Has anyone considered Box synching? Box can be set up to automatically upload every picture and video you add to the phone to Box. Turning this auto synchronize off, and then manually Sharing to Box instead can potentially save a lot of battery life.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 02:50 AM
    my problem is, when i charge it over night, in the morning, the phone feels warm. and it will continue on until i restart the phone. sometimes it fix the problem sometimes dont. i called the service center and they are aware of the problem as asked me to send in for review. So some of the guys out there that have battery problem, possible reason maybe you are having a faulty phone. Send it back. I yet to send mine and will soon. See how it goes...
    04-05-13 04:09 AM
    I had this problem and did the following:
    1. Turn off email scan on BlackBerry Travel.
    2. Log off Ebay app.
    3. Turn off Follow me on Weather Network app.
    4. Turn off Discovery on Blue tooth options and disabled blue tooth when not in use.
    5. Turn off Wifi when not in use.

This worked like a charm and battery lasts more than 12 hours on moderate use.
    Temperature dropped to mid 20's.

Posted via CB10
    I don't have anything but BatteryGuru running and my phone hits 100 degrees F.
    04-05-13 04:42 PM
    I don't have anything but BatteryGuru running and my phone hits 100 degrees F.
    Heat comes from power... what's the power reading show on average?

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 07:10 PM
    Hi guys! Never had any problem with my battery since the beginning, but since the last 2 days, it doesn't last 4 hours and my phone is always warm! I though it was BlackBerry travel but I just deleted it. New FB update maybe?

Posted via CB10
    I had the same problem so I talked with a phone guy that suggested turning off LOCATION SERVICES third from the bottom in the settings area. Has improved my battery to about 12-15 hours with moderate useage. I toggel it back on when i need to use GPS or MAPS.
    04-06-13 11:26 AM
    Someone mentioned "Advanced Task Manager" and someone else about their memory -- I couldn't find ATM in the BBWorld, but I did find this link:
    Advanced Task Manager for Playbook and BB10 - Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Tools | Android APPS - Blackberry 10 Apps & Playbook Apps

is this the one?

Also, it seems that the when the wireless data radio is seeking/switching, this is the worst situation, as I live in an area with poor signal. It would be nice if there were an app that would let me create a settings configuration as a shortcut, and even better would be if it could run the shortcut based on gps (although I'm not sure how much power the gps uses..?). I'm in a wifi zone of course, and if it's enabled plus I select just gsm while at home, with all my push email accounts and fb/twitter notifications, screen off, it goes to .06W. If wifi is enabled plus the cellular radio is looking around for one of the "better" (non-gsm) technologies, it goes over 1W.

BTW, is gsm in your experience good enough for internet radio like Spotify (I know, not here yet) or 8tracks?
    04-08-13 12:05 AM
    Problem solved! (at least, for me)

Similar to others, I've had a problem with my battery life. When not on wifi, my battery would die in < 5 hrs, even with absolutely zero use of the device. Thanks to the previous posters, I checked for problem apps (such as Ebay), and changed every setting mentioned that may cause the phone to do things in the background (such as location services). Unfortunately, none of that really helped.

I then focused on Active Sync (which one of my 3 email accounts uses). By default, Active Sync "pushes" data. This can be turned off by going through: Settings - Accounts - (select your Active Sync account) - click on the "Advanced" icon at the bottom of the 1st page (beside the "Delete" button) - scroll down to the bottom of the Advanced page and turn off "push" - once you turn off "push", you can select a sync interval (same page).

This completely solved my battery issues! I also asked our IT guy to "check my Active Sync logs". Sure enough, it seems my phone was hammering the server (far more than other users). I'd love to know why, but turning off push seems to solve things for now.

Thanks everyone.
    04-10-13 02:14 PM
    I figured this out as well. unfortunately it didn't help my situation.
    04-11-13 11:31 AM

I then focused on Active Sync (which one of my 3 email accounts uses). By default, Active Sync "pushes" data. This can be turned off by going through: Settings - Accounts - (select your Active Sync account) - click on the "Advanced" icon at the bottom of the 1st page (beside the "Delete" button) - scroll down to the bottom of the Advanced page and turn off "push" - once you turn off "push", you can select a sync interval (same page).
    What exactly is active sync defined as? Is it not the process of emails getting pushed to the phone automatically?

I TOO am having thee MOST AWFUL batter issues. I have NO apps installed on my phone (besides a recent installation of IM+, which is awful). The phone charges overnight in bed and when I wake up it is still charging. The phone is hot 24/7 and even more hot when it is in my pocket for a half hour in or in gym bag for an hour and a half.

I gave it a week or so to see how it will go but I legit cannot leave the house without the phone dying SO FAST that it leaves my phone rendered useless within a very short time frame. I'm pretty upset about this because I love the crap out of the phone and BlackBerry. Having been with BlackBerry for over 10 years I just hope there is something I can do to keep my phone and not have to go back to an older phone because I have to send this one out or the likes.

Should I too, look into just deleted the IM+ app?

