Im sorry, but i respectfully call BS.

No phone is going 5 days none. Good lord my old 8900 didnt even do that and it got ridiculously mroe battery life than my Z10. If, and thats a HUGE if, it does last 5 days, he is barely touching it...and personally i think that goes for anyone claiming to get a whole day or more out of the Z10. I get 5 to 6 hours doing barely much of anything and thats been repeated by many other Z10 users.

if he is getting 5 days out of a Z10, i expect Z30 users to be getting weeks. lol if this were the case, BB's market share would definitely be higher than it is now
    goku_vegeta likes this.
    02-18-14 05:43 PM
    Mine is decent
    Battery lasts for DAYS!!! Seriously!!!-img_20140218_160952.png

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 06:10 PM
    OK.... i will send screen shots..... i can get screen shots from his device tonight when he is done work. But he lives an hour from me so i have to wait for a weekend when i am with him to get three day screen shots in a row

here are the simple facts of his usage;

SIM in and on
    It is his ONLY phone
    He uses BBM with me and his sister
    He uses text with his kids
    He uses and checks Sportsnet WHEN NHL is on
    He does not surf the net
    He does have email connected right now (as of yesterday)
    He does not post to any social media from him phone
    He does not use the GPS at all
    The phone is never connected to his laptop or any other computer for charging and rarely moves files back and forth (downloaded pics off his device 3 times in the last year)

I REALLY DO get how odd this is and how hard it is to believe!!!
    Trust me... i am posting this now cause i want to figure out how to get mine to do the same thing!!
    He keeps laughing about it cause i am the only person he knows that has any technical knowledge and he comes to me for any IT/phone help/advice!!!!
    This is driving me crazy!
    I call BS after reading this particular post. Who cares what distance anyone is when we have smartphones? Have him click both volume rockers and BBM you the screenshot. Unless he's on a schedule to use data.
    02-18-14 06:27 PM
    I have to be charging to use BBM. Battery doesn't last worth a damn after 10.2.1

BlackBerry Since 2006. Rogers Halifax, NS - Official 10.2.1
    02-18-14 06:30 PM
    Battery lasts for DAYS!!! Seriously!!!-img_20140218_193330.png
    Attachment 249156

I'm underclocking my processor and I disabled 1 core, using edge and connected to wifi, brightness below 50%, and swipe to unlock off and it says itll only last 8 hours.. Bluetooth and NFC are off
    02-18-14 06:35 PM
    I have managed to get 36 hours with 10.2 but with 10.2.1 it has reduced to 24 hours.

5 is stretching my faith, seriously. I managed to have my Z10 do 36 hours, but it was SIM less for the most time and on strong WiFi.

Extremely light usage at home can get me close to that, but ususally I am seeing 4-20 hours.

Have him report the magic foruma ...
    02-18-14 06:49 PM
    actually with the latest OS update (10.2.1.2102) things have gone better for Z10 compared to the .537 (which has been doing good as well on my previous Z10). on the phone i have:
    - 3 email accounts, 2 on IMAP + 1 on EAS, FULL SYNC every 30 minutes (except the EAS which is constantly sync-ing)
    - all contacts are on cardDAV, sync timeframe is every 24 hours
    - all calendars are on CalDAV, sync timeframe is every 24 hours
    - Facebook
    - light BBM
    - light whatsapp
    - 3-5 phone short phone calls
    - 80% on wifi with 3G data
    - mostly the phone is on standby just after it has been used

plugged off the charger at 7.30AM and by 7PM it still has 82% of juice remaining. not bad..
    02-18-14 07:17 PM
    I agree. My Z10 battery is outstanding compared with all android phones I have had. Easily last one whiole day with heavy use.
    02-18-14 07:22 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140218_193330.png 
Views:	1288 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	249154
    Attachment 249156

I'm underclocking my processor and I disabled 1 core, using edge and connected to wifi, brightness below 50%, and swipe to unlock off and it says itll only last 8 hours.. Bluetooth and NFC are off
    Haha, um... why?
    02-18-14 07:33 PM
    i think you are confused OP. I think you meant "hours" where you said "days"
    JWWDUKE likes this.
    02-18-14 07:39 PM
    Haha, um... why?
    I'm trying to figure out home some of you get a day off 1 battery

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 07:49 PM
    Well, I can say this guys. Before this latest OTA update, I'd get an easy 8hrs. Now, I have to use about 3 or 4 batteries in a day. No joke. I just text and job hunt. Occasional you tube viewing throughout the day.

I had my BlackBerry Curve 9320 last three days, but no way no how on this Z10 now.....forget it. Getting tired of going through so many batteries...

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 08:03 PM
    I'm trying to figure out home some of you get a day off 1 battery

Posted via CB10
    We don't underclock and disable cores. The load was meant for two; you've shunted it off onto one and making it work longer to do the same tasks.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 08:14 PM
    Battery lasts for DAYS!!! Seriously!!!-img_20140210_070944.png
    As you can see, I was sleeping.
    2 gmail accounts, full sync
    1 Fb, only messages
    Wifi on
    3G network
    And of course phone didn't last 2 days, but I got solid 24 hours of it.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 08:20 PM
    We don't underclock and disable cores. The load was meant for two; you've shunted it off onto one and making it work longer to do the same tasks.

Posted via CB10
    I figured, I was just trying some things around for future reference.
    02-18-14 08:22 PM
    i think you are confused OP. I think you meant "hours" where you said "days"
    "Captain, if we go by the book, hours will seem like days."

