This search drove me to the brink of insanity. There are so many types and all look 'good' which is disconcerting as we all know this can't be right when we are talking about things made overseas.

So if I may trouble those who have had good success with car mounts to please chime in with their selections.

Black is best Z10!
    08-14-13 11:36 AM
    Yeah, I would like to know as well....been looking for one myself
    08-14-13 11:45 AM
    Sorry I haven't found one that works in my car very well so I fired up my micro-mill and made my own...it sits in my drink holder and has a simple groove that holds it in portrait or landscape without clamps...next best i found was one of those rubber cups that have a slot and sit in drink holders...
    This search drove me to the brink of insanity. There are so many types and all look 'good' which is disconcerting as we all know this can't be right when we are talking about things made overseas.

So if I may trouble those who have had good success with car mounts to please chime in with their selections.

Black is best Z10!
    08-14-13 11:46 AM
    Slipgrip. With a RAM mount. I have the Otterbox Defender version. It might fall off if you slam into a brick wall at 100mph.

Blackberry
    08-14-13 02:02 PM
    What is a ram mount? Looks like the back of the holder has a ball like connection. What does the other end look like? Is it a ball and socket kind of thing?

How is the socket attached to the vehicle?

Black is best Z10!
    08-14-13 02:10 PM
    These are RAM mounts: Testimonials

It's a whole system that you put together the way you want your mount work. Their suction cup is rock solid... better than anything else I've tried, and I have the Panavise mount for my GoPro cameras too.

They have a lower-end plastic version, and their high-end powder-coated metal ones too. They're not $10 made in china stuff, but IMO it's worth the extra $ you save up for.
    08-14-13 02:18 PM
    The iKross mount works well for me. I love that it plugs into the cigarette lighter, has 2 usb ins at 2.A each and has an additional inlet for an additional cigarette lighter peripheral. My favorite part is it all cost under $20

Amazon.com: iKross Universal Cigarette Car Mount Holder with 2 USB Port and Extra Socket for HTC One Sprint Smartphone include Micro-USB Data Cable: Cell Phones & Accessories
    08-14-13 02:19 PM
    I use the iottie mount. It's originally meant for iPhone 4 and 5 but works perfectly for my z10 and my future iPhone 5S.

The bracket that holds the phone slides up and down so you aren't blocking any ports or volume rockers.

http://www.iphonegala.com/p-312518-h...nd-smartphones

Posted via CB10 on my Black Z10.
    08-14-13 03:48 PM
    Great will check those out

Posted via Z's Z10
    08-15-13 05:55 PM
    I've had success with a vent mount. The A/C cools the phone too.

I found mine on ebay for $7.50 so it's worth giving it a try. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...item51ab537671

- aBBuser
    08-15-13 08:35 PM

Black is best Z10!
    I like these guys.

Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts - ProClip USA
    mmcpher likes this.
    08-15-13 08:43 PM
    The iKross mount works well for me. I love that it plugs into the cigarette lighter, has 2 usb ins at 2.A each and has an additional inlet for an additional cigarette lighter peripheral. My favorite part is it all cost under $20

Amazon.com: iKross Universal Cigarette Car Mount Holder with 2 USB Port and Extra Socket for HTC One Sprint Smartphone include Micro-USB Data Cable: Cell Phones & Accessories
    This looked so fantastic that I bought it!!!
    I hope it works as well as it looks. Exactly what I wanted!!
    Thanks for the helpful link, too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    08-15-13 08:56 PM
    This looked so fantastic that I bought it!!!
    I hope it works as well as it looks. Exactly what I wanted!!
    Thanks for the helpful link, too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The biggest issue I can see with something like that is, unless the power outlet is halfway between the top of the dash and the console, by the time you look down to locate the screen, you will have driven off the road!

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 12:54 AM
    Another vote for Pro Clips USA. I've used them for years and they are permanent and very sturdy.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 12:58 AM
    Hello there,
    Welcome to this fantastic site of Automobile information, If you really wanna know about automobiles , just check this out.

Automobile
    10-25-13 01:50 PM
    I picked up a half dozen different types for a couple of bucks each at dx.com. That site is a closely guarded secret. Free shipping regardless what you buy.

I've used them for years.

Via my Z10 beta 10.4.1.1338
    10-25-13 02:27 PM
    Don't get the iOttie that's advertised on this site. I have three of those. The suction cup separates from the window when it's hot and the arms on the side block the charging [i]and[/] HDMI port and they aren't adjustable.
    10-25-13 04:30 PM
    I've had success with a vent mount. The A/C cools the phone too.

I found mine on ebay for $7.50 so it's worth giving it a try. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...item51ab537671

- aBBuser
    Great for the summer. Not so good with the heater on in the winter...lol

Trusted Member Genius
    FF22 likes this.
    10-26-13 03:38 AM
    Went with the proclip system

Clearly not the cheapest solution but it was the most sturdy

Black is best Z10!
    10-26-13 11:10 PM
    Great for the summer. Not so good with the heater on in the winter...lol

Trusted Member Genius
    I've experienced this...noticed battery guru reporting 116F..! Then I figured out I could shut the vent off to avoid that again.

STL3 1791 hybrid w/10.2.1 bars
    10-27-13 12:59 AM
    I went with the proclips mount and the charging dock. Can pretty much throw my Garmin GPS in the garbage now. It never did stay stuck to my nice cracked windshield anyway.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 01:47 AM
    i use this one and it works great... i can mount it on the dash or window... my dash is textured but you just need to stick it on there and hold it for about 30 secs to a minute and then clamped it down and it sticks fine... it also has a super easy mount and release mechanism... so convenient... the only issue i had with this item was that the side grips blocked the charging port... but i easily fixed it by swiveling it upside down... and it holds the phone with absolutely no problems...

and this mount works with other phones pretty well... i got the same mount for my gf and it worked find on her iphone 4s and then she just got a new galaxy s4 and it works for that as well...

if you wait around, this mount can be cheaper... i think i got it for $13... the same mount is sold sometimes on groupon, meritline, etc... if you wait for the right sale, it can be under $13...
    Amazon.com: iOttie HLCRIO102 One Touch Windshield Dashboard Universal Car Mount Holder for iPhone 4S/5/5S/5C, Galaxy S4/S3/S2, HTC One - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
    01-28-14 10:53 AM