So as the title suggests, I had an odd situation. My battery life hasn't been terrible, but it never really made it past 13 hours of moderate usage. Today, the battery died within 12 hours. Right before it shuts down automatically, it can dcidd to perform a battery pull. After an hour I put the battery back in and it turns back on with 24% left.

Anyone else experience this odd problem?

Posted via CB10
    Sloppy likes this.
    04-18-13 08:12 PM
    Weird. When my battery is down to less than 10%, I will try this and report back here.
    04-18-13 08:30 PM
    I had a similar event when it was about a week old. Phone got really hot for about an hour and killed the battery during the course of that hour. I could see it happening so I rebooted the phone before it actually died and it came back up with something like 70%. Continued to run for another 5 hours or so without getting hot or any other anomalies. Has never happened again. This occurred before the major software update. Go figger?
    04-18-13 08:33 PM
    I remember this being a phenomenon of older phones. When you would charge the phone while it was on sometimes the phones has a problem with interpreting how charged the battery is and when the phone thinks it's gonna die it shuts down, even if there's charge left in the battery. Usually resetting it, like you did, resets the phone and it recalibrate the battery's charge.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 08:34 PM
    Phone* recalibrates* damn auto correct

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 08:40 PM
    I guess that's what happened. Really weird. I'm on a Canadian carrier, but with the latest version from at&t.

Hopefully my battery is back to normal. And side note: when I remove the phone off the charger in th morning, within the first 30 minutes is down 5%... is that normal? it kinda stabilizes afterwards.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 08:39 AM
    When this happens (it's happened to me in the past several times) make sure that you let the battery drain fully and then charge it up again. This will help recalibrate the battery and you should not really see this issue again. I personally run into this almost all the time if I switch batteries in and out. I find it better to be on a single battery unless I absolutely need to keep running without a recharge.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 11:31 AM
    Yesterday I had 48% left, restarted and then I had 65%. I'm on Verizon 10.0.09.
    04-19-13 12:00 PM