Well after 2 weeks with the Z10, numerous calls, texts, emails, bbm messages etc with BB Corp. I had to make the decision to return the Z10 to Rogers with buyers remorse.

Don't get me wrong there is a lot of new cool features like the keyboard, pic editing, bbm video but the amount of functionality that was left out is astonishing.

I sent over 20 new bugs to BB Corp in the past week, was promised updates and told they are not "high" priority but it just isn't enough.

I find in my daily travels that a lot of frustrated ex-BB users out there that have switched to iPhone or Android were using old outdated and un-updated devices. I personally was coming from a 9810 Torch running the latest 7.1.0.861 OS with all beta zone apps including BBM, Facebook, Twitter, Blackberry Navigator and I also have a Playbook. It was a huge downgrade when I got the Z10.

I think that BB is going to find that they may gain market share from people that are always looking for the new "cool" thing but hardcore BB users that have grown with the product over the years will be frustrated like myself. I know of alot of people that have returned their phones and the Rogers dealer I talked to said the same thing.

I understand that there will be early adoption pains but items like duplicating/triplicating contacts, not being able to have multiple twitter accounts, Facebook app is basically a link to the mobile site, BB Bridge functionality completely destroyed and 6-8hr battery life are not under this category. These are full on feature removals.

I am expecting alot of flames from other Z10 owners but my hope is to get back on a BB10 device when they get this stuff sorted out.

My 2 cents

PS Don't buy an otterbox case either because the swipes are impossible.
    04-03-13 07:24 PM
    Well after 2 weeks with the Z10, numerous calls, texts, emails, bbm messages etc with BB Corp. I had to make the decision to return the Z10 to Rogers with buyers remorse.

Don't get me wrong there is a lot of new cool features like the keyboard, pic editing, bbm video but the amount of functionality that was left out is astonishing.

I sent over 20 new bugs to BB Corp in the past week, was promised updates and told they are not "high" priority but it just isn't enough.

I find in my daily travels that a lot of frustrated ex-BB users out there that have switched to iPhone or Android were using old outdated and un-updated devices. I personally was coming from a 9810 Torch running the latest 7.1.0.861 OS with all beta zone apps including BBM, Facebook, Twitter, Blackberry Navigator and I also have a Playbook. It was a huge downgrade when I got the Z10.

I think that BB is going to find that they may gain market share from people that are always looking for the new "cool" thing but hardcore BB users that have grown with the product over the years will be frustrated like myself. I know of alot of people that have returned their phones and the Rogers dealer I talked to said the same thing.

I understand that there will be early adoption pains but items like duplicating/triplicating contacts, not being able to have multiple twitter accounts, Facebook app is basically a link to the mobile site, BB Bridge functionality completely destroyed and 6-8hr battery life are not under this category. These are full on feature removals.

I am expecting alot of flames from other Z10 owners but my hope is to get back on a BB10 device when they get this stuff sorted out.

My 2 cents

You were having 6 - 8 hour days on the battery???
    ...I've seen so many people say the same thing about that part of it yet a whole lot said they were getting 12+ hours.

You are also saying that the FB App is simply a link to the mobile site???
    04-03-13 07:30 PM
    Ya, what bugs?

I've been a hardcore BlackBerry user since the company started and this is not only the best device BlackBerry has ever put out, it's the best that anyone has put out. The lack of a few inane social media apps is irrelevant to anyone with an actual job. And my entire company has moved to this device without issues, "Bugs" or anything but positive things to say.

So, I call BS on your phantom issues. Go troll elsewhere

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 07:32 PM
    Never give up!

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 07:34 PM
    No flaming here, just a nice farewell and adieu to another goodbye thread:

Back on my Torch, hope to try the Z10 again shortly!-sound-music-goodbye.jpg

Posted via CB10

My 2 cents

Bye.

Honestly tired of these threads. The world doesn't need to know what smartphone you have.
    MaselliMike and allstar0088 like this.
    04-03-13 07:36 PM
    Maybe post the "bugs"...
    04-03-13 07:37 PM
    For me I found the duplicate contact thing fixed itself when I turned off the cloud contacts search. That's what I did but not sure if it will be the fix for others

Posted with BlackBerry Z10
    04-03-13 07:37 PM
    If the phone is not for you in it's current state then so be it. Need tl use what works for you. Maybe you will be back. Good luck with whatever you choose.
    04-03-13 07:38 PM
    That sucks! Hopefully you're back after any future updates.

Did u roll back to the Torch?

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    04-03-13 07:38 PM
    Out of curiosity what were the bugs you sent to BlackBerry? We're you able to do any of the updates sent out by BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    04-03-13 07:39 PM
    Funny that the OP has only 14 posts...also funny how many of the people returning the Z10's have a very low post count here eh? Funny that the OP hasn't told us what the bugs are...wow...
    04-03-13 07:40 PM
    I came from the 9810 also and no way this thing is going back. I get excellent battery life and the modern UI is a dream to use. Everyone is different though so best of luck.

