If your like me and fed up with which apps to uninstall or put Z10 into airplane mode etc, etc......, just to get the thing to back up.
    I found a procedure that has worked with out any hick ups.
    Uninstall link and then download and re install link from BLACKBERRY.com - do not upload the version from your phone. Download and install from BB.com before plugging the z10 in . I backed up today with no problems.
    Had to share this great news .
    04-20-13 10:16 PM
    How else do you get Link?
    Not sure what the "upload the version from your phone" part means.
    AbsoluteT23 likes this.
    04-20-13 10:20 PM
    when you plug in your phone to your pc via usb cable a prompt is supposed to appear asking you to install link , I have never received this prompt , which may be a cause to why I can't install link , don't see why I'm having so many issues with this phone
    04-20-13 10:44 PM
    when you plug in your phone to your pc via usb cable a prompt is supposed to appear asking you to install link , I have never received this prompt , which may be a cause to why I can't install link , don't see why I'm having so many issues with this phone
    Link is already preloaded onto your phone and as soon as you connect your phone to computer it grabs it off the phone.
    Even if I'm wrong and it doesnt grab it off your phone then blackberry has put up a revised version on their website as I followed procedure described above today and it worked.
    04-20-13 10:50 PM
    Link is already preloaded onto your phone and as soon as you connect your phone to computer it grabs it off the phone.
    Even if I'm wrong and it doesnt grab it off your phone then blackberry has put up a revised version on their website as I followed procedure described above today and it worked.
    It is 100% certainly NOT on a BB10 device.

You must have originally had an older release of Link. I had problems with older versions too, but not to the extremes you mention.
    Link has been updated at least a couple times since the Z10 launched Feb 5th.

Regardless, glad everything is working for you now.
    04-21-13 12:53 AM