Hello all

I was able to update to 10.2.0.424 on Rogers 2 days ago and have had no serious issues till this morning. This the official version, not leaked.

My phone is warm and the battery is burning down rapidly. I plug it in and it is not recharging very fast at all. This is occurring in a 4G area!

Also this morning I could not disconnect from calls. I would end the call but the screen would show connected and the timer was still running. I would have to reboot to clear the screen. Calls are ending normally now.

I have checked for updates but I am current. If it continues I will try a restore.

Cheers
    10-25-13 12:31 PM
    Hi! I recently updates to a variant of the 10.2 using a leak and decided to use Sachesi over my existing installation. I was having a burning battery problem before I loaded it and it was even worse after I installed. The cure for me was to wipe and load the 10.2 version of my choice with autoloader and that has cured my burning battery problems.

My carrier, VZW, will probably not give us the 10.2 for a long time. So I can't test out the same conditions that you find yourself under.
    10-25-13 12:37 PM
    @robotpete did you go into device manager to see what is using up your CPU and draining your battery

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 12:39 PM
    System is running typically 80%+ range and I saw it jump to 104% using 406MB. Everything else is idle.
    10-25-13 12:45 PM
    Ya it takes a couple days for the phone to adapt to the new OS. Just chill and the battery will start lasting longer in a day when all the settings are settled in and configured.
    10-25-13 12:54 PM
    @robotpete that seems really high. I am experiencing the same problem. Battery lasts 3 hours and phone is hot. My BBM is using anywhere from 48-60% of the CPU

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 12:54 PM
    I actually noticed that since the update the battery seems to last longer.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 01:27 PM
    My battery lasts pretty damn long with the Rogers official 10.2.0.424 update (took off at 4am and after medium-heavy use, its at 71% @ 14:45). Try doing a hard reset (hold up and down volume buttons until the BlackBerry circle thing starts up). I always do this as well as a security wipe when installing leaks, and figured it would probably work for the official release too.
    Amey88 likes this.
    10-25-13 01:43 PM
    Hello all

I was able to update to 10.2.0.424 on Rogers 2 days ago and have had no serious issues till this morning. This the official version, not leaked.

My phone is warm and the battery is burning down rapidly. I plug it in and it is not recharging very fast at all. This is occurring in a 4G area!

Also this morning I could not disconnect from calls. I would end the call but the screen would show connected and the timer was still running. I would have to reboot to clear the screen. Calls are ending normally now.

I have checked for updates but I am current. If it continues I will try a restore.

Cheers
    The first few days after you install new software the phone will be like that.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
    10-25-13 01:59 PM
    If you can, find a connection to wifi. It's just reindexing the hub.

From zedten
    10-25-13 02:14 PM
    @robotpete what is the main draw on the CPU

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 09:29 PM
    Weird. Mine has been better!

Night Radio Show Tune-In and Discussion: C0012487D Q&A with an Ex-Mormon/LDS: C00121BDD
    10-25-13 09:31 PM
    Same problems after updating to 10.2 official on Rogers

Battery drains very fast and has a hard time charging. This is because the hub is not working well.
    One of my IMAP email accounts is no longer working. 10.2 is a mess!

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 10:56 PM
    Try re-enter email passwords. Also check your apps, as refresh rates may reset to default (15 minutes in most cases). Otherwise the OS will settle after few days.

Jakarta, Indonesia
    10-26-13 12:10 AM
    Hi! I recently updates to a variant of the 10.2 using a leak and decided to use Sachesi over my existing installation. I was having a burning battery problem before I loaded it and it was even worse after I installed. The cure for me was to wipe and load the 10.2 version of my choice with autoloader and that has cured my burning battery problems.

My carrier, VZW, will probably not give us the 10.2 for a long time. So I can't test out the same conditions that you find yourself under.
    I am on Verizon. Used Sachisi to update to 10.2.0.1791. No issues...used Canada / Rogers STL100-3 files from Sachisi download...

Trusted Member Genius
    10-26-13 02:54 AM
    Indeed, the battery drain seems to be caused by one of my IMAP email accounts.
    It uses "mail" as the IMAP Path Prefix. That works fine on the PlayBook and worked in 10.0 and 10.1 but has been messed up in 10.2.
    I have deleted that email account (nothing else works) and the battery is fine now.
    I checked that the Hub consumes most of the power when that email account is active.

It seems that almost every time there is an update, IMAP email or the flash player on Livestation is messed up.
    This happened with the PlayBook system updates last year.
    Now the Playbook is fine.
    The Livestation streaming is fixed for the first time on Z10 in 10.2, but the IMAP email is messed up.
    I deleted and recreated the Email account several times but Z10 fails to contact the mail server, and does not allow me to save the setting if "mail" is used as an IMAP path prefix. If I don't use"mail" I can save the account but receive no email, I can only send emails. However, the HUB goes wild. drains the battery an slows down the phone and can't read any other email account, or text message.
    For now, the only solution is to remove that email account and everything seems fine.

I have another IMAP account, which does not need "mail" which works fine! But my work IMAP account does not work, rendering my phone pretty useless other than as an entertainment portable multimedia platform. I can watch TV in the kitchen but cannot do any true mobile computing work, which is what my phone is for.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 10:37 AM
    I'm also having problem with imap since the update. Running 10.2 for over a week now but my imap email account keeps asking me to re-enter password and battery gets very hot lasting only a few hours. I delete this problematic account and battery life is great again but this is my university email and is critical for me; they don't support exchange on blackberry anymore which is disappointing. Anyone have any ideas?
    10-31-13 07:23 AM
    I actually noticed that since the update the battery seems to last longer.

Posted via CB10

Agreed !
    10-31-13 07:27 AM
    Since updating to OS10.2.1 (which took 3 hours before the phone would turn back on) my battery life has decreased by about 40% and the browser is ever so slow. Takes 60 seconds or longer for FB to open - as well as other web sites .... BUT love the fact that we have reverted to the old BB tried and tested feature of deleting emails either from phone, server or from both. This was so missed for the past year!
    01-31-14 05:08 AM