Hi... i have my z10 and want to do a back up but not through link as I don't use a laptop... is there a way to back up to say...box or dropbox?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 10:14 PM
    Hi... i have my z10 and want to do a back up but not through link as I don't use a laptop... is there a way to back up to say...box or dropbox?
    Posted via CB10
    Not to my knowledge. You would however be able to store the backup file that Link creates on Dropbox, but not actually create the backup on your phone directly to Dropbox. I'll poke some smarter people around here and see if there's any third party solutions I'm not aware of.
    09-24-13 11:23 PM
    What are you looking to backup

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 11:53 PM
    There appear to be some backup utilities in AppWorld although they seem to require access to a computer. In a quick look, I did not notice any that backed up, to say, a sd cd where you might be able to copy that to the Cloud???

Let us know if you find anything.
    09-25-13 12:09 AM
    What are you trying to backup? Settings? Contacts?
    For contacts, you can download intouchapp from app world.
    For BBM contact should be automatically backup, linked to your BB ID. Though I had experience that not all BBM contacts restored.
    For apps, you can always re download it later from app world.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 12:13 AM
    Contacts there's a few apps for, but if you have them synced to an email, you don't need anything. Bookmarks, settings, Remember, etc. There's nothing short of a PC and Link I know of. One of the real shortcomings regarding BB10 at the moment, that G-d willing will be resolved in the near future.
    09-25-13 01:42 AM
    Y-E-S!!!!!

Fire Chest Backup

It's free on BlackBerry World. You will love it!
    BigBadWulf and cman5 like this.
    10-02-13 10:16 AM
    Y-E-S!!!!!

Fire Chest Backup

It's free on BlackBerry World. You will love it!
    While Cloud backup can be handy, the sd-card is available even when a data connection is not available. Any chance that sd-card backup can be added to the app?

Is there a Thread for your app yet? Well, I will ask here - when you do a RESTORE, what happens? Does it "erase" or overwrite the existing Contacts or does it ADD them (potentially creating dupes)?

And thanks for sharing your app.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    10-02-13 11:50 AM
    Good idea. I will add the option to save to SD card. It's going to take several weeks as I have a mountain of feature requests already.

There is also an update coming for the free version that allows you to not encrypt in which case contacts are saved as a vCard file and calendar as iCalendar file.

In response to your second point, yes when restoring the app asks whether you want to remove or keep the current data on the phone. If you are restoring only contacts and select "Remove" then the all contacts will be wiped and replaced from the backup.
    FF22 and cman5 like this.
    10-02-13 12:25 PM
    The following thread was started by a CrackBerry user:

http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...backup-854954/

Perhaps it will do?
    FF22 likes this.
    10-02-13 12:30 PM