I originally bought a Z10 back when T-Mobile USA released. I had a slew of little things I didn't like. I moved over to the Galaxy S4 for about a week - Android wasn't my thing either - and eventually settled on a Lumia 925.

A few months after that I bought a backup phone and chose a T-Mobile branded Z10 and got it unlocked. Coming up to work in Canada I was issued an iPhone 4S which was a pos. Bought a iPhone 5S and after a week of using that I went right back to the Z10.

The call quality, virtual typing, screen size, feel in the hand along with new updated OS and email on a Blackberry is really second to none.

Only thing I miss is the pay by phone app for the parking meters here in Vancouver. I still have my Lumia 925 but found I don't like using it as much. So I went and bought an other Blackberry... an factory unbranded Q10 - SQN100-5.

So on my U.S. line I use my Z10 and on my Canadian line I use the Q10. Everyone at work as an iPhone and they all think I am crazy.

Personally it's pretty clear that Blackberry suffers from a major image problem and lack of customer support. Their products are getting better - still have more work to do. But as a communication device, specifically as a phone and email they are really great. Couldn't be more pleased.
    02-16-14 02:22 PM
    Boy , you've spent some money on phones!!

Proudly posted by an Essex Lad with Z10
    02-16-14 02:26 PM
    Yes I have. But I was able to return my Z10, and S4 without any issues or restocking fees. Same thing with the iPhone 5s. However I am stuck with the Lumia 925 but it's all good.
    02-16-14 02:27 PM
    Odd,me to but donated my lumina to my wife and she loves it...Lum 810

Proudly posted by an Essex Lad with Z10
    robert_in_la likes this.
    02-16-14 02:29 PM
    You hit the nail on the head when you brought up the negative image. When RIM rebranded as BlackBerry I think they made a mistake. Even though blackberry had a huge name recognition, they already had the stigma of being hugely behind the curve (no pun intened) with their devices. IMO, they should have swapped it around and started branding their devices as RIM, or some new fun name they couldve come up with. And seperated their new BB10 from the old outdated OS.

Everyone who was a diehard blackberry faithful wouldve hated it at the time, but honestly ive seen so many people who wont even consider the Z10 or Z30 because of the name and the feeling they have that Blackberrys are all qwerty devices that are only good for reading e-mails.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 02:36 PM
    Parking meter app would be nice in the DC area as well, especially since some meters that are marked as accepting dollar coins don't actually fit dollar coins! that's the district for ya!

Posted via CB10--Z30 in route
    02-16-14 02:38 PM
    Parking meter app would be nice in the DC area as well, especially since some meters that are marked as accepting dollar coins don't actually fit dollar coins! that's the district for ya!

Posted via CB10--Z30 in route
    Don't know how to do it but you can side load Pay By Phone and I believe in the DC area there is an app on Window 10 devices (I've seen it) which would lead me to believe they have it at the Google Play Store... meaning you could side load it. Might be worth checking it out.
    02-16-14 02:43 PM