Posted via CB10
    allstar0088 likes this.
    04-03-13 07:40 PM
    I hope you enjoy your next device. Something that I've come to realize in this smartphone world is there is no such thing as the PERFECT device, just try to find one thats close to YOUR wants and needs......ENJOY
    04-03-13 07:43 PM
    Kthxbai
    04-03-13 07:48 PM
    Funny that the OP has only 14 posts...also funny how many of the people returning the Z10's have a very low post count here eh? Funny that the OP hasn't told us what the bugs are...wow...
    Don't forget.....a 'dealer' also told him this. Detect-a-troll 101: "Don't get me Wrong" followed by good comment and then bashing resumed.

Unreal

Posted via CB10
    R Field likes this.
    04-03-13 07:51 PM
    I love my Otter box, by far the best case for it!

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 07:52 PM
    I have had the 8310,8900,9700,9810 and now the Z10. This is by far the best BB I have had - I love it - I now have a usable phone that does everything I need. I haven't had any issues like those posted here. My battery life is 16 hrs+. The only scare I had one day was when I lost my 2000+ contacts - only to realize that if you swipe from the left, you can select which contacts are displayed (i.e. found the contacts, phew).

If you look for potholes, you will find them. To say the Z10 is a step backward - huh? -yes, there may be some quirks, but have some patience - it'll all be sorted out.
    Craig Tewsley and MaselliMike like this.
    04-03-13 07:57 PM
    I also came from the 9810 and I see the Z10 as a massive upgrade. No chance I would go back. In fact it is hard to get the thing out of my hand.

I agree a number of the features from OS 7 are missing and I want to see them on BB10 asap, but then again I also realise the BB7 had a few bugs that weren't rectified until the first couple of months. I had the wouldn't recharge unless you did a hard reset first. After the OS updates the 9810 was awesome, I think 6 months in I even stopped bothering with the updates.

Also have to admit that initially I have complained once or twice that the Z10 couldn't do something like it could on the 9810, then played around or even read the manual and discovered that actually it could do it and often in a better, way cooler way.

Some of the BB7 features I can live without, some I want now but can get around doing other things (eg auto on /auto off , now I just leave the phone in sleep mode and charging). Some I want a fix for immediately, such as the reboot thing. Can't wait until more APIs are released so developers can make apps run in the background and not in active frames.
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-03-13 07:58 PM
    These pointless goodbye threads are so cliche. Here's help for others that feel the need to bash before they leave.

I need more attention before leaving!

Ya, I am an unabashed BB supporter. Don't like that? Then put me on ignore.
    04-03-13 07:58 PM
    I just find it SO hard to believe these "I returned my Z10" threads. Especially from people coming from legacy devices. I came from a 9810 which I thrashed daily and loved. With that said, the Z10 is galaxies better and far more efficient.

These threads are just BS, I do not believe the OP one tiny bit
    sosof, sunjammer and ghundiraj like this.
    04-03-13 08:00 PM
    Bye.....

another "customer from h e l l" gone, and less hassle for BB corp.

Good riddance!
    04-03-13 08:04 PM
    If anyone cares I will share all of the bugs that I have sent.

No troll here, I have a low post count because I never had any issues with my 9810, 8530, 8330, 7130e etc

1. Cannot set up multiple accounts on twitter native
    2. Facebook app, cannot turn off birthday/contact sync
    3. With Birthday sync all birthdays are 1 day ahead on calendar regardless of settings
    4. mypin text shortcut doesn't work
    5. Send direct message reply from twitter in the hub and under some conditions it sends a phantom reply with date of Dec 31
    6. send PIN number in email to someone else where you are CC'd and if you touch the PIN hyperlink it takes you to a phantom grey BBM screen
    7. No select all on Broadcast message in BBM
    8. From Hub main screen receive a BBM from a contact, marks message read without opening message but led flashes and HUB says 1 notofication
    9. Open contact in BBM and close contact without typing and it opens active chat window
    10. Cannot set refresh rate for twitter or facebook feeds in background and cannot log out. (look out when roaming)
    11. Delete an app within a folder and icon still appears on thumbnail view
    12. Transfer device using BB link and if any appointments in the past were re-occuring and had an end date, they repopulate until infinity in BB calendar crashing phone

There is a few that I have sent and Michael Clewley and Mike Young from BB have verified. I have had email correspondance with Thorsten Heins, Ken Smith and Andrew Bocking as well.
    04-03-13 08:06 PM
    I wonder if I can get CEO approval to simply close threads like these before they get out of hand. I hate to say it, but they always seem to.

I'll monitor this one, but, if it strays, boom! Just saying
    Yeah, just close it. Ask forgiveness later.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 08:07 PM
134 123 ...