04-28-13 07:32 PM
99 123 ...
tools
    Hi guys! Never had any problem with my battery since the beginning, but since the last 2 days, it doesn't last 4 hours and my phone is always warm! I though it was BlackBerry travel but I just deleted it. New FB update maybe?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 10:02 PM
    Seems a common concern to many. There are some who say they get two days on a single charge but not mine. I deleted all apps and message accounts and then added them back as it base no difference. I was getting nearly a full day and then wham phone is always above 30c and five hours is maximum life of battery. I actually seem to get longer life using the phone then in stand by mode.

Posted via CB10
    Luis Marin likes this.
    03-31-13 10:15 PM
    Hi guys! Never had any problem with my battery since the beginning, but since the last 2 days, it doesn't last 4 hours and my phone is always warm! I though it was BlackBerry travel but I just deleted it. New FB update maybe?

Posted via CB10
    Hello,
    Interestingly enough, my battery life has been getting BETTER! The 1st few days it didn't seem to last too long, however it seems to stay charged LONGER now even with more usage... DEFINITELY not complaining here!
    CathyBBZ10 and pandapurple like this.
    03-31-13 10:17 PM
    That is the exact experience I had too. First few days u needed to be close to a charger, then life was grand. After a little over month everything changed suddenly. I am going to try a full wipe to correct the issue. I can live with battery life being poor during heavy use but as I said my phone will kill the battery in five hours in standby and I could use the phone to keep my coffee warm. Have no idea what is running to cause this problem is the most frustrating part.

Posted via CB10
    f150black0 likes this.
    03-31-13 10:38 PM
    I had this problem and did the following:
    1. Turn off email scan on BlackBerry Travel.
    2. Log off Ebay app.
    3. Turn off Follow me on Weather Network app.
    4. Turn off Discovery on Blue tooth options and disabled blue tooth when not in use.
    5. Turn off Wifi when not in use.

This worked like a charm and battery lasts more than 12 hours on moderate use.
    Temperature dropped to mid 20's.

Posted via CB10
    R Field likes this.
    03-31-13 10:47 PM
    Makes no difference. I have everything off that I can. Figure out this - I have been listening to music for over an hour, had mobile hot spot on for half of that with two devices connected and have been on cb and web the whole time. Battery usage 25% temperature 34c. This is good - if I put the phone in night mode it will actually get hotter and will kill the battery long before midnight.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 10:55 PM
    Delete ebay. Battery on mine is much better. Prior to deleting ebay I had to charge my phone 3 times a day.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 10:59 PM
    [QUOTE=day-cee;8236122]Hi guys! Never had any problem with my battery since the beginning, but since the last 2 days, it doesn't last 4 hours and my phone is always warm! I though it was BlackBerry travel but I just deleted it. New FB update maybe?

Posted via CB10[/QUOTe

Similar story with me as well - but after deleting the EBAY app everything went back to normal. Kept BlackBerry Travel!

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 11:17 PM
    my battery life so far has been exceptional, taken out from the charger yesterday at 9 PM, today in the morning browsed a bit, watched a couple you tube videos, used sports tracker app outdoor for 3 hours hike, 30 minutes on call with my mom, 15-20 minutes music in car via bluetooth, now at 8pm it is plugged into the charger at 10% remaining. my S3 would have been long dead by now.
    03-31-13 11:28 PM
    Tried a new battery yet?
    03-31-13 11:39 PM
    It's ridiculous not even 12 and my battery is already half empty. I deleted ebay and travel...

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 10:57 AM
    Just last week I could easily last 16 hous

Posted via CB10
    TheRizzo41 likes this.
    04-01-13 11:02 AM
    Just last week I could easily last 16 hous

Posted via CB10
    I've been having the same problem since last week. Tried an experiment yesterday with all apps uninstalled that I could uninstall (so only Adobe Reader, Maps, BBM, Games, BB WORLD left) plus Battery Guru and watched power use with the phone on standby with different connections in different places (1 h test per setting). Results:

1. No external connections: very low power use (<0.05 W)
    2. Cell (LTE) connection on but data services off: still very low power use (<0.1W)
    3. Cell connection with data: >1.0W power use with lots of obvious small spikes suggesting something constantly checking something over the Internet.
    4. Cell w data + wifi: 0.4W, lower than running just cell (so whatever is trying to reconcile is doing it at lower draw over wifi).
    5. Cell w data + wifi but out of range of my Wifi connection (in the car): About 1.5 W draw.

At 1.5W draw, that kills my battery from full in about 5 hours. SO...

Clearly either a "core" RIM app or the OS itself--NOT an installed app--is constantly pinging the Internet for some reason and killing my battery life. As I said, this is new in the last week-- my battery life was totally fine up till then.

Will restore the OS tomorrow and see what happens.

