Six months ago Z10 died never turned on again ,2 batteries and multiple chargers. Tried everything for weeks but it was dead. Bought a motog day my z10 broke. Liked it but broke the screen in two weeks. Bought a note4 which is what I have now and it's the worst phone I've ever used. The screen and size is fine and stylus is great and I can't argue the 15 day battery life or the way it handles folders and photo galleries but going from blackberry back to android was hard. I missed the good spell check, better keyboard and reliability. The letter font and everything to do with communication is a better experience on bb10. Well I decided to give ye ol Z10 a try again yesterday and bam! I have life. The biggest smile on my face as I see the red LED ... it booted up after a couple tries of pulling the battery and failing to this

Back to life-20150114_184039.jpg

After a couple reboots and another 45 minute time out where I thought it went dead again - it came alive and has been running glitch free for a day. About 2 hrs of playing around rebooting. I even got to update the OS. So instead of reminiscing I decided to head over to the local crack alley and tell my story. It gives me a proper excuse to use this awesome keyboard.
    01-15-15 09:30 PM
    01-15-15 11:08 PM
    Very happy for you! Perhaps this will become the case for others as well, as I've seen some posts about how z10's just die and won't turn on again and stuff all the time.
    01-15-15 11:19 PM
    I wish I could still use it. A couple weeks before it died the mic went and I could only use speakerphone. Some nice dude off of crackberry sent me a new mic for free to Canada all the way from England although I literally got the mic in the mail 2days after it died. If I can find it I may take the plunge and play operation on my blackberry. Man this typing is fun... think I'm going to just keep typing and typing and typing
    BionicKris likes this.
    01-16-15 12:01 AM
    I also had the mic go on my Z10 and I ordered a replacement. Here's a good YouTube video on how to replace the mic on the Z10 and the tools needed to do the job. It doesn't look very complicated at all.

Go for it! You can do it. :-)

Proud BB10 user. The best kept secret in mobile ;-)
    russworman likes this.
    01-17-15 02:28 AM