After seeing the numerous posts related to the Z10's battery life I thought I would give my two cents worth on the subject.

LTE is a large power drain on any phone larger amounts of data being sent at increased speed will do that. Also on network side the main reason is network coverage is not as good as the legacy signals 3g h+ etc. Whatever phone you use as soon as the LTE signal drops the radio switches to scan mode searching for the signal. Also remember one of the reasons BlackBerry gave for delaying the release of BB 10 phones was to perfect a more power efficient LTE architecture. Showing they were concerned about LTE power consumption.

Battery capacity is another issue as well. I have read in other posts people comparing the Galaxy S3 to the Z10 regarding battery life noting that they both use same CPU. While that is true what they forget is that the S3 has a larger battery meaning higher capacity than the Z10. This is so because Samsung chose to built the S3 as large as it is giving more real estate for the battery same as the Note 2 that battery is almost as large as the Z10 lol. BlackBerry chose to balance size of phone to maximize efficient use. Try using the S3 one handed as efficiently as a Z10 you will notice a big difference. And the Note 2? You need two hands just to lift the darn thing! Lol
    If you compare battery life of an IPhone to the Z10 the Z10 does better simply because you can turn off the Z10 unlike the Iphone which is always in standby mode.

I have owned three different berries before my Z10 a curve and both torch models on all of them I received 14 to 16 hours of use between charges with moderate use. Right now I'm receiving 12 to 13 hours on my Z10 which isn't bad Imo. Battery life will only improve with OS updates as in the past. Battery life became an issue the moment phones turned into mini laptops gone are the days of charging your phone once a week and complaining or blaming the phone manufacturer is pointless. It's the battery manufacturers who have to get off their collective asses and start producing batteries that last longer. I remember reading one of the conspiracy websites that the military is already using batteries that don't need recharging for over a year! That's what I want! Lol

Posted via CB10
    rav813 likes this.
    02-28-13 12:13 PM
    I agree and I will say I haven't had any issues with my battery and my phone is on LTE all day long. I find it to be equivalent to my old 9800 when used in the same manner.
    02-28-13 12:34 PM