Any word on when banks will release there mobile banking apps for BB10 (Bank of America, BB&T, Wells Fargo, etc)

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 08:32 AM
    Not sure about the states but I spoke to TD in Canada and they said it was taking time because the new bank apps that they are making include support for nfc tap and pay through the app. Perhaps the same is said for US banks

Posted with BlackBerry Z10
    R Field, skibnik and sosof like this.
    04-03-13 08:35 AM
    Why not write to your bank.
    The more people requesting an app for the BlackBerry 10 platform might help with them establish a demand to get their product out there faster.

Proudly posted via Z10 on CB10
    R Field, Mecca EL and RazzBerry like this.
    04-03-13 09:34 AM
    Thanks Kman13. I sent a request through Twitter, but have not received a response yet.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 09:44 AM
    I was able to sideload both PNC and Wells Fargo android apps. I can check balances, transfer and deposit checks. While waiting for a native application using these in the mean time is very convenient. If you need me to i can give you the links to the PNC and Wells Fargo apps i have converted.
    smertz, Mecca EL and hvnfunbb like this.
    04-03-13 09:50 AM
    I'm also waiting on UK banks to get moving with their apps.

I know that Natwest and RBS are working to bringing theirs to BlackBerry 10. Hope it's not an Android port though.

Posted via CB10
    hvnfunbb likes this.
    04-03-13 09:54 AM
    For the moment I use pageonce I can see my balances of almost any bank and such but still waiting for my bank app BofA

Posted via CB10
    hvnfunbb likes this.
    04-03-13 09:57 AM
    Chase Bank !!!
    04-03-13 09:58 AM
    TD in Canada ...include support for nfc tap and pay through the app
    THANK GOD -- it's about time more financial institutions got on with this. Depending on how well the implementation works, I may switch over from using my Canadian Tire MasterCard for all my monthly purchases / points to my TD Visa. We've had NFC since the 9900 and it's implementation in the payments world is far overdue. Similarly with building access instead of beep cards.
    hvnfunbb likes this.
    04-03-13 10:21 AM
    THANK GOD -- it's about time more financial institutions got on with this. Depending on how well the implementation works, I may switch over from using my Canadian Tire MasterCard for all my monthly purchases / points to my TD Visa. We've had NFC since the 9900 and it's implementation in the payments world is far overdue. Similarly with building access instead of beep cards.
    Just remember that you also need an NFC sim card for the tap and pay to work they are about 15 bucks

Posted with BlackBerry Z10
    04-04-13 08:19 PM
    Even tho i do banking with Scotia bank online threw my Z10 & its good, i would like to see the app for it. Its time the Banks make the app BUT they want to do the NFC thing which takes a while. So i will wait until they make the app.
    04-04-13 08:22 PM
    I messaged Scotiabank (in Canada) about a BB10 app and they replied today saying that they will have a mobile site launcher app in the app store by end of April and are developing a BB10 but have no known release date at this time.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 08:27 PM
    I do miss my bofa app. Thank god for the browser

Posted via CB10
    kevets and hvnfunbb like this.
    04-04-13 08:32 PM
    I messaged Scotiabank (in Canada) about a BB10 app and they replied today saying that they will have a mobile site launcher app in the app store by end of April and are developing a BB10 but have no known release date at this time.

Posted via CB10
    Whats the point of a mobile site launcher when all have have to do is bookmark the mobile site on the desktop & have that as a mobile launcher. I guess the banks are lazy to make a proper app now & days.
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    04-04-13 08:34 PM
    Whats the point of a mobile site launcher when all have have to do is bookmark the mobile site on the desktop & have that as a mobile launcher. I guess the banks are lazy to make a proper app now & days.
    A lot of mobile site launchers open in an app separate from the browser which makes it a little nicer.

Posted via CB10
    hvnfunbb and TrueKulcha like this.
    04-04-13 09:09 PM
    A lot of mobile site launchers open in an app separate from the browser which makes it a little nicer.

Posted via CB10
    I just hope ScotiaBank make a proper app. If they make a app which just opens the mobile site, then they will get a angry email from me.
    04-04-13 09:10 PM
    I just hope ScotiaBank make a proper app. If they make a app which just opens the mobile site, then they will get a angry email from me.
    To my understanding the mobile launcher is a temporary thing until they get their BB10 app operational.
    04-04-13 09:20 PM
    To my understanding the mobile launcher is a temporary thing until they get their BB10 app operational.
    I hope so. I just do not want them to keep it like that. I rather have a build app for banking. My wishing tho lol
    04-04-13 09:21 PM
    Here is why you need a native app. Deposit checks, Cleaner , quicker and customizable. It's very inconvenient when you have to open the browser and log in and yada yada. I use Chase and have been emailing and tweeting them about their lack of support for BB10. Of course all I get back is oh yea we will be sure to pass that on to our mobile team. Also an app is much more secure than a website. I also think . that most business people use a BB and that is the market they are after. Not the broke A$$ android people
    However on second thought the broke A$$ droid folks probably pay a boatload more over drawn fees LOL
    04-04-13 09:28 PM
    I was able to sideload both PNC and Wells Fargo android apps. I can check balances, transfer and deposit checks. While waiting for a native application using these in the mean time is very convenient. If you need me to i can give you the links to the PNC and Wells Fargo apps i have converted.
    Can you post or PM me that Wells Fargo link please

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 09:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    Was anything included about using NFC technology for payments? I like the thought of paying with my phone.
    04-04-13 09:38 PM
    TD needs to hurry up

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    04-04-13 09:47 PM
    TD needs to hurry up

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    I hear that! I'm currently using the mobile site and, while it's not too bad on the Z10, the app would be so much nicer.

NFC functionality would be awesome if they included that in the app. I use NFC tags for a number of things now and I've been looking for an app that does this like my TD card does with tapnpay.

Posted via CB10 with my Z10
    04-04-13 10:18 PM
    I need that bmo app

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 10:22 PM
    I hear that! I'm currently using the mobile site and, while it's not too bad on the Z10, the app would be so much nicer.

NFC functionality would be awesome if they included that in the app. I use NFC tags for a number of things now and I've been looking for an app that does this like my TD card does with tapnpay.

Posted via CB10 with my Z10
    The mobile site doest remember my debit number! I hsve to keep pulling out my card

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    04-04-13 10:24 PM
45 12