Should I go to ATT and ask for a manager and/or call BlackBerry Tech's?
    04-12-13 11:01 AM
    I having some what having the same problems with the battery. It dies within 5 hrs or so. I am not sure why would that be. I even got the recent update from att that is suppose to be have some battery improvements but I am not seeing anything changing at all. But did the push data really solved the issue? I hope that this issue with be solved with the 10.1 update. Or sooner.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 12:58 PM
    It definitely appears to be active sync related. I had the issue on two phones, both Had two accounts. One phone I wiped completely, the other I deleted my email accounts completely. If I run only one email account, I have no issues. When I add my live.com account, the issue comes back but only after a few days.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 11:52 AM
    My battery life was okay. I take my phone off the charger at 8:00am and usually put it back on at 11pm when I go to bed. I'm typically down to 30 - 20 percent. I have 2 active sync email accounts, 2 more polling email accounts(every 15 minutes) LinkedIn, Evernote, and box. I'm on LTE for most of the day and only on wifi for the last three hours of the day.

Today I tried an experiment and turned off the gestures on the lock screen via the options menu. Wow what a difference! I'm about 90mins away from going to bed and my phone just dropped from 80 to 75 percent! I have two batteries for my phone. I noticed the spare unit that I bought last approx 20 percent less than the one that came with my phone(that's another issue....battery quality). My test today was done with the spare battery that has never lasted as long as my original battery.

It's a bit of a pain to have to press the button to wake the device up before swiping up to unlock. But for days when I really want my battery to last as long as possible I will be turning off the gestures on the lock screen.

Hopefully this tip works for others.
    04-17-13 08:24 PM
    All the suggestions are great. Unfortunately i have tried many of them without any improvement. So my last resort was checking out the Weather app on my Z10. I love this app on my PlayBook, but i don't really use it. While in the app i don't notice any setting that allows for switch the refresh intervals, so i thought maybe this could be the culprit. In the Weather app if you swipe down from the top you have the option to add other locations or to remove them, i clicked on the x to delete my location yesterday. Today i have noticed a slight difference in battery life. I will keep an eye out and report back in a few days. Try it maybe this is the problem on some Z10's out there.
    04-18-13 11:21 AM
    Have you sent an email from the Pictures app recently? It often gets in a loop and starts sending the email constantly, so I recommend checking the sent emails folder from a desktop to see. My Z10 was doing it, and got very warm and the battery wouldn't last two seconds.
    04-18-13 11:24 AM
    Update: it has been 36 hours off the charger and my phone is at 35 percent. Turning off the gestures has made a huge improvement in my battery life. I used the phone for a solid 3 hours out of the last 36. Has anybody else experienced an increase in battery life after turning off gestures?

I forgot to mention in my first post that I also had the CB app , WhatsApp and the weather app running at the same time for the last 36 hours.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 07:39 PM
    I don't have an active sync account but was having the exact same issue. My phone was drawing 1+watts on standby which will kill a battery in 5-6 hours. The phone actually ran cooler when being used. I reloaded os and did not restore. Lost some notes and contact information but I now have my phone back.
    Battery dying very fast-img_00000003.png

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 08:02 PM
    I'm not having bad battery life, but I'm trying the gestures suggestion.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 08:07 PM
    Update#3 for lock screen and gestures test -. Just over 50 hours off the charger and the phone just hit the 20 percent level! Loving my Z10 even more now!

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 09:17 AM
    You want to see bad battery life!

Battery dying very fast-img_00000055.png

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 07:43 PM
    You want to see bad battery life!
    Given your power consumption there, battery life may be about what you should expect. One issue is that you've got high power consumption... what are you doing that is chewing up 2.37W almost continuously? Certain you've got the screen on the entire time, but you must also be doing something (or your phone is) that is making the CPU do a lot of work, and/or you have the brightness at full, or something else like that. Or the phone's defective, but that's rather rare compared to any other possibility.

Then there's that apparent drop from about 72% to 39%. Any idea what you were doing at that point? A reboot, and/or battery swap, or anything else? Clearly the battery does not normally jump like that, although at infrequent times the OS can certainly recalibrate the battery remaining numbers, resulting in a big jump. It's usually less though... but perhaps your battery was brand new?
    04-28-13 10:06 AM
    Turn off gestures when locked in ur settings menu end of story

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 10:16 AM
    I made a thread about 'try this battery saving tip' that neatly outlines instructions to turn off unlock gestures. This has worked for many people.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 10:56 AM
    On another forum I found a suggestion to turn off "diagnostics" in settings, and it should improve the battery life a great deal.
    I can't check it out myself: still waiting for Paypal to take care about the fraud seller I sent my money to after the eBay auction, that was supposed to bring me closer to Z10...
    If you find this in the settings, post back your findings...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-28-13 11:20 AM
    Given your power consumption there, battery life may be about what you should expect. One issue is that you've got high power consumption... what are you doing that is chewing up 2.37W almost continuously? Certain you've got the screen on the entire time, but you must also be doing something (or your phone is) that is making the CPU do a lot of work, and/or you have the brightness at full, or something else like that. Or the phone's defective, but that's rather rare compared to any other possibility.

Then there's that apparent drop from about 72% to 39%. Any idea what you were doing at that point? A reboot, and/or battery swap, or anything else? Clearly the battery does not normally jump like that, although at infrequent times the OS can certainly recalibrate the battery remaining numbers, resulting in a big jump. It's usually less though... but perhaps your battery was brand new?
    I switched batteries at that point because I'm having such a big problem with battery life. I have another Z10 and charge the battery in that one.

I think it's an ActiveSync issue because I've had the account removed for the last 12 hours & battery life is great.

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-28-13 06:32 PM
99 ... 234