04-25-13 10:20 PM
64 123
tools
    I don't like this keyboard anymore. All it does is butcher my words up. I've tried to fix the auto text but it's worthless. Hopefully an update allows you to remove the blue words at the bottom of screen. Typical words that get butchered? Sex comes up as see. Your comes up as tour and typical stuff like that. And texting and driving is even worse. And yes its illegal but I live in a wooded area with no traffic or issues. I got into an argument with my girl and wanted to toss this phone because of all the times I had to hit the back key. Not hating on the phone but I don't need help typing. Especially when it doesn't learn anything I type

Sent From My BlackBerry Z10
    04-20-13 02:55 PM
    That's fine. But I can say without a doubt that the z10 keyboard is the best virtual keyboard I have ever used. I used the iPhone 5 for a few months and have used just about every keyboard available for android and on a few different android devices. The blackberry virtual keyboard is the best. But yes, if that's not good enough for you then the q10 is calling your name!

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 02:57 PM
    The keyboard is fantastic but I do agree when you're arguing and just typing all over the place it gets annoying quick having to backspace all the typos

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 03:00 PM
    Cool story dude, if the z10 isnt working out for you then go for the Q10 but FFS you dont need to post up another thread about it. Your other thread made it clear you wanted the Q10...go for it and hope it works out for you.

As for me??, yeh i make a few typos when using the keyboard but i dont just aimlessly send the message off...always check and double check that what i want to say is WHAT i want to say.
    STV0726 and meganVee like this.
    04-20-13 03:00 PM
    Cool reply dude

independentvolume and ihys like this.
    04-20-13 03:05 PM
    If you are referring to the words placed in the space bar you can turn that off. I hated it too.
    Auto text has made me want the Q10-img_00000077.png
    Not sure if that's what you mean.

Posted via Naked BlackBerry Z10
    RazzBerry and jordan559 like this.
    04-20-13 03:10 PM
    If you are referring to the words placed in the space bar you can turn that off. I hated it too.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000077.png 
Views:	3188 
Size:	149.8 KB 
ID:	153214

Yea but this phone is backwards. If you turn that option off the words I have saved will stop working. For example bb spells out BlackBerry. Thanks for the help though. The people on this site (including admin.yes YOU) are totally worthless. It's true what people say about this site. It's not even worth posting anymore.

Spawn12 likes this.
    04-20-13 03:33 PM
    And yes the keyboard is the best touchscreen keyboard out there, but the auto text needs an update

04-20-13 03:36 PM
    Add words like sex ( and anything else you're spelling correctly and don't want auto corrected) as well as swear words to your dictionary.

Posted via CB10
    meganVee likes this.
    04-20-13 03:40 PM
    I totally agree with gees97. I would like to turn off the auto text all together. And the send button is too easy to hit next to the back button. I waste too much time having to re-type words because it suggests something I don't want and then there is no way for me to enter a space because a word is sitting in the space key. I used my Bold9650 a lot for email. It is too difficult with the BB10 and too futile now. I don't bother answering email Very bad decision for me to get the z10. Too bad I already got accessories for it.
    04-20-13 03:48 PM
    I totally agree with gees97. I would like to turn off the auto text all together. And the send button is too easy to hit next to the back button. I waste too much time having to re-type words because it suggests something I don't want and then there is no way for me to enter a space because a word is sitting in the space key. I used my Bold9650 a lot for email. It is too difficult with the BB10 and too futile now. I don't bother answering email Very bad decision for me to get the z10. Too bad I already got accessories for it.
    It's definatly not a fast paced typing machine. And on my bold 9930 I was a beast at typing fast. Now I feel handicapped and it makes me mad lmao

04-20-13 03:56 PM
    And honestly if it wasn't for the frets this keyboard would be unusable

04-20-13 03:57 PM
    Yea but this phone is backwards. If you turn that option off the words I have saved will stop working. For example bb spells out BlackBerry. Thanks for the help though. The people on this site (including admin.yes YOU) are totally worthless. It's true what people say about this site. It's not even worth posting anymore.

Don't let the door hit you on the *** on your way out.

Posted via CB10
    meganVee and curvezzz like this.
    04-20-13 04:01 PM
    Don't let the door hit you on the *** on your way out.

Posted via CB10
    Another pointless post.

04-20-13 04:06 PM

yet you keep posting...

Sent from an ATM Machine
    04-20-13 04:13 PM
    Lol I can relate to the problem of words getting buggered up and if you're in a hurry oy what a mess. Plus that tricky delete key is so close (finger wise) to the send key that you can send crap you really didn't mean to 'cause you were still correcting. I am getting much better on this keyboard with one finger typing. I'm torn as I get better at it as to whether I will get my much wanted Q10 although I do miss using both hands on the keyboard (ultimately I will probably get the Q10 too but damn I'm getting pretty used to my Z10)

I don't like this keyboard anymore. All it does is butcher my words up. I've tried to fix the auto text but it's worthless. Hopefully an update allows you to remove the blue words at the bottom of screen. Typical words that get butchered? Sex comes up as see. Your comes up as tour and typical stuff like that. And texting and driving is even worse. And yes its illegal but I live in a wooded area with no traffic or issues. I got into an argument with my girl and wanted to toss this phone because of all the times I had to hit the back key. Not hating on the phone but I don't need help typing. Especially when it doesn't learn anything I type

cbdave likes this.
    04-20-13 04:52 PM
    Yes! I've finally achieved the Worthless status! I didn't even have to try either!

Z10 via T-Mobile (10.0.10.85)
    dcburke789 likes this.
    04-20-13 04:56 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000077.png 
Views:	3188 
Size:	149.8 KB 
ID:	153214

Actually i was wondering how BlackBerry they didn't make an option to stop the auto correct from the space button but now really really its the best keyboard ever... only now we need them to fix the arabic keyboard because its very slow

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 04:58 PM

You do realize that if you don't want the word that the space bar is suggesting you can flick up on the space bar because your original word is on top of it?

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG, curvezzz and meganVee like this.
    04-20-13 04:59 PM
    The people on this site (including admin.yes YOU) are totally worthless. It's true what people say about this site. It's not even worth posting anymore.

Then why the **** you still here posting dude??

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG and meganVee like this.
    04-20-13 05:11 PM
    Here's how you fix your issues.

1. When you see Blue words, instead of pressing the space bar swipe up the word you really want. That way the keyboard learns that that was the word you really wanted. And the next time you write sex it will not show up in the space bar.

If you let the keyboard learn your writing style it will become worthwhile.

I find myself writing all sorta of typos in this keyboard but since it already knows my writing style it corrects everything the way I'm thinking.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Douken; 04-23-13 at 01:19 AM.
    drewread likes this.
    04-20-13 05:13 PM
    Chalk another one up to user error.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 05:13 PM
    Another tidbit of info...

Stop using the backspace key, and swipe left on the keyboard to erase a word. Two fingers for 2 words.

Posted via CB10
    meganVee likes this.
    04-20-13 05:20 PM
    Someone gives you advice and solutions and you call them useless. Now I see why people complain about this board..

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    meganVee and SDTRMG like this.
    04-20-13 05:23 PM
    Auto text has made me want the Q10-img_00000209.png
    May want to use this but if it doesn't work for you then the physical keyboard may be better for you.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-20-13 05:25 PM
64 123