Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! lol

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 06:42 PM
    Good luck with the Q10 OP.

I have not had this problem yet since I added words to the custom dictionary, and I flick up on the spacebar if the autocorrect is trying to change the word. Not one butchered word unless I let the device do it.
    04-22-13 06:54 PM
    Don't add it to the dictionary (unless you want to use spell checking... the one with when you click on the red underlined word and pick the right one from a pop up list), you have to flick the word up from the space bar once typed correctly.

If I have a word my zed is stuck with I usually type something like: Isabella z10 Isabella. In this case I flicked it up after typing it the first time, the second time I typed Isabella it was on my spacebar by the fifth letter. The third type I typed Isabella right there it was listed on the 'e' for flicking up after typing "isab"x shortly after that it is available on the spacebar.. every time.

It does work.

Isabella, Isabella, Isabella ... no problem!

Yeah.. from the ZED on CB10
    This is incorrect. Once you add Isabella into the dictionary, it will show on the space bar.

Isabella will show with the red dotted line at first. Tap on it and the Add to Dictionary will pop up. Tap +. Problem solved.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 07:34 PM
    I hate when things are different than what I am used to on a totally different device. Why can't things be exactly the same but totally new and exciting? I want something new and different but the same.

Can anyone help me with this?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 08:00 PM
    There are so many helpful posts in this thread that you seem to be ignoring and only quoting*replying to the "Troll" posts

Stop complaining if you aren't going to try and help yourself

Posted via CB10
    Ignoring posts because I couldn't care less about this thread anymore. Have you seen how many pages there are? you have people throwing in their 2 cents when they don't even know what's going on.
    So what was that about complaining again?

Sent From My BlackBerry Z10
    04-22-13 08:19 PM
    Clear learned words...that won't erase any of your personal dictionary words you've added nor the preset ones (bb=BlackBerry)

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 08:38 PM
    Yea but this phone is backwards. If you turn that option off the words I have saved will stop working. For example bb spells out BlackBerry. Thanks for the help though. The people on this site (including admin.yes YOU) are totally worthless. It's true what people say about this site. It's not even worth posting anymore.

Sent From My BlackBerry Z10
    There is an option to delete the dictionary. Regardless, enjoy the Q and let us know how it is!
    04-22-13 08:43 PM
    Practice makes perfect everyone, don't give up!!!

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    04-22-13 09:50 PM
    You know I've been using the keyboard for a while but I only use her name infrequently but I must have corrected it like 20 times already.
    But I tried your tip, I just kept typing her name over and over and over in a single sentence.

Now it seems to have trained itself so it comes up after a few letters, so thanks!
    Glad it's working for you. you must train that Padawan keyboard.

04-23-13 08:11 AM
    This is incorrect. Once you add Isabella into the dictionary, it will show on the space bar.

Isabella will show with the red dotted line at first. Tap on it and the Add to Dictionary will pop up. Tap +. Problem solved.

Posted via CB10
    I am 100% certain that is not the most efficient way to train your Z on new words.

There are different dictionaries for suggestions and spell checking. That way slang doesn't end up in your spell checked documents unless you want it to.

Spell check: settings, language and input, spell check, edit personal dictionary.

Word suggestions for flick: settings, language and input, automated assistance, clear learned words (don't click that though!)

Auto text is a third list as well (BB for BlackBerry, etc...)

Auto-text: settings, language and input, automated assistance, word substitution

They all affect different aspects..

04-23-13 08:22 AM
    The z10 keyboard is the best touch keyboard but that is like being the best amateur. If you want a pro, go for the q10. I may get one when they come out and give this to my wife. But then I love the big screen. Not sure yet.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 09:00 AM
    I love the keyboard and coming from the 9810 I was suspect. But, like on my various legacy devices, I have disabled spell check and disabled auto correction. Still liking the swipe suggested words function, but have had to get use to that. It does a nice job learning the words I use regularly, some of which is purely slang.
    04-23-13 09:12 AM
    Yep this auto correct sure results in some funny stuff (although it is handy) today while texting my daughter that I'd pick up chicken and mojos for dinner and not looking to see what my Z10 decided to interpret for me,- my daughter rec'd a text saying we were having chicken and moose for supper.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 09:32 PM
    Another tidbit of info...

Stop using the backspace key, and swipe left on the keyboard to erase a word. Two fingers for 2 words.

Posted via CB10
    Damn, I'd forgotten about this swipe gesture. Thank you for the reminder.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 10:20 PM
64 123