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 08:22 PM
    I figured, I was just trying some things around for future reference.
    Try a different battery, they seem to be hit or miss on longevity. There was three days last December when I thought my original Z10 battery was about to bite the dust; it was dying at double the speed, was warm constantly, and even was swelling a bit. So I bought a new battery, but have yet to remove it from its package. Why? I installed 10.2.1.1925 which had just surfaced a little bit before, and the original battery started behaving normally again.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 08:39 PM
    Inconsistencies like that are not welcome. I'm currently going through 3 or 4 batteries daily. I tried deleting or in installing a few apps....no difference. it is the software, I think.

Perhaps someone at BlackBerry wants us to buy more batteries?

Lol.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 08:47 PM
    I've done a few tests, and found that the best thing for extending battery life is to use wifi instead of 3g/lte. I also use push email rather than sync, and I have turned off contact syncing (manual). I take the phone off the charger at 5:30am (bit late this morning - about 6:15), and normally put it on around 11pm at night. Anywhere from 10%-30% left. When I get to work, I turn off mobile data and turn on wifi, same at home. Bluetooth in the car (1hr each way to/from work). I get maybe 30 emails a day (personal and work), half as many SMS, and half a dozen phone calls. I rarely surf the net at work, but surf like a madman at home. The main thing is I have no social media sites enabled, and have disabled diagnostics. Its now 3pm here (9 hours off charge) and I am down to 64% - see the piccy. There really are some good Z10s out there - oh, and it is the original, stock battery.
    Battery lasts for DAYS!!! Seriously!!!-img_20140219_151024.png

PS. I don't use BBLink, haven't enabled it as I use Linux at home. I sync via wifi and shared folders
    02-18-14 11:16 PM
    Ok... so i just had him send me screen shots.....

He is running LTE and data connection with email

It was fully charged this morning (status shows since last charge) and i told him to not charge it until he lets me know... he has NO REASON to BS me or trick me..... there has to be a reason this is going on that has to do with settings.

Here are screen shots of his screen, pic of battery in the device and screen shots of his status

He will be sending a new screen shot each morning until the battery needs charging again

Battery lasts for DAYS!!! Seriously!!!-18feb2014chargedthismorning.png
    From the screenshot results that 78% capacity is equivalent to 23 hours.

That means 29.5 hours on a full charge, or 1.2 days - far from the 5 days you advertised here.

Of course, battery consumption is not linear, but I doubt the margin of error is so large.

--------------------

Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake as long as you need
    02-19-14 01:34 AM
    If it is sim-less and wifi only mine can last for 2-3 days since you don't make call and don't play game on it.
    02-19-14 02:05 AM
    5 days stamina is POSSIBLE! It all depends on your settings and usage patterns.
    However... does not applies to the recent .537 update, where it last a day shorter than OS 10.2.0.1767/10.2.0.415.
    This is why I keep one of my Z10 stick to .1767, while another on .537.

My setting and usage on the previous OS, to attain 5 days stamina is as follows:
    - on 2G connection.
    - wifi off, on when using to read my emails or browsing @ 5mins max per session, 1 times per day, 5 days per week. With addition of no frequent syncing of social media updates. Since I don't use these on my z10 with .1767.
    - NFC off, BT off. So far never use on these 2 connections.
    - screen brightness set to 20% max, most of the time put to sleep mode.
    - mostly voice communication @ 3mins total per day- 7days per week, very little texting.
    Last edited by Ed YANG; 02-19-14 at 03:43 AM.
    02-19-14 02:59 AM
    If it is sim-less and wifi only mine can last for 2-3 days since you don't make call and don't play game on it.
    Try this way... keep your wifi on, TURN OFF your network radio. You may see a slight difference.
    Removing the SIM off from the phone does not cut off the network radio(this is what I had observed).
    02-19-14 03:01 AM
    I've done a few tests, and found that the best thing for extending battery life is to use wifi instead of 3g/lte. I also use push email rather than sync, and I have turned off contact syncing (manual). I take the phone off the charger at 5:30am (bit late this morning - about 6:15), and normally put it on around 11pm at night. Anywhere from 10%-30% left. When I get to work, I turn off mobile data and turn on wifi, same at home. Bluetooth in the car (1hr each way to/from work). I get maybe 30 emails a day (personal and work), half as many SMS, and half a dozen phone calls. I rarely surf the net at work, but surf like a madman at home. The main thing is I have no social media sites enabled, and have disabled diagnostics. Its now 3pm here (9 hours off charge) and I am down to 64% - see the piccy. There really are some good Z10s out there - oh, and it is the original, stock battery.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140219_151024.png 
Views:	1249 
Size:	125.4 KB 
ID:	249201

PS. I don't use BBLink, haven't enabled it as I use Linux at home. I sync via wifi and shared folders
    Quick question from the uninitiated - it is better to use Push where available rather than sync intervals?
    02-19-14 03:36 AM
    I find it is better to use push. Depends on how many emails you get. Push gives your address to the server, so when a mail arrives, it sends it directly to you. You only transfer the data for the single email. Syncing sends a message to the server which then tells you if you have emails, then downloads them. If you dont have many emails, then you will waste battery every time you sync when there are no emails.

The best is manual sync, and turn off data until you want to check your mail. One advantage of push is you get your mail instantly.

Hope I made sense.

Posted via CB10
    KingOfQwerty likes this.
    02-19-14 05:04 AM
183 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD