reset the "learned" behaviours and start fresh? maybe that will clear it up
    04-20-13 05:38 PM
    Threads like this make realize how fortunate I am. My business uses a lot of jargon, some it I had to save but most of it was picked up and repeated by BB10. It bugged me for a while that I couldn't misspell words until I saw they were in the fret above the space bar, I could just swipe them up and ignore the space bar correction. I really am curious how all this is going to be implemented in the Q10. Just my 2 cents.
    04-20-13 07:59 PM
    I am typing faster on my Z10 than I was with my Bold 9900. All settings for the keyboard have been set ON. I appreciate the blue words in the space bar. It is actually what makes my typing faster as I do have to hit the space bar to type the next word.

I actually can't comprehend why it isn't working for you.

Posted via CB10
    pinkvikchick likes this.
    04-20-13 08:21 PM
    I know right? I was driving along whilst arguing with my girl too, and was all like "Dude I hate this glass screen" and wa Ted to throw the phone at this trucker guy. I mean, I'm not hatin, but why make the screen out of glass? It's all smooth and see through, God, this isn't the 1990's, who still uses glass screens? Anyway, I was arguing with my girl, and she was like "Boy don't you dare use a phone with a touchscreen keyboard," and i was all like "Whaaaat!?" and she was like "Did I stutter?" and to cut a long story short we hit a tree. Thanks a lot BlackBerry. Shoulda got a Nokia.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 08:28 PM
    I know right? I was driving along whilst arguing with my girl too, and was all like "Dude I hate this glass screen" and wa Ted to throw the phone at this trucker guy. I mean, I'm not hatin, but why make the screen out of glass? It's all smooth and see through, God, this isn't the 1990's, who still uses glass screens? Anyway, I was arguing with my girl, and she was like "Boy don't you dare use a phone with a touchscreen keyboard," and i was all like "Whaaaat!?" and she was like "Did I stutter?" and to cut a long story short we hit a tree. Thanks a lot BlackBerry. Shoulda got a Nokia.

Posted via CB10
    did she snap her fingers, sway her head left and right and then scratch you with her fake purple colored nails? hey mr. it's not blackberry that chose her, you chose her.
    pinkvikchick and green_ember like this.
    04-21-13 11:36 AM
    Here's how you fix your issues.

1. When you see Blue words, instead of pressing the space bar swipe up the word you really want. That way the keyboard learns that that was the word you really wanted. And the next time you write sex it will not show up in the space bar.

If you let the keyboard learn your writing style it will become worthwhile.

I find myself writing all aorta of typos in this keyboard but since it already knows my writing style it corrects everything the way I'm thinking.

Posted via CB10
    Douken has got the right idea. You have to train your BlackBerry how to speak.

Become its master. Teach it your lingo by flicking your lingo up from the keyboard. That is how it learns to auto correct.

The dictionary has nothing to do with what it guesses. That is only for spelling correction.

Did you hit space and the wrong word came up? Swipe once from right to left and blame your original word is right back where it was before you hit space.

Works amazingly well when you have trained it. Wayyyy faster than any physical keyboard that I have ever owned (and I've been on them since the BlackBerry 950!)

If you aren't training your keyboard it will remain a Padawan, mine has achieved Jedi status. And yes it knows both of those words!!

Yeah.. from the ZED on CB10
    04-21-13 12:13 PM
    Because its a forum and I can. you mad?

Sent From My BlackBerry Z10
    04-21-13 04:31 PM
    Someone gives you advice and solutions and you call them useless. Now I see why people complain about this board..

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    Yes I called them useless. When they come into the post just to run their mouth and claim that it was a waste to post this. I've already trained my words and even reset them. I've even sat here typing the same word over and over using the swipe up feature and still gives me the predicted word. All I said in my original post is that I want the Q10. Is there rules saying I can't post this? I think not. So for everyone with smart arse remarks you can continue on stalking me. I love the attention

04-21-13 04:38 PM
    Threads like this make realize how fortunate I am. My business uses a lot of jargon, some it I had to save but most of it was picked up and repeated by BB10. It bugged me for a while that I couldn't misspell words until I saw they were in the fret above the space bar, I could just swipe them up and ignore the space bar correction. I really am curious how all this is going to be implemented in the Q10. Just my 2 cents.
    The words will come up at the bottom of the screen on the Q10

04-21-13 04:39 PM
    Hey I kind of agree with op. However the predictive texts is world class, I wake up early morning to go to work, so to text my girlfriend, I type the letter 'g' and it gives me good and it knows that I want to type morning next and then beautiful. So instead of typing while I am driving early morning, I type g and swipe 3 times and have myself a girlfriend that is happy that I took the time to type all that!