Posted via CB10
    peter9477, edsam and jdhooghe like this.
    04-01-13 12:32 PM
    Keep me posted!!

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 01:23 PM
    Stupid question but did you go to settings and then update?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 01:40 PM
    I did not need to delete the Ebay app, just turn off Notifications and Logout when not using and it does not use any significant power.
    04-01-13 01:56 PM
    I've been having the same problem since last week. Tried an experiment yesterday with all apps uninstalled that I could uninstall (so only Adobe Reader, Maps, BBM, Games, BB WORLD left) plus Battery Guru and watched power use with the phone on standby with different connections in different places (1 h test per setting). Results:

2. Cell (LTE) connection on but data services off: still very low power use (<0.1W)
    3. Cell connection with data: >1.0W power use with lots of obvious small spikes suggesting something constantly checking something over the Internet.
    4. Cell w data + wifi: 0.4W, lower than running just cell (so whatever is trying to reconcile is doing it at lower draw over wifi).
    5. Cell w data + wifi but out of range of my Wifi connection (in the car): About 1.5 W draw.

Clearly either a "core" RIM app or the OS itself--NOT an installed app--is constantly pinging the Internet for some reason and killing my battery life. As I said, this is new in the last week-- my battery life was totally fine up till then.

Will restore the OS tomorrow and see what happens.

Posted via CB10
    I am on Bell LTE with data on and I find the power draw very small, battery guru would show 102 hrs left when I am at over 90% battery charge. It is possible you have a weak cell signal and the phone is amplifying the receiver thus causing battery drain. Even with bluetooth bridge to my playbook and WIFI on the power draw is small, less than 1 W. What spikes it up is when the screen is on and i am checking Twitter or Hub.

I have 2 hotmail email accounts synced with push mail on. I also have 2 gmail calendars synced. I am on OS 10.0.10.85.
    04-01-13 02:03 PM
    After a couple of terrible battery days, the situation is now different. I am experiencing good battery life. It took a few days to get to this point. I hope it lasts. With the iPhone 5, I would get great battery days, followed by several days of very bad battery life. The one technology that doesn't seem to advance is battery technology.
    04-01-13 02:35 PM
    I am on Bell LTE with data on and I find the power draw very small, battery guru would show 102 hrs left when I am at over 90% battery charge. It is possible you have a weak cell signal and the phone is amplifying the receiver thus causing battery drain. Even with bluetooth bridge to my playbook and WIFI on the power draw is small, less than 1 W. What spikes it up is when the screen is on and i am checking Twitter or Hub.

I have 2 hotmail email accounts synced with push mail on. I also have 2 gmail calendars synced. I am on OS 10.0.10.85.
    Thanks for the idea. No , I don't think that's it - - I'm on Bell LTE too, with good cell reception and didn't have any trouble like this in the first month of using this phone here. Running two batteries too, so it's not the battery suddenly going wonky.

Not sure what's up but I'm confident we'll figure it out eventually.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 04:11 PM
    Very True

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 04:14 PM

Wow... excellent work with the analysis! :-)

Have you check that you have the Diagnostics setting disabled? I doubt it's the cause, but as you know just about anything could turn out to be the cause. It's under Security and Privacy.

Also maybe disable all the Location Based services stuff.

There may be a few other things to eliminate too.
    04-01-13 04:15 PM
    Anybody tried to delete FB or twitter? The changes I did lately are BlackBerry travel. Ebay and the updates of twitter and FB.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 04:41 PM
    Wow... excellent work with the analysis! :-)

Have you check that you have the Diagnostics setting disabled? I doubt it's the cause, but as you know just about anything could turn out to be the cause. It's under Security and Privacy.

Also maybe disable all the Location Based services stuff.

There may be a few other things to eliminate too.
    Thanks for the suggestion--yes, diagnostics reporting was on. Certainly not my doing, I didn't even know this existed until now. (I'm surprised that diagnostics-on would be a default.) Unfortunately turning this off didn't seem to make much of a difference, as the cell-only draw (with data on) is still up over 1W on standby.

Throw your other suggestions my way and I?ll try them and report back.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 10:03 PM
    Just found out that my The Score app was refreshing every minutes. Seams to be better after fixing that.

Posted via CB10
    R Field likes this.
    04-02-13 09:25 AM
    After a couple of terrible battery days, the situation is now different. I am experiencing good battery life. It took a few days to get to this point. I hope it lasts. With the iPhone 5, I would get great battery days, followed by several days of very bad battery life. The one technology that doesn't seem to advance is battery technology.
    The consolation is that the new battery would be more 'stable' after a few weeks. There are several threads in this forum about batteries and there are some that are very informative. Have commented on some of the other threads but would do so again. Never drain the lithium battery before recharging.
    04-02-13 09:31 AM
99 123 ...