Can someone with knowledge about the Z10 battery usage please look at the attached screen shots and let me know if things look normal? My battery does not seem to last long at all and I need to charge during the day to last.

Battery Consumption Question-img_00000307.png
    Battery Consumption Question-img_00000308.png
    Battery Consumption Question-img_00000309.png

By the way, I'm running the official Verizon OS.

Posted via Z10
    glenniem and pili4 like this.
    04-17-13 02:31 PM
    the more active tiles you have open that faster your battery will drain...as long as the tile is open that application is still running.
    04-17-13 02:35 PM
    I guess what I'm trying to point out is the time to empty on the Battery Guru app. The scary thing is that the time shown is actually close to correct.

Posted via Z10
    04-17-13 02:46 PM
    Battery guru kills ur battery. Wipe n watch what aops you use.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 02:53 PM
    Do you have OS version .85? Or an older version? The updates have improved battery life. That and as the phone learns more about your usage habits it seems to improve as well.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    04-17-13 02:56 PM
    get rid of battery guru and turn off wifi and bluetooth if their not being actively used...I turn off my network connection will I'm at work since I dont get a signal in the building anyway and my battery last all day long
    04-17-13 02:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    Really? That's pretty messed up! However, my battery was horrible long before I put Battery Guru on my phone, yesterday. In fact, my battery was never good, even since day 1 when I had no apps on it.

I just wanted to know if my Power/Time remaining numbers made sense or if I may have an issue.

Posted via Z10
    04-17-13 02:58 PM
    Do you have OS version .85? Or an older version? The updates have improved battery life. That and as the phone learns more about your usage habits it seems to improve as well.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10

Battery Consumption Question-img_00000310.png

I'm still on 10.0 because Verizon sucks!

Posted via Z10
    04-17-13 03:01 PM
    I can't speak for VZ but when ATT came out with the most recent "OS upgrade aka 10.0.116 or whatever" - my battery life almost doubled. Used to go through a charge in a day, now closer to 2 days.

Wait for the upgrade from VZ - I have no idea when it will come for you - or if it already has.
    04-17-13 03:02 PM
    Check your email settings in the hub to see if your emails are set to sync every 30 mins or 4-24 hours, I have 5 accounts and they were at 15 mins, I got maybe 6-7 hours battery life, but with them set to 4-24 hours, lock screen gestures off, NFC/Bluetooth off, send info to bb off and screen at 40% brightness I now get 9-14 hours depending on heavy to mid range usage.

If you've done these ignore my comment.

Edit: oh you don't have the update yet, Verizon is the problem there.
    04-17-13 03:03 PM
    Hmm. It depends what you're doing during that time whether that is normal or not. Are you using the phone the entire time? If the phone is sitting idle with the screen off for periods of time that is certainly not normal. How many watts does Battery Guru report if you just let your phone sit idle for 3 or 4 minutes and then immediately check it? For me, if I have wi-fi off my phone usually draws 0.03w idling and with wi-fi on 0.13w. That can vary depending on your signal (I have excellent signal where I'm at), but if you have 1w or more on idle then I would say something is definitely wrong and would try closing active frames, turning off wi-fi, turning off bluetooth, turning airplane mode on, etc. to see what's causing such a big drain.

Also, Battery Guru does not kill your battery. I have it in an active frame all the time. Makes no difference at all. And keep in mind the time remaining in Battery Guru is based you staying at the current power level for that amount of time, so it will likely vary a bit from that.
    peter9477 and gregorylkelly like this.
    04-17-13 03:08 PM
    Check your email settings in the hub to see if your emails are set to sync every 30 mins or 4-24 hours, I have 5 accounts and they were at 15 mins, I got maybe 6-7 hours battery life, but with them set to 4-24 hours, lock screen gestures off, NFC/Bluetooth off, send info to bb off and screen at 40% brightness I now get 9-14 hours depending on heavy to mid range usage.

If you've done these ignore my comment.

Edit: oh you don't have the update yet, Verizon is the problem there.
    the email syncing might help with my battery issues so will test it out. Appreciate this input because I feel it could be the major culprit.

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK)
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-17-13 04:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    Do you have evidence to support this claim?

OP, no it doesn't. Did it look any different after a wipe?

Posted via CB using my sexy Zee10
    04-17-13 04:09 PM
    Do you have evidence to support this claim?

OP, no it doesn't. Did it look any different after a wipe?