Posted via CB10
    pandapurple likes this.
    04-21-13 04:46 PM
    Yes I called them useless. When they come into the post just to run their mouth and claim that it was a waste to post this. I've already trained my words and even reset them. I've even sat here typing the same word over and over using the swipe up feature and still gives me the predicted word. All I said in my original post is that I want the Q10. Is there rules saying I can't post this? I think not. So for everyone with smart arse remarks you can continue on stalking me. I love the attention

If you are swiping up and still not getting the word you typed then this is a clear case of user error.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 04:50 PM
    You have to swipe up to negate that auto correct word on the space bar, swipe up from the space bar I mean, I have no issues whatsoever with it, but that is the workaround

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 04:58 PM
    And when it auto corrects a word even in Spanish just back space once and it will revert to the original word, I don't see what the problem is, I type like a God despite the fact that I have to do that.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 05:01 PM
    The problem with people getting mad at the forums is because instead of asking for help in a respectful manner they start bashing the device and use "Z10 Sucks" as the subject line, and then they get the same backlash and don't like it, sucks for you, don't start out a thread by bashing the device when you're seeking help, these people will eat you up and spit you back out for it.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 05:08 PM
    I had the same problem before, but once I realized I could simply swipe up on the space bar to keep my word, it all worked out fine...

BY THE WAY, I believe, or am guessing that the reason why BlackBerry is updating the words on the space bar to green (from what I read about the 10.1 update), is so that you notice the suggested word faster before pressing the space bar. Sometimes if I don't pay attention, I just don't realize the suggested word on the space bar before pressing it, so it takes a little getting used to (keeping your eyes on the space bar)...

My only problem now is that sometimes when I flick the space bar word up, I tend to flick the app up and get to the active screen lol... I guess I need to be careful not to swipe up from too low on the screen...

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 05:18 PM
    Although it's fun to use the keyboard can be frustrating.
    It absolutely refuses to learn my daughter's name, Isabella, no matter how many times I insist it uses it.
    Quite irritating.
    04-21-13 05:36 PM
    Well when 10.1 comes out you pick up to three languages, so I guess that should fix your problem to say the least lol

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 05:43 PM
    It absolutely refuses to learn my daughter's name, Isabella, no matter how many times I insist it uses it.
    Quite irritating.
    Add her name into your dictionary when the keyboard gets stubborn.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 05:47 PM
    I don't like this keyboard anymore. All it does is butcher my words up. I've tried to fix the auto text but it's worthless. Hopefully an update allows you to remove the blue words at the bottom of screen. Typical words that get butchered? Sex comes up as see. Your comes up as tour and typical stuff like that. And texting and driving is even worse. And yes its illegal but I live in a wooded area with no traffic or issues. I got into an argument with my girl and wanted to toss this phone because of all the times I had to hit the back key. Not hating on the phone but I don't need help typing. Especially when it doesn't learn anything I type

Turn Off Auto Correction then, like man so simple of a solution.
    04-21-13 05:58 PM
    You can just add the word to the dictionary.....

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 06:00 PM
    Quite irritating.
    Don't add it to the dictionary (unless you want to use spell checking... the one with when you click on the red underlined word and pick the right one from a pop up list), you have to flick the word up from the space bar once typed correctly.

If I have a word my zed is stuck with I usually type something like: Isabella z10 Isabella. In this case I flicked it up after typing it the first time, the second time I typed Isabella it was on my spacebar by the fifth letter. The third type I typed Isabella right there it was listed on the 'e' for flicking up after typing "isab"x shortly after that it is available on the spacebar.. every time.

It does work.

Isabella, Isabella, Isabella ... no problem!

bobauckland likes this.
    04-21-13 09:33 PM
    The people on this site (including admin.yes YOU) are totally worthless. It's true what people say about this site. It's not even worth posting anymore.

Hey.! That's not very nice. My post was in agreement with you - re the keyboard playing around with words. Good grief, I'm sure you will be pretty happy with the Q10 .

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 04:29 PM
    There are so many helpful posts in this thread that you seem to be ignoring and only quoting*replying to the "Troll" posts

Stop complaining if you aren't going to try and help yourself

Posted via CB10
    R Field likes this.
    04-22-13 04:44 PM
    I'd like the option to change the send key to a 'hold to send' key. I'd rather there be a delay on it, or at least the option of a delay to prevent mis-hits from the delete key. Just a thought
    venious likes this.
    04-22-13 05:01 PM
    Don't add it to the dictionary (unless you want to use spell checking... the one with when you click on the red underlined word and pick the right one from a pop up list), you have to flick the word up from the space bar once typed correctly.

If I have a word my zed is stuck with I usually type something like: Isabella z10 Isabella. In this case I flicked it up after typing it the first time, the second time I typed Isabella it was on my spacebar by the fifth letter. The third type I typed Isabella right there it was listed on the 'e' for flicking up after typing "isab"x shortly after that it is available on the spacebar.. every time.

It does work.

Isabella, Isabella, Isabella ... no problem!

You know I've been using the keyboard for a while but I only use her name infrequently but I must have corrected it like 20 times already.
    But I tried your tip, I just kept typing her name over and over and over in a single sentence.

Now it seems to have trained itself so it comes up after a few letters, so thanks!
    drewread likes this.
    04-22-13 05:02 PM
64 123