So i have a friend that i consulted to buy a z10 last year..... He had many battery issues. He is a very light user and was finding his battery would not last him a full day at work. When i say light user i mean he did not even have email attached to his device to keep data usage as low as possible.

I have always had to plug my device in at night/overnight to have a full charge for the next day. I, on the other hand, am a very heavy user of my device.

Here is the very interesting part (annoying for me). After the last update, 10.2.1.537 , he now has his battery last him for 5 DAYS!!!!!! No joke!!! Now when i say last... i mean that is when his battery life shows below 30% so he charges it!!!

For the LIFE OF ME i can not figure out what setting he has that makes it last so damn long!!!

I have searched online everywhere trying to see if anyone else has had that same experience and so far i have not found anything that matches his battery life.

If ANYONE has a similar experience please reply to this post and maybe we can all figure out together how to make them all last that long??????

Here is HOPIN'!!!!!!!!!!!
    02-18-14 06:54 AM
    He probably doesn't even use it. How can you believe it lasts for days? i don't believe it. My battery lasts maybe 12 hours without charging.
    kbz1960, Rello, Acidwire and 4 others like this.
    02-18-14 07:22 AM
    Actually he does use it... he and i BBM all day and he texts with his kids and it is his only phone..... he uses it!!! He just does not use many apps and i just connected email on it for him and it is still not affecting the battery drain.... this is no joke! He will come over on a Friday night and leave on the Sunday evening and never turn it off and never plug it in one time!! By Sunday it is showing 89% Battery life!!!
    02-18-14 07:30 AM
    5 is stretching my faith, seriously. I managed to have my Z10 do 36 hours, but it was SIM less for the most time and on strong WiFi.

Extremely light usage at home can get me close to that, but ususally I am seeing 4-20 hours.

Have him report the magic formula ...
    Last edited by elite1; 02-19-14 at 06:54 AM.
    jaydee5799 and Djlatino like this.
    02-18-14 07:35 AM
    I have been waiting to post anything cause i knew noone would believe it!!! but now it is pissing me off that i can not figure out why it is happening so i can duplicate it for me ..... i have gone through all his settings and nothing seems different... i dont know what it is that is causing it to last this long... i get that it is hard to believe but it really does last 5 and even longer before he even has to think about charging!!

SIM in with using the phone, using text messaging, using BBM, using Sportsnet, connected to data and now even email connected to the device!!!
    02-18-14 07:56 AM
    The battery life of my Z10 can last a day with light usage after the the latest update.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 08:00 AM
    He's trolling u. Or you're trolling us.

Posted via CB10
    Rello, BerryRipe and DinLangkawi like this.
    02-18-14 08:01 AM
    Almost impossible. I can get my Z10 running for about three days but with very minimal use (only SMS) and data OFF. 5 days? I really don't think so.. EXCEPT if your friend is using the 4,000(?) mAh battery.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.2141
    02-18-14 08:12 AM
    I can imagine it is true and I am sure you can do it too! But here are the experimental conditions (theoretical):
    You say he is a light user and doesn't have a mail attached to the device. I guess he doesn't use what's app, BBM nor social media to text message. May be he uses only phone and sms. He might not surf, nor use GPS maps. So if he uses the phone only to make/recieve calls and in occasions send/recieve sms, it's feasable.
    Proof: My screenshot... Better wait, let me launch a game and click for a while... So done, here it is and my detail:
    Battery lasts for DAYS!!! Seriously!!!-img_20140218_150717.png
    The screen shot is 24h usage. The flat parts of the curve shows an airplane mode or time in which the phone was absolutely in my pocket, no usage... in Airplane mode, I've near 0% of losing charge, or 1% in 4-5h... if not in Airplane mode, I lose 1% every 10-15 min, because of the PIM set up to be contenious/15'... so it explains itself... When used to check out calendar, notes, screen on, I might use a bit more. The curve shows a light loss when surfing and a big drop when gaming...
    Make an experiment... avoid gaming, turn off data transfer, surfing the net, GPS-Services... report back...
    But that's not why we own a Q/Z10/30 isn't it?
    If we would only use a phone for making calls and texting sms, we would have kept our GSM-Phone from year 1995 ;-) Mine was a Nokia 3300i ;-) So now we have a working/surfing/media-machine, my Q10 is used like a laptop, digi-cam, and more!

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany - Running OS 10.2.1.537
    xBURK likes this.
    02-18-14 08:18 AM
    Maybe a screenshot of his device monitor will show what he's doing on his phone.
    My best Z10 battery life was 30 hours on weekend. But, 5 days with normal usage for Z10 is impossible.
    02-18-14 08:23 AM
    I have been waiting to post anything cause i knew noone would believe it!!! but now it is pissing me off that i can not figure out why it is happening so i can duplicate it for me ..... i have gone through all his settings and nothing seems different... i dont know what it is that is causing it to last this long... i get that it is hard to believe but it really does last 5 and even longer before he even has to think about charging!!

