delete the three employers accounts I had, as well as Facebook. I re-added them, and left the sync interval at 30 minutes each.

Hopefully, this will fix the issue with my use of four batteries daily???

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 08:25 AM
    OK guys this is probably possible stop being pessimistic! !!
    Battery lasts for DAYS!!! Seriously!!!-img_20140219_093449.png

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 09:01 AM
    And I am a seriously Heavy User! Social Media Galore! TXTS! Internet . BBM and calls and besides the time on I am experiencing this is the past two days when its my days off and im on my phone all day yesterday and today so far.
    02-19-14 09:07 AM
    12 hours later...
    Battery lasts for DAYS!!! Seriously!!!-bbz30bitstrips.jpg

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 09:17 AM
    I'm trying to figure out home some of you get a day off 1 battery

Posted via CB10
    I've found out what causes my phone to discharge: Holding it in my hand.

If I leave the phone in my pocket, I get really good battery life.

Posted via CB10
    scorepion likes this.
    02-19-14 09:54 AM
    I call fake. This is why. Your system is taking up 17% and your Display is taking 10%. And you're saying with all those added up you can last 5 days? That's simply a joke. What may be happening is during the evening, he puts his device into bedside mode, which by default turns radio and everything else off unless you tell it otherwise
    So, when he wakes up, it's like having a simless device, nothing is syncing for the past 8 hours, so it "tricks" the device into thinking it has 5 days of battery life. If you can actually have it last 5 days, do a snapshot of it using "since last charge" option when your battery is down to 5/10%
    I can easily trick my battery to think it can last 2 weeks. But whether it actually is possible is the question
    02-19-14 09:56 AM
    I've found out what causes my phone to discharge: Holding it in my hand.

If I leave the phone in my pocket, I get really good battery life.

Posted via CB10
    This is the bitter truth, people.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.2141
    02-19-14 09:56 AM
    Actually, after a shaky first few days, my Z10 has massively improved. Last charged at 9am this morning, it is now 5pm and the battery is still showing at 69%. I have three Exchange ActiveSync accounts, two IMAP accounts, connected to LinkedIn, WhatsApp, Facebook etc., and have location turned off, screen dimmed down / white-balance low and wifi turned on and connected. What is interesting is that moving between offices (only 10 mins away) means disconnecting from wifi and using 3G/2G connection, and during that brief period it seems to drop 3-4% straight away.

However, looking at the graph I believe I have ascertained what the biggest drain on the battery is - the constant looking at Device Monitor to check the battery life...
    Glow123 likes this.
    02-19-14 11:06 AM
    Good lord this why its hard to take CB posters serious. It is NOT possible to go 5 days. With me sleeping in a 5 hour period, my battery drain almost 10%. You are not making it 5 days...

why even have a device u arent touching?
    02-19-14 11:10 AM
    Listen, the wife and I have had issues with both our z10 battery life. It won't last me more then 6 hours. So I'm solving the problem by purchasing 2 3800mA Mugen Power batteries. They don't sell anything as powerful as these is CrackBerry (i dunno why). Yes they are manufactured in China however they are CE certified in California this Canada. And the reviews on them are good. They don't come cheap and are $89 to tour doorstep. They also and bulk to your phone. But i'll do what it takes to keep the phone lasting longer.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 11:22 AM
    Look at the screen shot, it looks like z30 resolution

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 11:22 AM
    I noticed in a previous screenshot, your friend has NFC on. Since he doesn't seem to use his phone in a way that NFC is useful, He could further improve his battery life by shutting it down.

Not that he's worried, but just say'in.
    02-19-14 11:23 AM
    What...how...god...

How is that possible? Please enlighten me, someone.

Posted via CB10
    It's a Z30 that's how!! Look at resolution!

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 11:24 AM
183 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD