So the problem is partially solved for me. It was my email (Hotmail). I guess it's due to the conversion to outlook!

Since last Thursday my emails were not coming into my blackberry for whatever reason although I was able to send.

I guess it's a sync problem that created a lot more than not receiving emails: Over data usage (3GO in 5 days) and battery life.

I deleted my email yesterday and now everything is back to normal. I should try to reconfigure my email but I'm scared since Bell already charged me extra 30 $ for my data.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 10:11 AM
    New Verizon Z10 user... so far at 50% battery after 18.5 hours (still on older OS version)...mostly on standby but I've surfed a bit and downloaded some apps...have also sideloaded a few apps.

I wonder if the poor battery phenomena is dependent on the type of apps installed...sounds like ebay is a major culprit or any apps that do constant monitoring.
    04-03-13 10:22 AM
    My battery only lasted 2 or 3 hours when I first got my z10. I tried turning off the wi-fi, but that didn't help. Phone was hot all the time, even if I hadn't used it recently. Happened to be at the mall, so I stopped in the Verizon store and the rep checked my mobile network connections -under mobile network, network technology was set to "global" -apparently by default, because I didn't choose that option . Changed setting to "LTE/CDMA" and have had great battery life since. Yesterday used phone on and off all day and battery icon shows still half charged at the end of the day.
    bauer883 likes this.
    04-03-13 10:42 AM
    My battery only lasted 2 or 3 hours when I first got my z10. I tried turning off the wi-fi, but that didn't help. Phone was hot all the time, even if I hadn't used it recently. Happened to be at the mall, so I stopped in the Verizon store and the rep checked my mobile network connections -under mobile network, network technology was set to "global" -apparently by default, because I didn't choose that option . Changed setting to "LTE/CDMA" and have had great battery life since. Yesterday used phone on and off all day and battery icon shows still half charged at the end of the day.
    Great discovery! Hope that can help others too. Thanks for sharing!
    04-03-13 10:45 AM
    That is a cool discovery for those on Verizon. AT&T Z10 does not have the Network Technology option listed

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 11:12 AM
    I've kept an eye on my battery lately, today for example it came off charge at 7:25am it's now 17:25 and it's at 66% so I'm quite pleased it's only used 33% in all that time

Made a few calls, sent a few texts and a couple of bbm's, played one simple game, BT off apart from the drive to work for the car kit, wifi on connected to the work access point. Sideloaded ebay app with notifications disabled. Screen on full brightness and screen sleep at default time
    04-03-13 11:25 AM
    The Score doesn't seem as customizable as on my 9900... kind of a bummer...
    04-03-13 11:39 AM
    I've kept an eye on my battery lately, today for example it came off charge at 7:25am it's now 17:25 and it's at 66% so I'm quite pleased it's only used 33% in all that time

Made a few calls, sent a few texts and a couple of bbm's, played one simple game, BT off apart from the drive to work for the car kit, wifi on connected to the work access point. Sideloaded ebay app with notifications disabled. Screen on full brightness and screen sleep at default time
    Battery life of Z10 is good. Not best, but very good because battery lasts easily for whole day with heavy usage, and it goes for 2 days with normal usage.

People have issues with battery life because they leave certain apps running in background which eats battery .

So issue here is not hardware - its bug in app softvare.
    slparry likes this.
    04-03-13 12:04 PM
    Battery life of Z10 is good. Not best, but very good because battery lasts easily for whole day with heavy usage, and it goes for 2 days with normal usage.

People have issues with battery life because they leave certain apps running in background which eats battery .

So issue here is not hardware - its bug in app softvare.
    So why those people who uninstall everything and still get terrible battery life?

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 01:19 PM
    I was having battery issue also. i had bb travel but got rid of it. i had side loaded yahoo bb and pandora but didnt think either was the issue. i have wall paper hd loaded. i got battery guru and was watching my battery go downhill during the day and thought one of the major issues for me was the LTE signal strentgh during day as i'm in the big city and it's fluxuates in my building.........well i remember someone mentioning doing a backup and restore. i did so last nite and battery is the best since i got the phone. Do note i did not put the sideloaded apps back. i also have CB10 app. so there is hope!!!! i got off charger 7:30am and i now have %52, i would be at around %25 the other day.
    04-03-13 01:33 PM
    No apps installed and everthing turned off and I was luck to get 5 hrs. in stand by. Deleted my exchange/activesync email account and the battery has not drained a bit in 4 hrs.
    iamdavidi likes this.
    04-03-13 02:44 PM
    So why those people who uninstall everything and still get terrible battery life?
    Because, of course, these are complex devices and there are many possible reasons why high power consumption may occur.

Unfortunately, some people seem to think that because they don't have problems, anyone else who claims they do must be wrong.

So far, confirmed problems (in different cases) include defective batteries, defective phone hardware, certain Android apps, certain native apps (at least BB Travel, though that's now fixed), issues with LTE or other bands, issues with heavy wifi traffic on the same hotspot, issues with account configuration, people misunderstanding which features really drain significant battery (i.e. screen is the largest), people with the wrong expectations, people not knowing about certain settings which may affect battery drain, and probably many others.