SIM in with using the phone, using text messaging, using BBM, using Sportsnet, connected to data and now even email connected to the device!!!
    Post us the screenshot of his device manager so we can analyse it... Best, the 48h screenshot... If connects his device regularily to transfer data/synch his pics etc, the synching time connected per usb would reveal if he's "cheating"...
    You can only reach that by turning into Airplane mode... else the device has a regular 5% per hour of battery usage... 20 hours is a max... estimated...

02-18-14 08:26 AM
    Look to this:
    Specifications of the phone on www.blackberry.com (Z10):

Battery lasts for DAYS!!! Seriously!!!-img_20140218_153059.png

10h of heavy usage... 13 days of standby...
    Go beat that ;-)

Unbeleavable! I can't believe it! Cheers.

02-18-14 08:33 AM
    OK.... i will send screen shots..... i can get screen shots from his device tonight when he is done work. But he lives an hour from me so i have to wait for a weekend when i am with him to get three day screen shots in a row

here are the simple facts of his usage;

SIM in and on
    It is his ONLY phone
    He uses BBM with me and his sister
    He uses text with his kids
    He uses and checks Sportsnet WHEN NHL is on
    He does not surf the net
    He does have email connected right now (as of yesterday)
    He does not post to any social media from him phone
    He does not use the GPS at all
    The phone is never connected to his laptop or any other computer for charging and rarely moves files back and forth (downloaded pics off his device 3 times in the last year)

I REALLY DO get how odd this is and how hard it is to believe!!!
    Trust me... i am posting this now cause i want to figure out how to get mine to do the same thing!!
    He keeps laughing about it cause i am the only person he knows that has any technical knowledge and he comes to me for any IT/phone help/advice!!!!
    This is driving me crazy!
    02-18-14 08:34 AM
    As soon as you can today, post screen shot from last 48h so we see his "true usage" Monday/Tuesday... Then at the Week-end, another screenshot from the coming 48h ;-)
    :can't wait:
    G'luck... oh, pls ask for permission (spying?!?)... It's for a good cause :-D

02-18-14 08:43 AM
    lol.... i will ask for permission... no worries

hate to sound totally dumbass here but how to i create a screen shot for the last 48 hours of usage???? totally embarrassed but i had no idea you can do that
    02-18-14 09:00 AM
    OK.... i will send screen shots..... i can get screen shots from his device tonight when he is done work. But he lives an hour from me so i have to wait for a weekend when i am with him to get three day screen shots in a row
    Ask him to send to you his screenshot via BBM so that you can upload it now.
    02-18-14 09:09 AM
    i have to wait till he is done work as he is on his first day of a new job and i will not bug him today until after 5pm eastern... sorry
    02-18-14 09:10 AM
    lol.... i will ask for permission... no worries

hate to sound totally dumbass here but how to i create a screen shot for the last 48 hours of usage???? totally embarrassed but i had no idea you can do that
    ;-) So in Settings/Devicemanager/Device monitor, you have a drop down menue, where you can monitor since last charging, last 12h, last 24h, last 48h...
    Here a screenshot where you find the arrow/dropdown... from my "german" OS. Cheers ;-)
    Battery lasts for DAYS!!! Seriously!!!-img_20140218_163524.png

02-18-14 09:38 AM
    It's funny that he doesn't have significant drain since your are communicating via BBM. I have been having quite a bit of drain just from BBM conversations alone. I could never touch more than a day on moderate use with my Z10.

BlackBerry Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    02-18-14 09:45 AM
    I call fake. It's possible to trick the meter to say it will last 5 days.
    I can make my phone last 5 days with radio signal off and only wifi. But that's even pushing it.
    IF he only has it on 2G only, I guess it's possible. But even then, I would be highly suspicious
    02-18-14 09:51 AM
    Please
    Please tell me someone
    My q10 screen. Brightness is very high even I set it in minimum
    Is every q10 use have same issue

Bhinder's Q10
    I assume you are one of those people who are blindly posting?
    Please, post in a thread that is relevant.
    02-18-14 09:52 AM
    What a great answer man

Bhinder's Q10
    02-18-14 10:01 AM
    Mine doesn't even last 4 days on standby in airplane mode

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    02-18-14 10:03 AM
    >Battery lasts for DAYS!!! seriously!!!

source: "seriously!!!"

checks out
    02-18-14 10:21 AM
    One of my batteries for my Z10 seems to last forever. The estimation is about 4 days on a full charge. Heavy usage drops it by 10-15% for the whole day. However, once it gets to around the 70-80% range, the phone flips out and crashes. Screen goes black and the BB logo pops up, LED turns on like it's rebooting, then just shuts off. Trying to turn it back on gives a yellow LED and says no battery. There is something wrong with this picture.

My other battery has more normal use. Can get me through a whole day.
    02-18-14 10:36 AM
183 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD