Hello

Today I was filming a party from my cousin.
    But after filming for max an hour + pics I found my battery almost dead.

I needed to shut down internet to keep it running.

It still works when I write this post.
    I left the charger around 10.30 am and now it's 20.51 pm and I have like 5% left or so?

Is there a way to get and keep more battery for next time I need to film something?

Because I love my z10 to make pics or movies so I would like to have more power left.

Or is this going to be fixed in 10.2?

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 01:53 PM
    Camera needs a lot of juice man..
    This seems normal to me...
    06-06-13 01:55 PM
    Hello

Today I was filming a party from my cousin.
    But after filming for max an hour + pics I found my battery almost dead.

I needed to shut down internet to keep it running.

It still works when I write this post.
    I left the charger around 10.30 am and now it's 20.51 pm and I have like 5% left or so?

Is there a way to get and keep more battery for next time I need to film something?

Because I love my z10 to make pics or movies so I would like to have more power left.

Or is this going to be fixed in 10.2?

Posted via CB10
    uhhhhhh.... if I am understanding your post correctly (and I may NOT be)..... sounds like you're doing pretty GOOD. I mean, FullHD filming, as you state, for a solid hour AND you had the browser going at the same time....HD and movies is/are pretty battery intensive as it were.

The reality is that these devices are getting more and more battery "needy", but need to still be "handy" and portable. Battery life/capacity and performance are a compromise vs. the portability, size and weight of the device.

In my case, I can get 10-14 hours use at moderate use, and proportionately less with high use (like using navigation, HD, and other things like that). Overall, I am happy with that given the order of magnitude leap the Z10 represents over a, say, Bold 9780. DO I get 48 hours out of a battery like my bold did? No. Did a have a usable browser and HD screen that was actually usable on the internet without a microscope? No.

Again, it's a trade-off.

My wife is LUCKY to get 4-5 hours out of here droid at "full use". Just my $0.05

ALL of us, without doubt, want the battery life we enjoyed with our legacy devices.... but they didn't have HD screen, multi-core processors, HD capability, and all of the other neat stuff that we take for granted NOW.
    06-06-13 02:02 PM
    You got 11 hours, with one full hour filming in HD? What else did you do? Seems pretty decent to me for one battery. I go home after 10 hours and with light to med usage I am around 60%. If I used it heavy, I would be needing to charge before the end of the day.
    06-06-13 02:03 PM
    Ya 11hrs with 1hr of filming is awesome imo.

If you didn't film you would of got like 15-16hrs I bet

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 02:09 PM
    I filmed, made pics, browsing, Facebook, instagram, twitter also after the filming, also before

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 02:22 PM
    My car drinks petrol when I drive it like a loony....Full HD video requires lots of processing power...>I think you did good with what you have stated
    06-06-13 02:24 PM
    There is a solution for you: Get a second (or even a third) battery.

I have bought the Battery Pack where you can charge both at once and it was a good decision.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 02:45 PM
    Most of the battery consumption during filming (hd or sd) will probably be cause the display needs to be on all the time.
    Not sure if there is a way to turn the display off and continue filming (not that this is the right option) but for like replacing a GoPro or something like that it would be nice to have the option.
    06-06-13 02:47 PM