With all those possible causes, it's a wonder anyone is still trying to tell others they should not be having problems. Many don't have problems: it's not like these phones are unusually problematic in this area compared to most others on the market. They're about typical actually.

For the record, I do not have any of those problems, currently, but obviously some people do. My app can help some people narrow down the cause in their own case, if they are having trouble.
    Andrew N likes this.
    04-03-13 02:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm of of those people who had battery issues with all apps uninstalled, but this was completely resolved with a wipe and restore, so it obviously was a software issue. Very happy with my battery life now (although still annoyed that I had this problem in the first place).

I should include a shout-out to Peter's app Battery Guru, which made it possible for me to diagnose my problem. Peter, given all the random issues people seem to be having with power draws, it would be great if you could post on your app website some benchmarks that people could expect to represent "typical" draws, especially for phones at rest. These battery posts are all over the place and would really benefit from some real numbers to compare to. (Probably would sell more apps too...) "Awesome" versus "sucks" doesn?t get much done.

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-03-13 03:29 PM
    I'm really having issues with battery life. Idle drain is fine but when I go into the hub, write a text or email, the power draw is insane. I shouldn't have the same power draw as looking on facebook. This is so aggravating. How much power does your device use when you write a text or in the hub?

And yes, I am using battery guru. This is my usage today:

Battery dying very fast-img_00000008.png

As you can see, idle is fine. It's when I am writing texts and looking at BBM that is the issue

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 05:14 PM
    My battery life hasn't been good but reading this thread and the blog on saving battery life, I am trying these tips to see if there is a change. Understandable it was low the 1st day I got it, but it was fully charged when I went to bed. When I looked at it 6 hours later, the battery was at only half. I had nothing running in the background that I know of and it was on standby. It was the same again this morning and needed charged before noon. I've let it drain completely twice before I've charged it. I have not played any games, phone call was about half an hour, few bbm messages and I alternated between wi fi and using the network. I have only downloaded the kindle app so far but it has not been opened yet. Day one the battery lasted about about a few hours with doing only the above things.
    04-03-13 05:35 PM
    Typical day for me. Light to moderate usage. Just going to put the phone on charge for the night as it's bed time. Still got just under 46% juice left after taking off charge 16 hours ago.

Can't complain about that really.

Edit: tried posting up a picture of screen shot of battery guru, but CB10 doesn't want to post it up for some reason. Sorry!

Posted via CB10 using my awesome BB Z10
    Last edited by knighty2112; 04-03-13 at 06:29 PM.
    04-03-13 05:45 PM
    After turning off eBay notifications & rebooting, battery life is good.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 08:29 PM
    I swear to god guys! Active sync is the problem... my battery is not even half way after 13 hours

Posted via CB10
    Andrew N likes this.
    04-03-13 08:56 PM
    I had a battery problem for 1/2 day. It was draining fast and getting hot (CPU running hard) when I was not using it. I then deleted the Ebay application that I had installed before the battery problem and now the battery is fine. This Ebay application, which is an android port I think, was misbehaving. In general, I have found the android port application to be not worth the effort. The only one that works for me is the Amazon Kindle reader which does work, on my Playbook and Z10 and did on the 9810 as well.
    04-03-13 09:05 PM
    I use active sync for 5 of my emails including a Gmail account with calendar and contacts. no unusual drain... moderate to heavy used. but I noticed that sometime certain applications would hang I'm the memory and might (I said might) drain the battery.

What I would do is open the browser and open 30 empty tabs and it would force BlackBerry to close all process... I always suspected the Android runtime to be the biggest problem

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 09:49 PM
    After turning off eBay notifications & rebooting, battery life is good.

Posted via CB10
    That is the problem with the eBay app. You actually need to reboot after you closed it to make it shut up, even though you have everything turned off in the settings. As cool as that app is, it is a shame that it still has stuff going that sucks power even though it isn't necessary.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 09:54 PM
    I'm really having issues with battery life. Idle drain is fine but when I go into the hub, write a text or email, the power draw is insane. I shouldn't have the same power draw as looking on facebook. This is so aggravating. How much power does your device use when you write a text or in the hub?

And yes, I am using battery guru. This is my usage today:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000008.png 
Views:	626 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	147100

As you can see, idle is fine. It's when I am writing texts and looking at BBM that is the issue

Posted via CB10
    Looks no different on mine.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 09:54 PM
    Interesting thread.
    I have two Z10's that started this Monday with the battery drain. One is on Rogers, the other Telus. Even when the phone was on standby, there was a steady drain, killing the battery in under 5 hours. My girlfriend has a Z10 on Telus, and did not have the issue. After removing almost all programs with no solution, I thought "what do I have on my two phones that she does not?" Answer, GMail on active sync. I removed my gmail accounts (mail, contacts and calendar as all three sync wirelessly) and I am now back to normal on my battery. After 3 hours on my Telus phone, I am at 96%. My Rogers phone is at 60 % after 4 hours, but i almost never put it down.
    Thus, I concur, Active sync is the issue... in most cases...
    04-04-13 11:44 AM
    Looks no different on mine.

Posted via CB10
    Is that good or bad?
    04-04-13 12:34 PM
    Is that good or bad?
    IDK, but seems to be not so uncommon.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 01:28 PM
99 1234