There are multiple posts about this in the z10 section where dozens of people have noticed that removing this app saves battery life. If you think about it, you're running an app to monitor your battery consumption, that would drain your battery.
    04-17-13 04:15 PM
    There are multiple posts about this in the z10 section where dozens of people have noticed that removing this app saves battery life. If you think about it, you're running an app to monitor your battery consumption, that would drain your battery.
    I remember reading that thread. To say dozens of people claimed removing battery guru saved battery life is simply not accurate. Most of those complaining were using other battery apps. Battery guru is very efficient - it only updates data every 2 minutes. Here is my usage today on my Verizon z10 with battery guru and data monitor both running the entire time. This graph looks nothing like OP's so clearly OP's issue is not battery guru. This was with a moderate amount of usage. I'm guessing OP was using their phone the entire time. During periods of high usage my graph looks more like that.

Battery Consumption Question-img_00000011.png

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-17-13 05:17 PM
    I would check what apps you have installed. Some apps refresh in the background and Android apps, I've noticed, don't completely close upon the closing of its Active Frame. Some process running in the background is causing it to drain.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 05:23 PM
    ok... off topic question, but what app are you using to get Batt % - weather - date on that banner on top of your screen?
    04-17-13 05:24 PM
    Here is mine. It never goes past 2 watts. The maximum usage occurs when playing a game and that is like 1.9 watts. For some reason, my radio has been working hard today and it was at 1.5 for awhile but here is my usage:

THIS IS WITH BATTERY GURU RUNNING.

Battery Consumption Question-img_00000019.png

04-17-13 05:33 PM
    Also turn off bluetooth and check what the weather update interval is on wallpaper changer
    04-17-13 05:36 PM
    Battery guru kills ur battery.
    I can assure you that Battery Guru will not have a measurable impact on your battery. I know the author personally. He is the leading authority on battery behaviour on BB10 and PlayBook, and goes to great lengths to make sure his app is as frugal as possible.
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-17-13 05:37 PM
    the more active tiles you have open that faster your battery will drain...as long as the tile is open that application is still running.
    Again, not so. When an app is minimized, the OS will by default stop it running. In that state it will still consume memory, but not battery. Apps can request to remain running in the background (e.g. a music player, GPS tracker, downloader) but the developer of that app will have to take extra steps to do that.
    04-17-13 05:42 PM
    Hmm

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK)
    04-17-13 06:10 PM
    That's an outright lie, or misinformation of the worst kind. It's libellous, unless you'd care to provide the slightest bit of data supporting your outrageous claim. Battery Guru absolutely does not "kill ur battery".

Please provide links to show the "dozens" of posts where you claim this has occurred. You won't be able to, so you might want to withdraw your equally outrageous claim.

To those who may have wondered whether these guys can be believed, I welcome you to investigate this for yourself, rather than taking their word for it.

Battery Guru has been extensively tested, is carefully designed to minimize battery use, and there are NO credible reports of this. I have seen a few unsubstantiated claims, maybe 3-4, but with no evidence offered at any time. I would actually welcome the submission of data that even hinted at this (so I could investigate and fix it, if it were true), but in the almost two years since it was released on the PlayBook, and the month and half since it was released for BB10, nobody has ever provided the slightest data to support this claim.

Does this look like a graph showing any noticeable effect on battery life from this app? Note the longish periods of extremely low consumption. Also be aware I'm actually running two copies of the app simultaneously at all times, and my battery is certainly not shortened thereby.

Battery Consumption Question-img_00001088.jpg
    jdhooghe, bbqkid8 and sirk25 like this.
    04-17-13 06:32 PM
    Really? That's pretty messed up! However, my battery was horrible long before I put Battery Guru on my phone, yesterday. In fact, my battery was never good, even since day 1 when I had no apps on it.

I just wanted to know if my Power/Time remaining numbers made sense or if I may have an issue.
    I agree it would be "pretty messed up" if it were true, but I assure you it's not. You seem like a reasonable person, so I don't think I need to spend more time convincing you of that.

As for the time left... it's technically correct, but because it updates only every two minutes, it won't give you a very useful estimate (right now) if the conditions are not stable.

Note the power at that moment (which would be correct... the OS provides all these values directly). With 69% battery left, and a nominal 6.8Wh battery, that means about 4.7Wh of capacity remaining. Divide that by the power, 4.7 / 1.52 and you get 3.1h, which is close enough to 3.3h to call it the same. (Your battery health reduces the actual capacity, possibly accounting for the small difference.)

I'm working on improvements to the app, to supplement or replace the current OS-provided "time left" value, which I hope will make it more useful for people who hope to use it under rapidly changing conditions. For now, if you see the power reading going up and down a lot (wide variation in the black line on the graph), then you shouldn't rely on the time left value, I'm afraid.
    04-17-13 06:38 PM
    ok... off topic question, but what app are you using to get Batt % - weather - date on that banner on top of your screen?
    Wallpaper Changer HD. It is a great app that I highly recommend.

Posted via Z10
    sirk25 likes this.
    04-17-13 11:52 PM
34 12