Wallpaper Changer HD. It is a great app that I highly recommend.

Posted via Z10
    Very buggy though
    04-18-13 12:00 AM
    I remember on the PlayBook app, there was a field that showed the strength of the charger. I seem to remember it being being about 2.4 or so when charging with a normal charger and about 5.0 when using a high speed charger. Do you know what I'm talking about?

Anyways, could you explain the different fields to me? I'm a little confused. What is Voltage and Current? What should the numbers be during idle time and during peak use time?

Posted via Z10
    04-18-13 12:06 AM
    That's an outright lie, or misinformation of the worst kind. It's libellous, unless you'd care to provide the slightest bit of data supporting your outrageous claim. Battery Guru absolutely does not "kill ur battery".
    Relax, Peter, there are thousands of us who know better and trust and enjoy Battery Guru.

For those of you who may not know, the author of Battery Guru is recognized by RIM as an expert in his field by making him BlackBerry Elite member. He's also one of the top contributors to the developer forums, educating and helping out other developers with their apps, again recognized with a BlackBerry Developer Community Award. I've seen how much pride he has in his work and how much effort he puts into optimizing Battery Guru to have as little impact on battery life as possible. I doubt whether there is anyone else outside RIM that knows as much about batteries, chargers and power usage on BB10 and PlayBook.

Now, simply running any battery monitor will make you switch on your phone more often to see how it's doing. This alone will affect your battery. In physics, the Observer Effect shows that measuring something will change the result. This is true for any battery monitor. But compared to the dozens of other tasks your phone is always running, the impact of Battery Guru will be negligible.
    peter9477 and sirk25 like this.
    04-18-13 07:40 AM
    I remember on the PlayBook app, there was a field that showed the strength of the charger. I seem to remember it being being about 2.4 or so when charging with a normal charger and about 5.0 when using a high speed charger. Do you know what I'm talking about?
    If you mean on Battery Guru on the PlayBook, it never had a reading like that, but both it and the BB10 version do show Power, which when charging does effectively show the "strength" of the charger.

Anyways, could you explain the different fields to me? I'm a little confused. What is Voltage and Current? What should the numbers be during idle time and during peak use time?
    In a simplistic way, you can think of electricity in a wire as similar to water flowing in a pipe. The water pressure is like voltage (the force of the "push" involved), and current is basically the flow rate (how much water moves past a given point in one second). Power is simply voltage times current. You can generally use it as a "catch-all" that combines the effects of both of those, at least for purposes of figuring out how quickly something is charging or discharging.

The actual values during idle and peak use depend very much on your own situation, but a decent rule of thumb is that idle/standby power should be below 0.1W on average. There's not much that can be said about "peak use" since there are too many factors involved. What we can do is identify which things use the most power, and that's one of the things people are doing with the app.

We know the screen uses the most power, generally, and thus turning down brightness will lengthen your battery life. Heavy wifi or cellular traffic uses lots of power too, as would playing an intensive game. Anyone with the app can perform their own measurements and report the data here to help, in discussion with others, figure out how we can all optimize our devices and improve battery life.
    gregorylkelly likes this.
    04-18-13 08:16 AM
    Very buggy though
    I haven't noticed ANY bugs at all with this app. What are the bugs you are talking about? Maybe I just haven't noticed them, but for me this app has been perfect.
    04-21-13 07:15 PM
    Adjusting screen brightness will help a lot. If you live in an area where signal varies like I do then adjusting the bands your phone will use helps too. I will never get 4G in my area so I selected to use only select bands.

Battery Consumption Question-img_00000057.png

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 07:21 PM
    Adjusting screen brightness will help a lot. If you live in an area where signal varies like I do then adjusting the bands your phone will use helps too. I will never get 4G in my area so I selected to use only select bands.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000057.png 
Views:	200 
Size:	103.2 KB 
ID:	153646

Posted via CB10
    Verizon doesn't have the option to turn off LTE. Drives me nuts!

Posted via Z10
    04-21-13 08:10 PM
    Turning off diagnostics and turning off allow gestures when locked were the two winners for me. Wifi stays on and bluetooth is on when needed.
    04-21-13 08:20 PM
    Verizon doesn't have the option to turn off LTE. Drives me nuts!

Posted via Z10
    That stinks...

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 08:27 PM
34 12