Like many other users, my Z10 when connected to my 2012 Civic Bluetooth, will automatically connect to my Z10 music folder and start playing whatever is in the folder... In my case, all I have there is my ring tones which I downloaded from the Blackberry site.
    So I have to manually go to the phone and close out the music folder, but of course, as soon as I toggle through on my cars selected audio input and back to bluetooth, once again, the folder will open up and start playing my ring tones.
    I eventually went to Bell and complained about this problem, and I was given a person at Rimm to talk to , I got up to level 3 in Rimm, and they had me send a log file of my phone to them, so they could analyze it, to see if there was a problem with the phone or not, causing the music folder to open automatically upon activating the car Bluetooth.
    Well they called back tonight, and said, the phone is doing what it is suppose to do, as its designed that way.. He said some cars the music folder wont open, and on other cars it will. Its just the nature of the beast..
    Upon which I told him, this is just plain stupid, as there should be some setting in the Z10 that would let us decide, if the phone should connect automatically to the car or not when it comes to audio files.
    I also explained to him that I am not alone in this , as there are many other users out here who have he exact same problem, and are just as frustrated as I am..
    He said he would mark it down for future consideration for upcoming bug fixes.. It just sounded to me, like he wasnt really too concerned about it.
    I would suggest to anyone else out here, to do the same thing I did, go to your local wireless supplier, and ask to speak to a RImm representitive , as they will put you through to them on their phone, and complain the same way I did, as maybe the more that complain, the more they will take this matter serious.
    05-07-13 07:22 PM
    the Bluetooth in my 2011 pick up does just that when it connect it open the music app start playing music but in a like fast forward then skip and more fast forward playing.

when I had my iphone and wanted to stream music via Bluetooth that is what I was doing open up the music app of the phone in order to play but it was playing kind of 2 songs at once and /or playing fast forward until I realize that I did not have to open up the music app

now the bbry does that too even if I don't touch the phone. but I I use a Bluetooth parrot headset it plays fine

very annoying.

I think there is a problem with the software Bluetooth in the truck but on the other hand it was playing nice with my iphone and bb9700

so I don't know what to think anymore

I tried to asked into the forum but I had no response
    05-07-13 08:13 PM
    if I use a cable to the audio jack it plays fine
    05-07-13 08:16 PM
    if I use a cable to the audio jack it plays fine
    I have the same problem. I just got the z10 and have a 2011 ram pickup truck. My music doesn't suddenly start up. But when I go to play my music its sounds like it is fast forwarding and skipping. I try getting new OS software and have tried repairing. Still nothing. I'm not entirely tech savey but can tell this is a problem. My 9700 worked perfectly fine in the truck before. So I don't think it's the truck. It's something in the phone.
    06-03-13 06:09 PM
    Personally, I like it the way it is. I just wish we could put custom ringtones in with the default system ringtones so they don't get played by the music app.
    06-04-13 07:03 AM
    Put your custom ring tones in the "voice " folder and browse for them there.
    Boight likes this.
    06-12-13 04:35 PM
    I have an aftermarket Kenwood head unit in my car, and it has play/pause and track skip buttons for controlling audio streaming devices connected via Bluetooth. Here's what happens when my Z10 connects to the head unit, depending on what's going on on the Z10:

No audio apps running: nothing happens when connection is made. If I press the play/pause button on the head unit, the Music app starts up in shuffle mode and plays a random track.

Audio app running, audio paused: when the Z10 connects, the album/artist info will be displayed on the head unit's screen, but audio doesn't play until I press the play/pause button on the head unit or on the Z10.

Audio playing: audio plays on Z10 speaker until Z10 connects to head unit, then head unit starts playing the audio instead.

It sounds like it's a combination of the Z10 and your car that are causing the problem. The car stereo is sending the Bluetooth play command to the Z10 as soon as it connects, AND BlackBerry 10 (for whatever reason) opens the Music app and starts shuffle play when it receives the play command and no other audio is already playing.

Have you tried starting an audio app and/or playing audio before connecting to the car stereo? That ought to prevent it from launching the Music app.
    06-12-13 04:49 PM
    I have the same problem. I just got the z10 and have a 2011 ram pickup truck. My music doesn't suddenly start up. But when I go to play my music its sounds like it is fast forwarding and skipping. I try getting new OS software and have tried repairing. Still nothing. I'm not entirely tech savey but can tell this is a problem. My 9700 worked perfectly fine in the truck before. So I don't think it's the truck. It's something in the phone.
    Make sure the auto phone book download feature is off. My 2012 Focus had a similar problem; it's all good now.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 09:42 PM
    am i changeing this on the phone settings. if so how do i do that?
    08-08-13 02:09 PM
    Autodownload (for Sync) is a function of the vehicle's BT system.
    08-09-13 08:09 AM